Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Issue with mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/23, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue with mustang

Hey guys, I was driving home in my 2008 4.0 V6 5 speed auto mustang and when I accelerated I got a limp mode light so when I slowed down to a light I got a engine light and a oil light and simultaneously my steering and braking fully locked up. I turned the car off and on and that seemed to do the trick but I am curious what might have happened and if I take it in.
Old 8/31/23, 11:25 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,610 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard! With regards to your limp mode, engine light, and oil light along with your steering and brake fully locking up... My questions are how many miles are on your 2008 V6 and when was the last time the car had a tune up? If your vehicle is near or over 100k miles? I would suspect spark plugs; spark plug coils as needing replaced... It could also be a dirty MAF sensor, dirty throttle body or possibly a vacuum leak or bad 02 sensor... Without actually seeing the vehicle, it's really difficult to know for certain...

In the meantime, I would strongly recommend that before taking your car in for servicing, consider taking a visit to your local Advance Auto Parts Store, describe your issues and ask to have them connect one of their hand-held scanning devices to your vehicle's OBDII port and scan for trouble codes... If any trouble codes show up on the scanning tool? this will narrow down and provide which parts are causing the issues.... Meanwhile, hope you find the info provided as useful...
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
05stangkc (9/1/23), Evan Pautsch (8/31/23)
Old 9/1/23, 06:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I would start by removing and cleaning the throttle body. Make sure your air filter is clean as well.