Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Problems with my Mustang GT. Pony Stalls...

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/06, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with my Mustang GT. Pony Stalls...

I was driving on 405 freeway in LA on a summer afternoon and suddenly my pony dies with 'Check Charging System', 'Low Fuel' and all kinds of messages. Steering wheel locks and car comes into neutral and just rolls. Since the freeway is bumper to bumper traffic, I just rolled to the shoulder and waited. After 10 minutes, I was able to start the car again, took the exit and drove for another 5 minutes and the whole thing repeats again. I got the car towed to my dealership and now they say that they cannot replicate the problem . The service rep says that she knows about the alternator problem and since they cannot replicate, they cannot replace the alternator. Does any one had this problem? If so, please let me know what the issue and fix is.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 6/21/06, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This happened to me with my 1990 Pontiac Bonneville. I fixed it by 'rebooting' the CPM -- disconnect the + terminal on the battery, wait about 15 seconds, then reconnect it. If that doesn't fix it, see if there's a TSB on it.