Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

any trick for replacing Pass side O2 sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/13, 10:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any trick for replacing Pass side O2 sensor?

Car failed emissions and it was the front O2 sensors were not reading at all.
I have a Bamachip racing tune in and Kooks LT's with and X pipe.
I was able to change the drivers side with no problems, got the passenger side undone but could not reach the plug to undo it let alone try to plug it back in.
Has anyone done this yet and what was the trick?
Old 7/21/13, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I can't remember how I did mine. Are you sure they are not turned off in your tune?? if your not sure call them and ask
Old 7/23/13, 05:41 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you ever passed the Inspection WITH the tune? If this is the first time you have tried with the tune you are going the wrong way with it. I have the Brenspeed tunes, and I must revert back to my stock tune, put my regular airbox on it and drive it for 50 miles before I get my inspection. Yes the tunes turn off some sensors. You may be trying to replace working parts.
Old 7/24/13, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dougxox,

Are you sure it's the front O2 sensors and not the rear O2 sensors? Your Mustang wouldn't run very well if the front O2's weren't functioning, plus you definitely would be throwing a check engine light.

However, if you have a Kooks catless or high-flow catted Xpipe and a Bama tune, then your rear O2 sensors are turned off. The rear O2 sensors are strictly used for measuring catalytic converter efficiency. They won't affect the performance of the vehicle if turned off, but are needed for emissions testing.

The Bama Team can turn the rear O2 sensors back on for you, but even with Kooks high-flow cats, the car will most likely fail the catalytic converter efficiency test. This is because the high-flow cats never quite get hot enough to pass the OBDII tests, since they're flowing so much exhaust.

I hope this helps clear a few things up for you. Please let me know if you have more questions!

Shane