Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Creaking Noise from Rear Suspension on Passenger-Side

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/12, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Creaking Noise from Rear Suspension on Passenger-Side

...my 2007 Mustang GT with 75K miles has started making a creaking noise in the rear suspension (sounds like the passenger-side) when accelerating, it's most noticeable from a dead stop and the only way it won't make the noise is if I accelerate extremely slow (eliminating weight transfer), the exhaust and suspension are STOCK on my car too. I did notice the E-brake cable was rubbing on the lower control arm (wrapped it), so that rules out one possible cause of the noise, it seems awfully early for the bushings or shocks to be bad. Any ideas...
Old 7/18/12, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you recreate it by pushing down on it?
Old 7/19/12, 10:23 AM

No....the only noise it makes when I push down on the rear end is a slight squeaking noise, it will only creak at take-off during weight transfer.
Old 7/19/12, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ctmonline
No....the only noise it makes when I push down on the rear end is a slight squeaking noise, it will only creak at take-off during weight transfer.
I have the same exact noise on my car. I haven't had time to track it down yet though.
Old 7/29/12, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

disassemble the shocks and check the rubbers there and the spring ones, etc, sometimes happens they screw up :/
Old 7/29/12, 03:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
on my 06 when new, the lower spring pad wasnt seated under the spring, it was pinched under the coil...if its not in there right the metal to metal contact will make noise.

double check your lugnuts too... remember when i was just a kid, my moms old ford made a duck-quack sound at acceleration, she had my grandpa look at it and he found the rear lugs werent tight...after he took off in a cloud of tire smoke he liked that old 429-4v motor...many years later it became my first car, i wrecked it right away, but still have the motor several decades later...
Old 8/15/12, 04:23 PM

Problem Fixed....installed Ford Motorsport Rear Lower Control Arms today and noise and handling problems are gone!!! I should have done this a long time ago, no more squat or wheel-hop either, stil lhard to believe that the factory LCA bushings only lasted 75K miles.
Old 8/22/12, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine just started squeaking on the pass side at about 85K. Going to get some J&M I think.
Old 10/3/12, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

The JM control arms are pretty sweet. Not a huge difference. (I think because I am running springs and shocks) But the car seems to lay down rubber more. Actually seems easier to spin but the rear kind of digs in. Almost like the tires are now the weak point on traction.
Old 10/9/12, 07:17 PM
GT Member

I had the same thing. Installed J&M extreme joints and it was gone.