Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I think the Fuel Tank TSB did it!

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/05, 12:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm as happy as can be. You guys may remember that I had some serious quirks with my mustang that was causing me to not really enjoy it that much, mainly major lag and so fourth. Well so far I've taken it in for the popping struts issue, it's been fixed took it in for the Shaker 500 issue, they replaced it and now it will occasionally spit out a bad disc, but not as much, and I got the fuel tank replaced and havne't had fill up issues yet. However the best part of all is that I don't hardly notice any lag anymore! The GT is super fast in drive, and even better with o/d off. All this after the tank was replaced. has anyone noticed this? I don't know if they reflashed the computer or what, but my theory is that it was said the problem was that the old tank had a tube that was too small and so when the fuel went in it would cause like a waterlog and the car would think it's full and the pressure had something to with it too. I think that maybe the car is receiving a steader supply of Gas when I accelerate now, there is no bottlenecks in the fuel system. I have noticed that I'm not driving the car nearly as hard to accelrate and it jumps really fast, also noticed that before my average MPG was 18-21 and now it's lower like 14-17. While this is bad, it's actually means that the car is being fed more as I do notice it's mch more responsive. The shifts are better, I notice it doesn't get stuck in the 2.5K RPM's it goes higher up to 3.5 before shifting. it's an auto tranny. I'm finally enjoying my car!

The only thing left on it is to activate the global windows, the rattles come and go and they are minor so they dont' bug me, and the R to D shift clunk while loud is pretty common on all these new stangs so I guess if somethings really bad they will recall it, they told me it was normal and all the stangs did it. You guys seems to be having the issue too. Lastly, the only outstanding issue is the clunk I hear when I accelerate sometimes. Seems to be coming from the front and under, not too loud, can be ignored if Windows are down, but it can be felt under peddle, it's weird, it sounds and feel like the shifter "clunk" but coming from acceleration. Dunno if it's exhaust, tranny, what could it be? They said they didn't hear it. It's sporadic.
Old 8/12/05, 10:27 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear about the good news!

Sadly I think your theory is off - I get the impression to change the tank, they disconnected the battery.... thereby resetting the computer to just like when you got the car - so it hasn't 'learned' how you drive yet and is more responsive with o/d on or off....

Least that is what I am guessing happened....