Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

I got a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/05, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Well I wanted to 2005 Mustang ever since it was a concept. Finally got to the point where I could by one and when I bought it and I have had nothing but trouble since day one. :bang:

The car has been back to the dealership 4 times for the same problems. I have a Vibration in the drive train at Highway speeds.
They replaced the driveshaft 3 times, the gears, axels, Muffler brackets, Tranny mounts, and a Tranny dampner. All of which did not fix the problem.

They have to fly down a Ford engineer to come look at this car cause the dealership can't figure out the issue. I'm getting really frustrated cause I have had the car since August and barely been able to drive it.

I just wish they would just give me a new car and send this one back to Ford. This is my first new car and the Dealership has really ruined the new car experience for me. They keep calling me and saying the car is ready and when I pick it up it's not fixed. The last trip I made over there they were saying I was going to have to live with it. I blew up on them and said they were going to fix my car or give me a new one on the lot. At that point they decided to fly in the engineer. Personally I’m tried of playing and just want a working new car.

Has anyone else had issues like this and what did you have to finally do to resolve it. Not here to complain just wish I could find a way to get a working 2005 Mustang.
Old 11/14/05, 06:49 AM

http://www.carlemon.com/
Old 11/14/05, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

I know this is a fustrating experience with your new dream car, but I'd give the Ford engineer a chance. They have the power to authorize repairs a dealership wouldn't. If they can't fix your car, then your're covered under the lemon law.
Old 11/14/05, 07:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Every state has different rules regarding the Lemon Law. Contact your states Attorney General's office and they can direct you. Also keep documentation of all work and conversations, you may need them.
Old 11/14/05, 07:25 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have the ever considered the problem could be a tire, rim or just a bad balancing job?
Old 11/14/05, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Have the ever considered the problem could be a tire, rim or just a bad balancing job?
I suggested the same thing and the replied to me saying that tires would not cause that type of vibration. They have even put the car on a Dyno and where not able to locate the issue.

I just talked to them and they are now looking at the engine motor mounts. If they have to pull the motor I don't want the car back. It's supposed to me a new car they already started replacing major componets already. I don't want a rebuilt Mustang I paid for a new one.

Old 11/14/05, 08:23 AM
V6 Member

Man, that is painful. I hope you get it straightened out.
Old 11/14/05, 08:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope it all works out. Let us know how you make out.
Old 11/14/05, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by VintagMustang302@November 14, 2005, 9:06 AM
I just talked to them and they are now looking at the engine motor mounts. If they have to pull the motor I don't want the car back. It's supposed to me a new car they already started replacing major componets already. I don't want a rebuilt Mustang I paid for a new one.
They won't need to pull the engine to replace the mounts - it can be done with the engine in the car.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but let the engineer take a shot at it man...
Old 11/14/05, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the concerns guys.
Old 11/14/05, 12:38 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by VintagMustang302@November 14, 2005, 11:06 AM
I suggested the same thing and the replied to me saying that tires would not cause that type of vibration. They have even put the car on a Dyno and where not able to locate the issue.

Man that sucks. Still makes me wonder though. I can understand the dyno for checking the rear tires (didn't know FORD dealers had dyno's by the way) but they can't check the front tires that way. I'd swap the rims and tires and take it for a drive just to see. Sure is a lot cheaper than swapping out engine mounts just to find out the mounts are not the issue (that is if that is what happens).
Old 11/14/05, 04:37 PM

I can't believe they'd do all that yet they didn't try a set of tires.

I'd swap out the rims and tires then drive it again. FYI don't get the same tires you already have. Try someone that either has the 18's or swapped out after market.
Old 11/14/05, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by VintagMustang302@November 14, 2005, 8:45 AM
The car has been back to the dealership 4 times for the same problems. I have a Vibration in the drive train at Highway speeds.
They replaced the driveshaft 3 times, the gears, axels, Muffler brackets, Tranny mounts, and a Tranny dampner. All of which did not fix the problem.

I just wish they would just give me a new car and send this one back to Ford.
Four times on the same problem? Their chances are up, they owe you a new car.

Start calling corporate, don't $%&# around with the dealer. No question about it.

Friend of mine had this exact problem with his car (highway vibration at speed in the drivetrain). Dealer got three attemps, then new car.

If you tell them, "look, I can be your worst customer or your best customer if you treat me right. Either way I'm going to tell everyone I know and people on the internet. Which customer would you rather have talking about your dealership". Then follow through.
Old 11/14/05, 05:28 PM
Cam Tease

Friggin...sweet reply DiamondBlue. (the "which customer would you rather..." part). I mean...the rest was okay..but, that part was pretty sweet. Im not gonna lie to you, I liked that. lol.
Old 11/14/05, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When is it vibrating? Is it at a certain speed, or is it a certain rpm?
Old 11/14/05, 07:02 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely look into the lemon laws for your state, hopefully you can be satisfied either way.
Old 11/15/05, 06:09 AM
Cobra Member

Where is the vibration being felt? In the steering wheel, or in the floor of the car? Does it go away when you put the car in neutral at the speed it occurs? I can't believe they can't find the source.

In Tennessee, I believe the dealer gets 3 attempts to fix the problem, and if you file suit under the lemon law, the dealer gets a fourth attempt, and if it fails, you get a new car.
Old 11/15/05, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the Vibration at 65-70 MPH doesn't matter what RPM. It can be felt everwhere sterring wheel, dash, seat, stick, the whole car vibrates.

The dealership just called me and the ford engineer has ordered a Under carrage assembly. What the heck is that? Man I'm really getting mad I don't want a completly rebult car here. I bought a new one.

Anyone have that Cutmer service number for Ford? :bang:
Old 11/15/05, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Ford contact page
Old 11/15/05, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

That really blows. Hope things work out for you.

Quick Reply: I got a Lemon