Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Having It Out With Dealership Over Fuel Pump Hesitation.

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/08, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having It Out With Dealership Over Fuel Pump Hesitation.

Went to two different ones this morning and both are giving me the whole have to make it do it....story....thats all fine but its getting me worked up.....I finally have one that is going to look at it..still says he has to recreate the problem. So fustrated.......any help on this? Maybe it will do it and they can fix it? Not likely snice it is like 20 degrees out side.. oh well.
Old 1/2/08, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's hard to fix something you can't find.
Old 1/2/08, 10:20 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had my service manager hop in the car and I took him on a drive until it did it.
Old 1/2/08, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks

Thanks for you response....but it may take it awhile to do don't you think? How long did you guys ride around till it happend?
Old 1/2/08, 11:08 AM
I lust for a M24

Mine was very frequent and happened after about 5 mins.
Old 1/2/08, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say it took a good 30 minutes at 50+ mph without changing gears before I'd have the problem when I down shifted or took off after a toll. However, when I intentionally went out to recreate the problem it wouldn't do it for me (I tried video taping it so I could show it to the dealer).

After 1.5 years and my 4th attempt to get them to fix it, the service manager finally said he'd do it. This came after told them told them:
-I bought my car here
-I always bring it here for service
-I'm asking for the 4th time to get this fixed after 1.5 years of asking
-handed them a copy of the TSB and emphasized that there is no practical way to demonstrate the problem
-I haven't asked to get any other random warantee fixes from them
-I consider this a safety issue. i.e, after purchasing this 300 hp car it's not unreasonable to expect the car to quickly move into a faster lane of traffic with little effort.
-it'd be a shame for me to go start taking my car somewhere else because of this.
Old 1/2/08, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Next time it does it, make notes about what the car was doing at that moment (driving straight, turning left, turning right, hitting a bump), the speed, weather conditions (yes, sometimes it makes a difference), etc. Anything that might remotely be connected to the problem should be noted. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for them to solve it or to duplicate the problem.
Old 1/2/08, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I presented the TSB to the service manager and told him exactly what the car was doing. He listened to me, read the TSB I handed him and said "well, that sounds like this is the problem. We'll have her done in 2 hours. The loaner car desk is over there, hand them this ticket for a freebie."
Old 1/2/08, 04:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by theedge67
I presented the TSB to the service manager and told him exactly what the car was doing. He listened to me, read the TSB I handed him and said "well, that sounds like this is the problem. We'll have her done in 2 hours. The loaner car desk is over there, hand them this ticket for a freebie."
The way it should be.
Old 1/2/08, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was pleased.
Old 1/2/08, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

drop it off.....

drop it off this evening they are going to check it out tommorrow....I just feel it want happen with the cold weather and them not driving it at least 45 mile trip.....? If they don't fix it I am going to tell them to #$%&*@...well you know... I left the tsb with them on the hesitation, gas guage problem ( reads empty when full some times) and the sticky emergency brake. We will see..........
Old 1/3/08, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took my car in back in December and showed them the TSB and they fixed it no questions asked. They even replaced the third brake light bulb without charging me.
Old 1/3/08, 10:54 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
Originally Posted by 05RedGT
I took my car in back in December and showed them the TSB and they fixed it no questions asked.
Same here. Gave the service manager the TSB and they just fixed it. Talked to the tech after and he didn't even drive it to check. Road was being paved in front of dealership so he wouldn't take it out on the fresh asphalt.

Old 1/4/08, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

picking up tonight..Yadkin Valley Ford Sucks. Wilkesboro

Just wanted to let the locals know that I took my car in for a couple of tsb problems that are very well known by many other dealers and are being fixed by bigger and better dealerships....I really like John and the guys in sales....i have always had a Great realtionship with them...but I want be back. Took the car up for a Fuel pump problem(Has a Major hesitation after a long cruise. I can drive to Winston in the car and get off the exit ramp only to find out it will just about go completely dead then fuel will catch and back up she goes....very embrassing for FORD and Me.)....only 9500 miles on My 2006 Mustang GT ask them to fix it and a Fuel sending unit problem..reads empty when full. They give me the whole will have to make it do it....talk....well they drove it....and it didn't do it, just like I told them it would. You must drive the car for over an hour to really make it happen. Called Parkway Ford and Young Ford They both said sure bring it in we will take care of it. I guess bigger is better........... Anyways I just order a new GT500 pump from the bigger better dealership spent $630 out side of town and I will put it in my self. Sucks don't you say....I will be calling Ford on Monday.
Just needed to vent.....hope you don't delete.
Old 1/4/08, 05:17 PM
I lust for a M24

There's a reason the smaller dealers tend to stay small dealers. They seem to have a take-it or leave-it attitude. You'd think it'd be the opposite.
Old 1/4/08, 05:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

So you found a dealer to fix the pony after you had already ordered the GT500 pumps? That sucks...can you cancel the order?
Old 1/4/08, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

no....

yea I found a dealer that would fix it.....but I am going to go ahead and install the gt500 pump. I figure I will need it sooner or later. But I am still going to call ford and complain....maybe they will do me a partial reimburse?
Old 1/4/08, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

A reimbursment for the GT500 pump you ordered? Not gonna happen. Don't waste your breath. Now if you had bought a replacement fuel pump and paid to have it installed, THEN found out it was actually covered under warranty, you might be able to get something out of Ford.