Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

For Sale, 2005 GT - great price!

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/10, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Sale, 2005 GT - great price!

Listing for a friend of mine:

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe

Vin # 1ZVFT82H655234511
Click here for carfax report (Oct '09).
Click here for Autocheck report (Apr '10).
I have a 60 day Autocheck membership, so I can run a current report for you if necessary.

Selling because we have a baby on the way and bought a '08 Ford Escape Hybrid to replace this.

59,050 mi (still being driven, so will be slightly higher), 5 Speed Manual, 4.6 Liter V8, RWD

Exterior Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Interior: Black Leather
Rare color (only made on this body style in 2005)

Currently under Genuine Ford Extended Warranty (ExtraCARE plan with $0 deductible) until 75,000 mi or 8/12/2011.
Warranty (covering 113 major components) is transferrable to new owner for an additional $300.
Given that the car is currently under warranty, rest assured there is NOTHING wrong with this car!

Completely stock

Features:
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
Shaker 500w AM/FM Stereo
Multi Compact Disc (5 cd)
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Power Seat
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

$14,950
Steve
(256) 513-9003

Old 4/13/10, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Too much coin for that car. Take at least $1000 off that price and you may get a bite.
Old 4/13/10, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
mgreene, Thats a clean '05 with low miles. What makes it rarer than other GT's is the fact that it's stock. kennyg
Old 4/13/10, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kennyg
mgreene, Thats a clean '05 with low miles. What makes it rarer than other GT's is the fact that it's stock. kennyg
You're right, kennyg, look how much more stock Fox Bodies bring these days versus modified ones.
Old 4/13/10, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

The problem with selling a used car these days is that everyone has access to internet sites that tell you exactly what the car is worth. Anyone can go to KBB and do the little exercise and come out with a price in just a couple of minutes. That car is not worth what your friend is asking for it. Go to KBB.com and figure it out. $13750 max for an 05 with that mileage in good condition. Better sell it before the 5.0L hits the streets.
Old 4/13/10, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by woodj
The problem with selling a used car these days is that everyone has access to internet sites that tell you exactly what the car is worth. Anyone can go to KBB and do the little exercise and come out with a price in just a couple of minutes. That car is not worth what your friend is asking for it. Go to KBB.com and figure it out. $13750 max for an 05 with that mileage in good condition. Better sell it before the 5.0L hits the streets.
Thanks Mike, for passing this on for me; I appreciate your help.

If anyone would like more pics and better resolution pictures, you can see them by clicking here.

Woodj:
I can only hope that people that use internet sites to determine car values can do so correctly. KBB.com has the following values for my car:
Retail = 17,460
PP Exc = 15,060
PP Good= 14,210
PP Fair= 13,110
TradeEx= 12,700
TradeGd= 11,950
TradeFr= 10,700

Click here for a link to the KBB Private Party Value, or
here for a link to the KBB Retail Value.

Private party value is the correct one to use, and requires mileage and options to be entered. By reading the condition statement, you will see that a vehicle in top condition with service records and no reconditioning necessary (as well as other factors) is in that top 5%. You won't normally find a private party vehicle covered with a $0 deductible warranty, or in this good of a condition, and if someone actually takes a look at the vehicle they will find it IS in the top 5% and should be considered Excellent condition with a value of $15,060 using KBB.com as you mentioned.

Yes, I know you traded in your '05 GT, and you probably got $13,750 for it from a dealer. That value is a trade in value because dealers have to recondition those traded vehicles and usually provide a warranty (among other things), at which point they become retail value, of which KBB states as $17,460.

I hope this helps you to understand how KBB.com works. As for the 5.0L, to each their own; the new vehicles usually are better than the ones they replace, and if someone has the money to buy one and wants it...congrats to them. I personally don't like the new style and despise the rubber body cladding, but as I said... to each their own.
Old 4/13/10, 01:55 PM
V6 Member

I doubt you'd get anyone to give you the price for what they call excellent condition but you never know. I see where getting all the options right you're up to $14210 as your PDF points out. The last thing I'm trying to do is **** someone off, I don't have any reason to do that. I'm just saying that in this market you've got to realize you may not get the price you think the cars worth. Good luck selling it.
Old 4/13/10, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I doubt you'd get anyone to give you the price for what they call excellent condition but you never know. I see where getting all the options right you're up to $14210 as your PDF points out. The last thing I'm trying to do is **** someone off, I don't have any reason to do that. I'm just saying that in this market you've got to realize you may not get the price you think the cars worth. Good luck selling it.

i kind of understand where woodj is coming from , just because the kbb value is 15k + does not mean that is what you will get for it, you do have to be realistic most people are looking for a deal. Unless you find someone who is looking for that exact car and willing to pay top dollar, you will need to be under the posted resale to sell it quick
Old 4/13/10, 03:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am trying to sell my 2009 mustang gt with 10k miles. I would feel lucky to get $24,500

My car also has $2500 in extras
Old 4/13/10, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Wish I were in the market right now! It is hard to find a stock one. One that hasn't been butchered or ridden hard. If you find one that is modified usually all of the stock parts have been disposed of. I got lucky when I got my '00 and got all of the stock parts with it. It is funny to see some people spend a lot of money modifying one only to get the stock price when they sell the car then try to recover by selling what parts they have left if any.
Old 4/13/10, 06:17 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
people really don't mod cars for the resale tho. they mod them for the time they own the car.
Old 4/13/10, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is what makes it worth the money! G/L with the sale ~

Exterior Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Interior: Black Leather
Rare color (only made on this body style in 2005)
Old 4/13/10, 10:39 PM

I moved back to N. Alabama in August and I've bought 3 vehicles in the past 6 months - each time I've searched for over 30 days and up to 250 miles just to find one that is in decent condition with a clear title and for KBB retail or under. Yes, you can find one that is cheaper, and if you run a carfax you'll probably find that it has a washed title or a previous wreck... or it's just plain a POS. I had a huge selection of any car I wanted and at great prices when I lived in LA, but even in Atlanta I can't find that around here. Everyone here thinks their car is worth over KBB retail, including this exact same car (color and all) with ~48k miles for ~$19k at the local Volkswagon dealer two months ago.

I've done the modding thing too, spending over 2 years of research and $9k in extensive mods only to find out ultimately I like stock cars better. I would much rather have one like this, but again, to each their own.

I'm not here to talk price, the simple fact is that the buyer and the seller are the only ones that can determine the price of a vehicle. My price is fair and isn't going to change for anyone that just wants to make up a price out of thin air.

End result, and my last post here:
If you want this style of mustang go ahead and shop around... see what is available in the market (instead of blindly mis-quoting KBB) and then come take a look at mine. The car will speak for itself. Call me if you're a serious buyer, I probably won't see replies here.

Take care guys, and thanks for the positive comments.

Last edited by KillerNSX; 4/13/10 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Missed bold end quote. 4/13/10
Old 4/14/10, 05:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Good luck on the sale. I had to pull teeth for three months to sell my loaded Mineral GT Vert... for 15,500 in the end with 42,000 miles.

Last edited by codeman94; 4/14/10 at 07:21 AM.
Old 4/14/10, 05:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Too much coin for that car. Take at least $1000 off that price and you may get a bite.
Hey newbie, read the rules:

For Buyers:
No Price Flaming, if you think the price is out of line, send the poster a polite PM.
Old 4/14/10, 07:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
Hey newbie, read the rules:

For Buyers:
No Price Flaming, if you think the price is out of line, send the poster a polite PM.
I wasn't flaming anyone.
Old 4/14/10, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

I was going to call about this car until I saw woodj's post.
Old 4/17/10, 07:59 PM
GT Member

I sold a 2006 Pony Package V6 in January that had 26000 miles for 14750, and felt I did well. That was over 1700.00 more than I owed on it, so I came out to the good. That Mustang may bring that; who am I to say no. As the old saying goes, there's an *** for every seat.
Old 4/17/10, 08:24 PM
V6 Member

Throw it on Craigslist! Honestly, your price for a clean car seems like a good value.

Keep in mind, convertibles are not for everyone so sometimes they may go for more but sometimes they're harder to sell. If you don't want a convertible, the price doesn't matter. I love the coupe version so it was the only car I looked for. Warm weather always brings a bit more $$$ also!
Old 4/17/10, 10:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttillub
Throw it on Craigslist! Honestly, your price for a clean car seems like a good value.
I've seen this one on craigslist, another forum, and ebay.

Quick Reply: For Sale, 2005 GT - great price!