2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Thought you all might enjoy this......

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/08, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought you all might enjoy this......

So, to stay on the technical side, I am technically looking at the 08 Bullitts for a possible addition to the stable...For the little lady....
Anyway, I have been contacting dealers via E Mail about existing inventory, etc....
I had to share this last exchange I had with one of the local dealers.......I almost fell over on this one....

Please don't view my comments as derogatory or degrading about the Bullitt. Obviously I am looking for one, and I was a bit pissed....

Here is the original canned response from last night.....

Dear Osborn,

This is a one-time confirmation of your request for a price quote
for a 2008 Ford Mustang.

To check for local incentives, please call 714*******.

Within 24 hours, a representative from **** Ford
will contact you with availability and pricing for your vehicle.
Be sure to print out this email and bring it with you when you visit your dealer.

Here is the live person response I got today.....

Michael,
We do still have the Bullit.
You have no doubt seen the MSRP, which is $32705. Since it is a specialty car, it has a Dealer Mark-Up of $10,000. Obviously in this market that number is negotiable.
If you are serious about buying one, make me an offer and I''ll see what I can do.
I look forward to serving you.

Here is my response this evening to the above...(I really had a bad day....)

Steve,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Yes, I am well aware of the MSRP on the Bullitt. Being a specialty car is laughable, in that it is nothing more than a GT Mustang with a 3000 dollar bullitt package from the factory. I am not Mustang ignorant, by any means. As such, I am aware that at this point in time, there were to be only 7700 bullits made, and only in 2008. But, because the factory only made 5500, the other 2200 will be manufactured as 2009 models. But they will not have the 45th anniversary badges. So much for specialty cars....

I shutter to think what kind of dealer mark up you are looking for on a GT500, but regardless, no, there will be no dealer mark up paid by me for a bullitt....I have a firm offer to purchase one from your competition, for 30,750 dollars, which is about 750 over invoice. No dealer mark up. The only issue I am having with that dealer, is that they refuse to acknowledge that there is currently a 1000 rebate on Mustangs.....

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards,

Mike Osborn

And, the response........

Hi There,
This just in- the boss said he would Take $750 over invoice on one of ours. Our invoice though is $30365, so there may be something on it that yours doesn''t have. In fact, if you''ll do it today, I''ll take $500 over our invoice. MSRP is what they are TRYING to get.
About the rebate though, there is NO rebate on a Bullit. I just looked it up. So whoever it is is being straight with you about that. The rebate is only on the V6 or GT''s.
My cell # is **********. CALL ME and let''s get it on.
Thanks,

Hope someone else needed a good laugh this evening.....

Mike
Old 6/22/08, 08:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goes to show that doing your homework can save you a few bucks
Old 6/22/08, 08:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
There is a very small market for V8s at the moment. F150s, Mustangs, and other vehicles, they are just not selling. Dealers are offering peanuts for trades with V8s. My wife is looking to trade her '06 GT vert and she is being offered $2 - 3K below the trade in value average. It is a buyer's market as long as there is no trade with a V8.
Old 6/22/08, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Get the best deal you can.

You'll want to keep the Bullitt for yourself and give your wife the current car.
Old 6/23/08, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
Get the best deal you can.

You'll want to keep the Bullitt for yourself and give your wife the current car.

Oh yea....that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl.......
Old 6/23/08, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Very good! An educated consumer triumphs yet again!
To be honest, I really don't see the attraction of the Bullitt anyway. Hope the greedy bastards choke on their inventory.
Old 6/23/08, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Got Oatz
Oh yea....that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl.......
So she already knows the the Bullitt and it's upgrades. Oh well.
Old 6/23/08, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Katshot
Very good! An educated consumer triumphs yet again!
To be honest, I really don't see the attraction of the Bullitt anyway. Hope the greedy bastards choke on their inventory.
At least that dealer changed it's tune fast. Many others never do.
Old 6/23/08, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Got Oatz

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Yes, I am well aware of the MSRP on the Bullitt. Being a specialty car is laughable, in that it is nothing more than a GT Mustang with a 3000 dollar bullitt package from the factory. ..

Maybe you can get a deal on a GT500 with that line "in that it is nothing more than a GT Mustang with a 17000 dollar GT500 package from the factory"
Old 6/23/08, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe you can get a deal on a GT500 with that line "in that it is nothing more than a GT Mustang with a 17000 dollar GT500 package from the factory"

I LIKE that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/23/08, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
sounds like they want to deal....... what are you going to do?
Old 6/23/08, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
sounds like they want to deal....... what are you going to do?
Ya know Glenn, I just don't know yet....

I know you can relate to this, but the little lady REALLY wants a Legend Lime GT. So, we may revert back to plan A, and look for a sweet 05 or 06. They are not exactly flying off the lot...
Old 6/23/08, 10:51 PM

some helpful info. in april i was able to get a bullitt for 28600 that was Xplan and the 2000 rebate from ford.
the ford rebate includes bullitts dont let them bullitt**** you !!!! but i did have to go to 4 dealers and 2 of them where the same place shults ford.... the smaller of the two wouldnt deal but the Main dealership had 3 bullitts and sold me one with all the discounts! oh yeah my sticker was 34,000 even.
Old 6/23/08, 11:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt#3949
some helpful info. in april i was able to get a bullitt for 28600 that was Xplan and the 2000 rebate from ford.
the ford rebate includes bullitts dont let them bullitt**** you !!!! but i did have to go to 4 dealers and 2 of them where the same place shults ford.... the smaller of the two wouldnt deal but the Main dealership had 3 bullitts and sold me one with all the discounts! oh yeah my sticker was 34,000 even.
You are correct, then (start 1 April) it did include the Bullitt. Ford made a mistake though and about a week later closed out the Bullitt eligibility. You were very fortunate (and a few others) in the timing of your purchase.

Have you been to IMBOC yet?
Old 6/24/08, 03:01 PM

You are correct, then (start 1 April) it did include the Bullitt. Ford made a mistake though and about a week later closed out the Bullitt eligibility. You were very fortunate (and a few others) in the timing of your purchase.

Have you been to IMBOC yet?
Ya, I got them both. I guess I was fortunate. IMBOC im #3949
Old 6/24/08, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

Ya, I got them both. I guess I was fortunate. IMBOC im #3949
X-Plan still is a go but that incentive was sure nice. What a bargain!

see you on IMBOC
Old 6/25/08, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the ford rebate includes bullitts dont let them bullitt**** you !!!!
Well, the rebate is NOT on the Bullitt, as I just tried on the one I have in stock. NO GO! Ford hasn't changed anything recent. Hopefully after the holiday, when new programs come out, they will.
Old 6/28/08, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

So the Mrs. and I went down to Huntington Beach Ford today, to look at the 05 LL....Not good. Dead battery, etc. When Mr. Wonderful sales guy finally got her started, it had a strange whine I did not care for...scratch that one....(no not a blower....)

So, we went over and took a look at the Bullitts....Two Green Bullits on the floor...early build. Numbers 1679 and 1687....Good stuff...Took 1679 for a spin. First the Mrs. then me. We both absolutely loved it...OK, business time...Number 1679 had an MSRP of 32460....Red tag sale on the window...30990....But wait, number 1687, identical car, on the showroom floor, has a red tag on the window for.............28990....Now we are talking...They said I could have either for the 28990, and that is with no work....At this point, I am figuring how to fit the Bullitt in the driveway with the 05.....Everything is going fine...UNTIL....he looks up the value of our 2006 Loaded, 11000 mile Escape.....He throws me a quote of 11000....WTF.......I told him I took that as an insult, and he needed to at least pay of the residual of 14000....He would not even bat an eye......Said nope....
So we said see ya.....got lots of time.....

The good news in all this, is the 28990 with no rebates, no x plan, no work......I thought it was an excellent starting point.........

So the search continues.....
Old 7/3/08, 12:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Definetly. and keep shopping!

We got our 08 HGB for $30650 OTD after rebates
Old 7/3/08, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Well, the rebate is NOT on the Bullitt, as I just tried on the one I have in stock. NO GO! Ford hasn't changed anything recent. Hopefully after the holiday, when new programs come out, they will.
So Jeff, the current add running on TV here in So Cal now says a 1000 rebate for the next four days for the 4th of July, including Mustang. The only excluded models, according to the TV add, are GT500, and Escape Hybrid.....

Any way of confirming the inclusion of the Bullitt in the rebate program for the 4th of July weekend??

Thx,
Mike

Quick Reply: Thought you all might enjoy this......