Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of The Mustang Club of America

FS: 84 Capri RS Turbo, 84 Mustang GT Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/08, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 84 Capri RS Turbo, 84 Mustang GT Turbo.

I have been thinking about selling the Turbo Twins for awhile but never jumped off the cliff. Well recent developments have helped me make my decision. I am pricing them to sell quickly. So here goes, first the Capri.

For Sale: 1984 Mercury Capri RS Turbo 1 of 1321 made in 84. Bought from Kendal. Clean title. Charcoal with red interior, LX style seats, AC “delete”, no stereo currently. The car does not run. It is mostly complete, the major things that are missing is driver side fender extension and the 3 bar grill. This is the one that is part of the 3 piece front air dam. I am not sure if the car has the original engine or not. It has a TC valve cover on it. The floors have some rust but it is not horrible. Driver side rear quarter panel has rusted through in one spot about ¼ inch x 3 inches. The air dam is good except for a 3 inch rip. The bubble hatch glass is good, but the hatch lip is rusted on the underside. The passenger side panel behind the door was kicked in. The front bumper cover is missing one of the places where it would bolt to the frame. There is a small dent in one of the doors, but that one could be popped out pretty easy. Small rip in rear bumper cover, about ½ inch long. The core support needs to be replaced. It was bent by whoever towed the car. The whole car was rattle can painted by the owner previous to me and Kendal. The interior is mostly dirty, but there are a few broken pieces. The console is cracked and missing the arm rest pad. No dash pad. The dash was cut for a radio, but not too bad. I have a really clean carpet set to go in the car. The door panels are straight but dirty. The car also has the correct horn pad, just needs to be cleaned. I have stripped the interior and any body part that was bolted on. Currently the car is sitting on 10 holes with junk tires that are holding air well. I have four nice Mercury 10 hole center caps that go with the car as well as an extra lower air dam that has two rips in it and a nice GS style front bumper cover with a GS style grill. I am looking to get $400 from it.

For Sale: 1984 Ford Mustang Turbo GT w/T-tops. No title. Does not run. No transmission. Someone tried to convert the car to carb. The lower intake is there, but the upper intake elbow and pipe that leads to the turbo are missing. I know less about the shape of this car since I have done zero to it besides move it. The driver floorboard is shot, but the passenger looks solid. The hatch window is shattered but I have a hatch a good window and nice 3 piece rear spoiler that will go with the car. Car is sitting on 10 holes with no center caps. The interior looks to be complete but very dirty. The car is very rough and needs some serious work. IMO it needs new doors, front fenders and front bumper cover. The car is a slapper bar car, and has no fog lamps. The build date is 12/83. If I can’t get $200 out of the car I will keep it.

I will post pics when I get home tonight. If you want pics sooner than that, or of a certain area send me an email at Michael.j.long@hotmail.com Taft, TN is located in southern TN, 30 minutes from Huntsville, AL. I cannot transport the cars but I may be able to help someone who wants to have them brought to them.
Old 9/24/08, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I am interested some of the Turbo Stang parts:

Sail Panels
Hood
Rear Spoiler

I'll give you $200 for just those parts if they are in good shape.. I just have no place for another car. I am trying to fix the ones I have..

let me know and I will schedule a time to come over.

Last edited by KEEP; 9/24/08 at 01:37 PM.
Old 9/24/08, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Capri Pics, Keep in mind that the two full car pics are older. The rear seats are currently out of the car.

Old 9/24/08, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Mustang Pics:

Old 9/26/08, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

TTT. Going to the vultures on Ebay and CL next week. I would rather they go to someone here. I need the garage space.
Old 10/4/08, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Bump it up.