Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Good vs Evil

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/07, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Good vs Evil

Has anyone posted a thread listing Good Dealers from Bad dealers? Might be a good idea to post Competant, Mod user friendly Dealerships country wide so if and when the need arises we don't get the same gut feeling similar to the one we get when we go to the dentist for routine maint.
Old 7/16/07, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

That's an excelent idea. I just had a very positive experience with my dealer but I have also read many horror stories, particularly for those with mods. Dealers can vary drastically so I think it would be a great idea to have a list of good and bad.
Old 7/17/07, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Hmmm... I can imagine a "Bad" dealer causing legal problems for this site because of that label...
Old 7/18/07, 11:41 AM

Not looking to create any Legal Problems for anyone, just an information base on who is who, and what is what. If nothing else just based on personal experience.We have all heard it time and time again about Dealerships that will treat the Customer Fair and right, then there is the opposite side of that. Relaying personal experience I don't believe can cause Liable on anyones behalf. Hell, what has this country and we as a People come to when you can't even express tour experieces with others without being in fear of being sued? I do however express the need for Honesty when relating your experiece. Further make No accusations that you cannot backup, nor use any malous. Think I spelles it right.
Old 7/18/07, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Hmmm... I can imagine a "Bad" dealer causing legal problems for this site because of that label...
I am pretty sure we have freedom of speech for reasons such as this. I don't really think a dealer has much legal recourse when someone shares their experience of said dealer with others no matter what methods they use. look at all the news programs that expose crooked businesses on local television stations. I think it is a great idea to post good and bad dealer experiences as long as people qualify the story. especially mod friendly dealers
Old 7/20/07, 11:04 PM

Well I guess I will start with Mak Haik in Houston and Tomball Ford in Tomball, both in TX, both get a thumbs up!
Old 7/23/07, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

anyone know of any mod friendly dealers in Dallas, TX, I need to get the TSB for the hiccuping after long road trips taken care of and would rather not return the car to stock. thanks
Old 7/24/07, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Faber
I am pretty sure we have freedom of speech for reasons such as this.
There are also such novel concepts as "libel" and "slander" and "defamation of character" that contravene "freedom of speech."

"Freedom of speech" does NOT mean "freedom from consequences."

I'll get off my soapbox now and resume our previously scheduled topic!!

HEMBORG FORD in Norco, CA.

SALES FORCE: The two times I have been there I was lied to and MY PERSONAL OPINION is that they are a bunch of thieves.

SERVICE DEPARTMENT: Great, timely work, done right the first time. Good hours, friendly people. (don't know about modded 'Stangs though).
Old 7/26/07, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Smith Ford in Conway Arkansas - great folks to deal with. Let me order on x plan when stangs were still scarce (some others in area were charing 500 over sticker), kept me posted all along the way, delivered my car to me within 3 hours of it arriving at dealership.