Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

Tubular K Member Issue**HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/08 | 06:16 PM
GT Member

Tubular K Member Issue**HELP NEEDED

I'm calling on the club to see if anyone has experience with FOX body cars and tubular K members. My car is currently in the shop and it just had an AJE Racing tubular K member installed. Install went fairly smooth. The problem is the alignment, only on the passenger side! I only get about 30 degrees left turning radius and the strut hits the brake hose bracket. K member is square in the car. All involved can not figure it out. Mechanic, myself, AJE, Maximum Motorsport, H&R Spring... all are stumped!

It kills me to ask this....HELP!
Old 11/13/08 | 07:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Is the rest of the car square? Will AJE consider swapping it out for another one since they cannot figure it out? Will they refund?

Here's a post on The Corral that is an interesting read...
http://forums.corral.net/forums/show...ember+problems
Old 11/14/08 | 06:54 AM
Service Manager

Keep in mind that the thread linked on the corral is from 2002 which is over 6 YEARS ago.

I've installed a half dozen AJE K-members and even run one in my own SVO and have had NO problems with them at all. I even got one for a local customer to put a Chevy into a '94 Mustang and his son was drunk one night and put the car into a ditch...bent the LH spindle and I would have sworn from the damage on the car that the K member would have had damage but it survived without ANY damage at all and is still in the car today with no issues.

I can't speak about experience 6 years ago but over the past 3 1/2 years that I've dealt with AJE I have had no problems with any of their products.

Ackman70...as far as your issues was ANYTHING else changed during the installation or did you just swap the K member only?
Old 11/14/08 | 03:43 PM
GT Member

Four items were changed:
-AJE K member
-Baer brake kit
-Bilstein struts
-H&R springs

I really think my only option for piece of mind is get it on a frame machine. Although everyway we measure the car manually it comes out square.
As far as AJE goes I saw the issues they used to have. In fact speaking to Jim at AJE he admits there were issues. A lot of them were due to Fords poor tolerances of the unibody. That was as Paul stated years ago. I felt like I did my homework on this purchase but I'm starting to wonder...

Last edited by Ackman70; 11/14/08 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11/14/08 | 04:03 PM
Service Manager

It's really difficult to try to figure this out from a distance but there has got to be a reason....do you have any pictures from the front of the car showing the strut, spindle, etc....?