Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Problem: Foglights go on ???

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/08, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem: Foglights go on ???

I have a 2008 GT with anti-theft and after market remote start. I don't know if they have anything to do with this. But, anybody have this problem? My fog lights will just go on sometimes in the garage. My wife told me this one day and I thought she was dreaming. I saw it myself today while just walking by my car. The fog lights went on, then after a bit went off. After awhile I thought maybe the anti-theft stuff, so I bumped the car, nothing.
Why me
Old 5/4/08, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You can try checking the battery voltage to make sure it's not below 9 volts. I was walking through a Ford car lot one day and I noticed a car with the headlights going on and off about every 30 seconds with an on time of about 3 seconds. I figured it was probably a weak battery from sitting on the lot so long.
I guess it's also possible someone installing the remote start has connected a wire to a wrong terminal and it's backfeeding the fog lights. I'm guessing it's more a low voltage problem. Check the battery voltage when the fog lights are on by themself, not after starting the engine.

Last edited by Lime GT; 5/4/08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 5/5/08, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Lime GT, I'll check into this. By the way, my last car was a Lime GT.
Anyway, does low voltage cause stuff like this?
Old 5/5/08, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Went by both Ford and Sterio shop. No answers yet. But will keep checking. I do notice my fogs go on like they are supposed to with stock fob, and not at all now with aftermartet remote.
This all worked fine on my 06 GT.