Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2005 Mustang GT, minor engine knocking

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/13, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mustang GT, minor engine knocking

Hello Everyone
I have a 2005 Mustang GT that I ordered in October 2004 and picked it up in December. Build date was December 14 2004.

The car has around 85,000 miles on the odometer.

Over the last few days I have noticed a few problems that I wanted to see if anyone here has experienced with their Mustangs.

1) minor knocking sound in the engine when the car is at load.
2) intermittiant problem where the car sometime hesitates and made a strange noise, usually when pulling out from a stop or speeding up on the freeway. This only lasts for a few seconds then the car runs normal.
3) this is related to the second problem, while driving home from work early Wednesday morning the hesitation and strange noise started then the check engine light flashed several times then turned off, then the car started running normal.

I have a mechanic in the family so I took the car to his shop and he checked for codes in the computer from the check engine light and nothing was found.

Since I have an extended warranty on the car he suggested that I take the car to the dealer to have them check out the car and make needed repairs.

I plan on taking the car to the dealer next week when I have a few days off.

I thought I would come here and see if anyone has had the same or similer problems and what was wrong with the car.

Thanks
Old 1/3/14, 10:45 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had the same exact problem..one of the ignition coils went bad. If you haven't had it checked yet, have them test all of them.