Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

05/06 Shaker solution for skipping

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/08, 11:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
05/06 Shaker solution for skipping

Hey guys, new to the site and I'm sure somebody already posted this solution, but if not here it is for the homemade CD skipping issue. (Kept reading about the same problem with no solution, so I thought I'd help)

For starters, I use Window Media player on a windows vista operating system to burn MP3 CD's.

In the burn option dropdown, select the "data option" instead of the audio CD option. That's it!!!!!!!!!!

No more skipping and you can burn dozens, if not hundreds of songs on 1 CD, depending on the bit rate you select. I also choose medium for the burn speed, volume leveling checked, use media info to create folders un-checked, and 160 Kbps quality.

Also, the shaker will only recognize MP3 files, NO WMA or anything else!!! If you need to convert WMA's to MP3's, google "convert WMA to MP3" and there are a few website's that offer free trial download programs that convert this stuff to MP3.

Convert it to MP3, burn it, and your done. I got about 600 songs on 6 CD's (who needs an IPOD?) and haven't had any issues at all.

I just wasn't ready to tear apart my unscratched dash and console to install an aux-plug adapter that will eventually burn out and spending a hundred or two on a new CD player wasn't going to happen either. Would rather spend my cash on go-fast parts, even if my home-made audio CD's were skipping.

Funny they didn't skip on the leased Audi I just gave back and replaced with this Mustang GT (Hell yea). I guess the Audi had a better head unit, but that car never made me smile as much as this Mustang. I was up all night trying to burn a CD that didn't skip, until I checked the data CD option. Success!!!!!
Old 11/4/08, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fingers crossed: I have not experienced this problem burning discs through iTunes.
Old 11/19/08, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Some folks have also had problems with CD's (including data CD's) burned at the fastest burning speed on their particular system. Slow down the burn speed (something like 16x or 24x) and it seems to make a difference.