Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/11, 05:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)

This is a 2011 2SS/RS Red Jewel w/ Neutral interior. It is an automatic so 400 HP (L99 motor). Camaro SS's with a stick have 426 HP (LS3 motor). Anyway she's pretty and I like her.
Attached Thumbnails New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)-med1.jpg   New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)-med2.jpg   New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)-med3.jpg   New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)-med4.jpg  
Old 4/2/11, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Is this yours? Very nice.
Old 4/2/11, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay... and...
Old 4/2/11, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like the color! I still have issues with the interior design although the seats look comfortable and the rims are very nice . I can't stand the tail lights UGH!... I would have preferred the round ones like on the '70... Other than that I like it!
Old 4/2/11, 11:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice, have not seen one.
Old 4/3/11, 06:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sychobaby
Is this yours? Very nice.
Yes it's mine.
Old 4/3/11, 06:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Okay... and...
Okay and what?
Old 4/4/11, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by woodj
Okay and what?
Okay and... is it yours or someone else's that you admire. Did you buy it or are you just looking?
I like Camaros and I think it looks really nice. I see by your answer above that it's yours so congrats!
Old 4/4/11, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did a good job with the convertible roof. It doesn't have that "aftermarket" conv. look like some of them get.
Old 4/4/11, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
Okay and... is it yours or someone else's that you admire. Did you buy it or are you just looking?
I like Camaros and I think it looks really nice. I see by your answer above that it's yours so congrats!
Well thanks. Not too many Mustang enthusiasts like Camaros.

Originally Posted by 69CaliStang
I like the color! I still have issues with the interior design although the seats look comfortable and the rims are very nice . I can't stand the tail lights UGH!... I would have preferred the round ones like on the '70... Other than that I like it!
The interior on the Camaro has its pluses and minuses. I like the two tone seats but I'm not a big fan of the dash although the top of the line 2SS/RS (which this is) is a little better. The new Mustangs (my Roush as an example) has a better dash as long as you have the premium package. The seats on the Mustang are not quite as nice.

I actually prefer the tail lights on the Camaro over the new Mustangs. But I'm not a car designer so I don't get to make those decisions. I try to park the Roush where I can see the front and not the rear.

Overall since this is my 2nd new Camaro (I traded in a black 2011 V6 for the SS) and I've owned 3 new gen Mustangs (05 GT, 08 Bullitt, 2010 Roush) I feel qualified to comment on the build quality between the two. I think that Ford is doing a better job overall although there are always things the other guy does a little better.

Last edited by woodj; 4/4/11 at 07:48 AM.
Old 4/4/11, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ronin38
They did a good job with the convertible roof. It doesn't have that "aftermarket" conv. look like some of them get.
They did a lousy job with the toneau cover though.
Old 4/4/11, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Sorry to hear that. I can't really see the cover that well in the pics. Is it too loose? I know one or two people that have had tonneau's repaired or made custom by a seamstress that came out very nice.
Old 4/4/11, 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
This is a 2011 2SS/RS Red Jewel w/ Neutral interior. It is an automatic so 400 HP (L99 motor). Camaro SS's with a stick have 426 HP (LS3 motor). Anyway she's pretty and I like her.
Nice Vert Jim. Let the hair fly.
Old 4/4/11, 11:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well thanks. Not too many Mustang enthusiasts like Camaros.
You could be right. I like all muscle cars...

The interior on the Camaro has its pluses and minuses. I like the two tone seats but I'm not a big fan of the dash although the top of the line 2SS/RS (which this is) is a little better. The new Mustangs (my Roush as an example) has a better dash as long as you have the premium package. The seats on the Mustang are not quite as nice.
Yes I like the two tone as well... I have the Black/Drove interior in my GT/CS. I do like the color of your vert's interior they have improved it a bit from the first year. Aren't they suppose to redo the interior next year?

I actually prefer the tail lights on the Camaro over the new Mustangs. But I'm not a car designer so I don't get to make those decisions. I try to park the Roush where I can see the front and not the rear.
LOL... I am not a fan of either but in certain colors they do look good. I am just a fan of the '70's tail section.

Overall since this is my 2nd new Camaro (I traded in a black 2011 V6 for the SS) and I've owned 3 new gen Mustangs (05 GT, 08 Bullitt, 2010 Roush) I feel qualified to comment on the build quality between the two. I think that Ford is doing a better job overall although there are always things the other guy does a little better.
Agreed... Enjoy and congrats!
Old 4/4/11, 11:08 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ronin38
^ Sorry to hear that. I can't really see the cover that well in the pics. Is it too loose? I know one or two people that have had tonneau's repaired or made custom by a seamstress that came out very nice.
This is not a good story. The cover is held on by two pins that are installed on the back of the rear seats. I asked the salesman how the cover was put on and he said it just tucked in. I asked what the clips were for and he said "I don't know". I was driving down the street Sunday while it was real windy and the toneau cover left the car. It landed in the street and I retrieved it. Not a lot of damage but some. After investigating on-line in the forums I found a thread with instructions on how to install the pins in the car. This should have been done by the dealer during pre delivery. It took me 15 minutes to get them in (had to remove a couple of panels). Anyway, this shouldn't have happened.
Old 4/4/11, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 69CaliStang
Yes I like the two tone as well... I have the Black/Drove interior in my GT/CS. I do like the color of your vert's interior they have improved it a bit from the first year. Aren't they suppose to redo the interior next year?
Just the new ZL1. It's going to get some kind of treatment. Along with 550 HP.
Old 4/4/11, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to see out of a camaro, a convertible is your only option. (:
Old 4/4/11, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
If you want to see out of a camaro, a convertible is your only option. (:
True, I thought the new Mustang was bad but the Camaro is worse.
Old 4/4/11, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just the new ZL1. It's going to get some kind of treatment. Along with 550 HP.
Well with 550 hp I really wouldn't care what the interior looks like!
Old 4/4/11, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! I like the exterior but still can't get past the interior.

Wanna race? LOL

Quick Reply: New Convertible (Camaro Haters Avoid)