The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2008-2009 BULLITT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/)
-   -   Spotted a Bullitt, Ran it light to light (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f735/spotted-bullitt-ran-light-light-465071/)

RCSignals 3/13/08 04:57 PM

Funny how that happens isn't it?

Of course nothing will de-throne the '08 Bullitt :D

newdy22 3/13/08 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94 (Post 5526045)
...maybe i just dont understand the GT/CS bashing from the bullit owners....you guys have a whole 15 more horsepower...congratulations.

Don't forget to subtract 50.1lbs of cosmetic add ons.

Spoiler, chin spoiler, side scoops, and what CS owner can resist the non functional hood scoop to go with an engine cover too? The 0.1 lbs is for the tape.

BTW- I saw a grabber orange GT/CS cruise down the road yesterday. It looked awesome. I didn't turn around to catch it. Maybe I should have since was driving my Taurus SHO. Perhaps my SHO could have given it a run for its money. :p

2k7gtcs 3/13/08 09:17 PM

OK, I get it, Bullitt owners love their cars, and they are indignate to Mustang owners who happen to have hood scoops, spoilers, and side scoops. We might as well be driving ricers, right. I am so sorry Ford added 50 lbs. to my passenger car because when I drive it to the hardware store I'll be able to do it that much quicker from light to light:rolleyes:.

Black GT500 3/13/08 09:34 PM

I'm buying new Mustangs as fast as I can...

I just can't keep up!

:lol:

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT (Post 5526752)
:hmm:

The 2001 Bullitt was labeled as the best handling and GT ever, replaced by the most exciting Mustang ever, the '03 - '04 Mach 1s, which were soon after detroned by the '03 / '04 Cobras, which were replaced by the best Mustang ever, the 2005 GT, which was replace by the '07 - '08 GT500, which are now replaced by the '08 Bullitt.

It seems Ford introduces the most, the best, and the ever, every single year with every single Mustang model. That's what I call improvement. I am so glad I didn't waste my money on a 2K Cobra R. :rolleyes:

:jester:

1 COBRA 3/14/08 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 5526969)
OK, I get it, Bullitt owners love their cars, and they are indignate to Mustang owners who happen to have hood scoops, spoilers, and side scoops....

There are exceptions.

2k7gtcs 3/14/08 08:27 AM

Yeah George I know you're an exception. I really like what you are doing to your Bullitt. Love the louvers and side scoops. I think you'll have the best looking '08 Bullitt on this site when you're done.

Whammer 3/14/08 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Imatk (Post 5526672)
I think at a difference of 15 hp it's marginal. Even if you throw in gears. Now if both cars are autos (which the Bullit is not correct?) then maybe it would be a definite... but driver error and a number of other things come into play when you're talking such a marginal difference in power and performance.

2. Because I'm laying down 446 RWHP from my Saleen blower... in my "Crappy GT"

Never judge a book by it's cover.

This reply struck me as kinda funny.
First off I don't think I believe you are putting down 446HP at the REAR wheels.
But what I found funny was you think 15hp is marginal. But yet you say your car has 446hp. Not 445hp, but 4-4-6! Can you notice that extra 1HP!?

Imatk 3/14/08 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Whammer (Post 5527305)
This reply struck me as kinda funny.
First off I don't think I believe you are putting down 446HP at the REAR wheels.
But what I found funny was you think 15hp is marginal. But yet you say your car has 446hp. Not 445hp, but 4-4-6! Can you notice that extra 1HP!?

Sorry should I have not put what my car dynoed because it wasn't a round number?

It seems to me like you're picking some kind of argument just to argue.

446 RWHP isn't exactly earth shattering with the Saleen blower. There are plenty of guys putting down more than I am with a smaller pulley and more aggressive tune.

The fact that you don't believe it really is neither here nor there... I was trying to illustrate my point. Perhaps you missed that.

Yes 15 hp is marginal, and at that power level it comes down to driver ability. But of course that's just my opinion. Perhaps it's a HUGE difference to you. I don't know.

I suspect you've never been around a track if you really think it's that large a margin.

05GT-O.C.D. 3/14/08 12:25 PM

What, did he think it was 446 at the FRONT wheels? :lol:

Your second sentence hit the nail on the head.

Martimus 3/14/08 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Imatk (Post 5527385)
Sorry should I have not put what my car dynoed because it wasn't a round number?

It seems to me like you're picking some kind of argument just to argue.

446 RWHP isn't exactly earth shattering with the Saleen blower. There are plenty of guys putting down more than I am with a smaller pulley and more aggressive tune.

The fact that you don't believe it really is neither here nor there... I was trying to illustrate my point. Perhaps you missed that.

Yes 15 hp is marginal, and at that power level it comes down to driver ability. But of course that's just my opinion. Perhaps it's a HUGE difference to you. I don't know.

I suspect you've never been around a track if you really think it's that large a margin.

True... but its almost ALWAYS a drivers race! You could have the fastest car in the area but if you don't know how to drive it you'll likely lose more races than you'll win... :doh:

Bottom line is a STOCK Bullitt IS faster than a STOCK GT/CS on paper! Even if that 15 HP translates to 1mph. But being faster is only a small piece of the puzzle!! :poke:

Of course its all academic given that this thread has gotten WAY IN THE HECK off topic...

2k7gtcs 3/14/08 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. (Post 5527396)
What, did he think it was 446 at the FRONT wheels? :lol:

Your second sentence hit the nail on the head.

+1 I don't see anyhting funny about 446. What's wrong with accuracy?

Imatk 3/14/08 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Martimus (Post 5527397)
True... but its almost ALWAYS a drivers race! You could have the fastest car in the area but if you don't know how to drive it you'll likely lose more races than you'll win... :doh:

Bottom line is a STOCK Bullitt IS faster than a STOCK GT/CS on paper! Even if that 15 HP translates to 1mph. But being faster is only a small piece of the puzzle!! :poke:

Of course its all academic given that this thread has gotten WAY IN THE HECK off topic...

Indeed and that was my point... not meaning to throw it off track no pun intended :)

I agree it's almost always a driver's race. That's what I was trying to say... albeit you said it much better heh, that just because the Bullit has more HP doesn't necessarily mean anything. And the fact that the woman probably wasn't even racing the guy.

But yes I agree, on paper 15hp is definitely faster if weight is equal.

2k7gtcs 3/14/08 01:00 PM

Back to the original topic...Hypothetically speaking if my wife were driving my Mustang and some guy in a highly modded Mustang pulled a u-turn to follow her and then proceed to honk at her repeatedly and followed her from light to light...she would freak out! Me, I would wave at first but eventually become annoyed and take off in another direction. Piece of advise, don't stalk women in Bullitts, they may not understand.

P.S. It is a drivers race, especially where 50lbs. and 15 hp are the difference.

RCSignals 3/14/08 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Martimus (Post 5527397)

Funny thing about this thread, it is the GT.CS guys who are upset and indignant about that, yet it's the Bullitt owners who are painted as the 'bad guys' over it.

RCSignals 3/14/08 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 5527418)
Back to the original topic...Hypothetically speaking if my wife were driving my Mustang and some guy in a highly modded Mustang pulled a u-turn to follow her and then proceed to honk at her repeatedly and followed her from light to light...she would freak out! Me, I would wave at first but eventually become annoyed and take off in another direction. Piece of advise, don't stalk women in Bullitts, they may not understand.

most definitely

P.S. It is a drivers race, especially where 50lbs. and 15 hp are the difference.

unless the other car is a Honda Accord, of course. :D

Martimus 3/14/08 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by RCSignals (Post 5527582)
Funny thing about this thread, it is the GT.CS guys who are upset and indignant about that, yet it's the Bullitt owners who are painted as the 'bad guys' over it.

Ya know... I thought about that! I just figured it serves no purpose to continue the bickering. In any case you and I as Bullitt owners know EXACTLY what our cars are capable of!!! :banana: :banana:

goesfast 3/14/08 05:37 PM

The 2008 Bullitt is a balanced car. As Paul Randle said, it's primarily a track car that can be used as a daily driver too. The best of both worlds. One would have to complete a few laps to appreciate what Ford has done to it.

Black GT500 3/14/08 06:36 PM

It’s only a flesh wound I’ve had worse. Get back here and race!

Aw come on now, you guys complain that I am changing my statement, comparable drivers, a stock GT or GT/CS cannot take a stock Bullitt. Period. But if you weren’t trying to twist what I said I would have to clarify exatly what that was.

All that driver ability hocus pocus is just a thinly veiled side step of the issue at hand which car is faster, period. You can toss all the extra BS into the conversation you want, it won’t change which car is quicker. Unless you are actually racing, all the speculation about who is the better driver doesn’t add up to squat, so it is really not worthy of mention.

The driver ability debate is irrelevant; it’s always a driver’s race!
All the yeah butting about drivers isn’t going to change the fact that the Bullitt is quicker off the show room floor than the GT or GT/CS Period. Fer Crying Out Loud.

Your “only 15 horsepower” and “only 50 pounds” position conveniently leaves out all of the Bullitt’s other REAL advantages, the superior 3.73/1 gears and the tune with the lack of throttle delay and higher redline.

It’s only a flesh wound I’ve had worse. Get back here and race!

Why is it always the guy with the slower car woofing crap about “driving ability”?

RCSignals 3/14/08 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Black GT500 (Post 5527653)
............. conveniently leaves out all of the Bullitt’s other REAL advantages, the superior 3.73/1 gears and the tune with the lack of throttle delay and higher redline.

They don't want to hear that.

Some GT and CS/GT owners paid more for their cars than for a Bullitt.
It's easy to find a GT or CS/GT with a higher MSRP than a Bullitt.

You should have been here in the Fall. The Bullitt, and those who wanted one, took a good bashing from other Mustang owners.
Now some are squeeling that Bullitt owners are not being fair.

:doh:

1 COBRA 3/14/08 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Black GT500 (Post 5527653)
... All that driver ability hocus pocus is just a thinly veiled side step of the issue at hand which car is faster, period...

I am inclined to politely disagree.

Get a Steve McQueen on GT/CS vs most any of us on a '08 Bullitt and the Bullitt remake would have a HG GT/CS... :what: minus the emblems and stripes of course. :grin:

:jester: