Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Driver's door handle won't fully retract

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/17, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's door handle won't fully retract

So excuse me if this is already posted in this forum but all im seeing is old posts on this and not very helpful, so yes my drivers side door handle wont fully retract, I already took off the door panel and saw that it is in fact the spring that came out of the one side.. sooooo a few questions I saw someone post on here that they made a bracket that supported the spring so that it wouldn't come out again but I have not seen any instructions on what he used and how it was held on? or any pictures of the finished product.. so on the other side of that how about anyone that just went ahead and ordered a new one from the dealer? how much did it cost and did it come painted or did it have to get painted? and finally with either one is there any better instructions how to take this off and what size tools you need, I have the service manual I saw posted on here but I thought It was pretty vague and did not list what size tools you would need for these bolts.. anyone thanks in advance this door is driving me CRAZY!