Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

JDRF 2nd Annual Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/12, 10:46 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
JDRF 2nd Annual Car Show

June 23rd at Discovery Middle School
1-7pm
$20 registration for cars and trucks
$15 for bikes
$10 for non judging

Proceeds go to JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. This show I helped with last year and I will be doing so again this year. Last year only Lisa and I were the only club memebers in attendance, I would like to see more this year.

Color flyer is attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JDRF_Flyer_2012-v2.pdf (479.1 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by BA Mustang; 5/14/12 at 12:32 PM.
Old 4/20/12, 07:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know my schedule that far in advcance, but if I can, I'll be there.
Old 4/21/12, 11:10 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Sounds good, I think last year we raised about $1500 for the JDRF foundation.
Old 5/13/12, 06:51 PM
GT Member

Classes and more information here:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2012-6-23&c=1
Old 5/13/12, 07:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Those classes aren't definite, I am working on getting them changed.
Old 5/13/12, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
Those classes aren't definite, I am working on getting them changed.
The revised flyer had them on it.
Old 5/13/12, 09:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

The flyer will be revised again and have the classes taken off. I made sure to mention it to them yesterday when I talked to them at the RCMC show.
Old 5/13/12, 11:25 PM
GT Member

Why would you not want the classes on the flyer? They seem pretty alright to me.
Old 5/14/12, 12:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holly Smokes this is awesome to see. I did some volunteer work with these guys last year(Type I for 30 years in June) and I was very impressed for what they stood for and are about. Hope this turns out really well and I would head to it if I were local. Good luck!!!
Old 5/14/12, 06:51 AM
Cobra R Member

May have to miss this one. The middle one is getting married and I am not too sure that she would be happy if I went to the car show.
Old 5/14/12, 07:39 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Samir
Why would you not want the classes on the flyer? They seem pretty alright to me.
I just don't want people expecting a certain class to be there. Plus I feel like it might draw in more people since they actually have to come to get the classes. Because I know I usually look at the classes of the car shows and if I didn't see one I could enter in or saw a good one in general I wouldn't go.

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Holly Smokes this is awesome to see. I did some volunteer work with these guys last year(Type I for 30 years in June) and I was very impressed for what they stood for and are about. Hope this turns out really well and I would head to it if I were local. Good luck!!!
Last year we had about 46+ cars for our first show, we definitely have learned some things from that show as well.

Originally Posted by Puter
May have to miss this one. The middle one is getting married and I am not too sure that she would be happy if I went to the car show.
I skipped my cousins wedding to go to one, but thats different than having one of your own getting married.
Old 5/14/12, 08:11 AM
GT Member

I just don't want people expecting a certain class to be there. Plus I feel like it might draw in more people since they actually have to come to get the classes. Because I know I usually look at the classes of the car shows and if I didn't see one I could enter in or saw a good one in general I wouldn't go.
I don't think anyone will expect a certain class unless it's a multi-year event with well-established classes.

I think I'd be more upset to travel all the way to a show just to find out they don't have the classes I want. Listing more information about an event has always been a good thing imo.
Old 5/14/12, 12:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I wouldn't call them well established classes, I didn't like the setup.

If I was in charge of them I would change them all.

Best in Show Car
Best in Show Truck
Best in Show Motorcycle
Domestic Cars
Pre 1972 Trucks
Post 1972 Trucks
Muscle Cars(pre 1972)
Import Cars
Domestic Bikes
Import Bikes
Kids Choice
Peoples Choice

That is all you need, I thought we were going to change them up this year but I was told we weren't. So this year I am not judging, will only be doing parking and entering in judging info.

Last edited by BA Mustang; 5/14/12 at 12:37 PM.
Old 5/14/12, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

I skipped my cousins wedding to go to one, but thats different than having one of your own getting married.
Yeah, I thought about asking her if I could bow out of the wedding to go to a car show. Is this a good idea?
Old 5/14/12, 12:38 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I would skip the car show
Old 5/14/12, 12:54 PM
GT Member

I wouldn't call them well established classes, I didn't like the setup.

If I was in charge of them I would change them all.

Best in Show Car
Best in Show Truck
Best in Show Motorcycle
Domestic Cars
Pre 1972 Trucks
Post 1972 Trucks
Muscle Cars(pre 1972)
Import Cars
Domestic Bikes
Import Bikes
Kids Choice
Peoples Choice

That is all you need, I thought we were going to change them up this year but I was told we weren't. So this year I am not judging, will only be doing parking and entering in judging info.
After re-reading my post, well-established classes didn't say what I was trying to say, which was that if a show was multi-year and established, people would expect the same classes.

I like your classing as well as theirs, but the problem with any type of classing is that it makes people upset. Their general classing of just items of a car--wheels, interior, etc--seems to work well to keep people happy and make judging easier.
Originally Posted by Puter
Yeah, I thought about asking her if I could bow out of the wedding to go to a car show. Is this a good idea?
Once I have the event coverage up from last year, feel free to judge it for yourself.
I would skip the car show
It's not about the show, but the cause. There's always another show on any given weekend.
Old 5/14/12, 01:15 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

This year we are also chaning it to where there are no repeat winners, unless you win a catagory and then best in show.

The one class I want changed is the exterior class, I feel like it would be easier to include best paint and best wheels in that catagory this year and replace those 2 with different ones. Such as maybe JDRF choice and I heard they are trying to get the Mayor out there so maybe even a Mayors choice.

Last edited by BA Mustang; 5/14/12 at 01:18 PM.
Old 5/14/12, 06:24 PM
GT Member

This year we are also chaning it to where there are no repeat winners, unless you win a catagory and then best in show.

The one class I want changed is the exterior class, I feel like it would be easier to include best paint and best wheels in that catagory this year and replace those 2 with different ones. Such as maybe JDRF choice and I heard they are trying to get the Mayor out there so maybe even a Mayors choice.
That's always a good thing. The first Rocket City Camaro Club show had too many trophys to the same car, even though it was a brilliant car.

Yeah, but then judging would have to combine wheels and paint, which can be hard to compare if one has awesome wheels and so-so paint vs awesome paint and so-so wheels. But I link the JDRF/Mayor's choice idea.
Old 5/14/12, 06:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yeah but the main thing I was thinking is you are looking at the car as a whole. Making sure that the wheels and paint flow well together and nothing sticks out odd. This isn't set is stone yet either, so we will see soon.
Old 5/15/12, 07:24 AM
GT Member

That's a good point too. I found this harder to judge than just piecemealing it though.

Quick Reply: JDRF 2nd Annual Car Show