Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Drive Shaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/24, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive Shaft problem

Hello all, I have a 2005 Mustang Gt. Mods include Steeda underdrive pulley , JLT 3 series, Pypes headers with X pipe, pypes muffler delete, roush 20x9.5, FRPP Lower control arms , Automatic built tranny, Lito tune, Roush Stage 2 suspension, Yukon 3.73 gears , FRPP posi, edlebroch water pump, mishmoto 160 thermostat, aluminum radiator.

I recently bought the DSS one price aluminum drive shaft. Shop put it on and they reported no problems. The same day they installed my new BMR rear non adjustable lowers as well as a BMR Upper non adjustable with the relocation bracket.

Following that they took it for a drive and stated “your rear end sounds like it going to fall apart” “death shake”

Curious…. Is it the pinion angle? That would be my first guess needing an adjustable upper (ordered) but why wouldn’t they’re experience this death shake with the stock lowers and uppers on? Glenn from BMR seems to think the stock hardware “absorbed it” but my shop seems to think that’s BS.

I spoke with a true s197 shop and he thinks it’s the pinion angle as well and advised an adjustable upper… is this correct thinking?
Old 2/12/24, 03:54 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Welcome,

Scroll on Down Below This Post and There are Some Related Topics on Your Issue.
Be Advised The 2010-2014 Topics Will Apply as Well!
Kc
Old 2/12/24, 08:51 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by buccaneerstang
Hello all, I have a 2005 Mustang Gt. Mods include Steeda underdrive pulley , JLT 3 series, Pypes headers with X pipe, pypes muffler delete, roush 20x9.5, FRPP Lower control arms , Automatic built tranny, Lito tune, Roush Stage 2 suspension, Yukon 3.73 gears , FRPP posi, edlebroch water pump, mishmoto 160 thermostat, aluminum radiator.

I recently bought the DSS one price aluminum drive shaft. Shop put it on and they reported no problems. The same day they installed my new BMR rear non adjustable lowers as well as a BMR Upper non adjustable with the relocation bracket.

Following that they took it for a drive and stated “your rear end sounds like it going to fall apart” “death shake”

Curious…. Is it the pinion angle? That would be my first guess needing an adjustable upper (ordered) but why wouldn’t they’re experience this death shake with the stock lowers and uppers on? Glenn from BMR seems to think the stock hardware “absorbed it” but my shop seems to think that’s BS.

I spoke with a true s197 shop and he thinks it’s the pinion angle as well and advised an adjustable upper… is this correct thinking?
All I can say is if there were no prior related suspension issues regarding the pinion angle with the stock suspension still in place, I would then suspect the aftermarket lowering suspension parts as the culprit... Otherwise, you have either a defect in the one-piece driveshaft, BMR non-adjustable rear control arms, BMR non-adjustable upper control arm or relocation brackets... If there are no part defects suspected, but your pinion angle is off? then it's more than likely you'll require an adjustable upper control arm in order to get your pinion angle back to within OEM specs.
Old 2/12/24, 09:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
All I can say is if there were no prior related suspension issues regarding the pinion angle with the stock suspension still in place, I would then suspect the aftermarket lowering suspension parts as the culprit... Otherwise, you have either a defect in the one-piece driveshaft, BMR non-adjustable rear control arms, BMR non-adjustable upper control arm or relocation brackets... If there are no part defects suspected, but your pinion angle is off? then it's more than likely you'll require an adjustable upper control arm in order to get your pinion angle back to within OEM specs.
All true. And it shouldn't be a problem at all for a reputable shop to check pinion angle, not much diagnosis required.
Old 2/12/24, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
All true. And it shouldn't be a problem at all for a reputable shop to check pinion angle, not much diagnosis required.
Exactly 110% spot on.
Old 2/12/24, 10:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Exactly 110% spot on.
Protractor, digital angle finder, whatever, put it on the driveshaft at the yoke and see what it is.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (2/13/24)
Old 2/13/24, 06:25 PM

@buccaneerstang Hopefully all above responses are getting your undivided attention?