2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

our Bullitt page here has died

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/14, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
nice in the second picture, what is that green car in the back ground? I'll take that old caddy in the fourth picture too.
I'm not sure. The same guy owns all of those old cars and they are always just parked out on the street in random spots.
Old 6/5/15, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I think the Bullitt models were the best looking of the 05-09 packages, subdued, but mean looking...love the grilles, if I had a Bullitt, think the only thing I'd add would be a set of SHR louvers. these were one of the best looking packages Ford ever put together, even if I'm not partial to green cars
You mean like mine. lol

Old 6/5/15, 11:59 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by ZackX5B
You mean like mine. lol

Gorgeous. Thanks for resurrecting the Bullitt thread. Of all the special Mustang editions, including the GT500 and the Boss, a Highland Green Bullitt is my favorite. There are a good amount of low mileage examples around at reasonable prices too. I'd seriously consider one in a year or two...need a cool coupe to compliment my 'vert.

The Bullitt is the only S197 I would not mod. I'd want that puppy bone stock.
Old 6/5/15, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
They need to produce a new model??
Old 6/6/15, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Gorgeous. Thanks for resurrecting the Bullitt thread. Of all the special Mustang editions, including the GT500 and the Boss, a Highland Green Bullitt is my favorite. There are a good amount of low mileage examples around at reasonable prices too. I'd seriously consider one in a year or two...need a cool coupe to compliment my 'vert.

The Bullitt is the only S197 I would not mod. I'd want that puppy bone stock.
Yeah well, ford4v429 description fit my Bullitt to the T so it seemed like a perfect invitation to resurrect this old thread.

There was a time when I wished I would have bought a GT without the Bullitt package so I could mod it and not worry about defacing it's status quo.
But after owning this Bullitt for 7 years and watching the value drop, I got to ask myself: why am I keeping it stock? Who am I saving it for?

I still love the Bullitt parts of the car, like the machine turned dash, the GT 500 seats and steering wheel, etc. Those are things that I would not have upgrade to, if I'd bought a GT instead of a Bullitt. They are a plus and make the car So much nicer that it is still fresh and exciting to me.
I don't regret buying the Bullitt because I don't think after 7 years a GT would be near as satisfying for me. It just means I have a more awsome Mustang to mod with.

So unless one of you Bullitt dreamers wants to save my 9,400 mile virgin Bullitt from the MOD BUG you better adopt it.
I'm going to dick it up. Man it is one groovy coupe, I'll say that much.

Last edited by ZackX5B; 6/6/15 at 01:51 AM.
Old 6/6/15, 05:17 AM
FR500 Member

There was a time when I wished I would have bought a GT without the Bullitt package so I could mod it and not worry about defacing it's status quo.
But after owning this Bullitt for 7 years and watching the value drop, I got to ask myself: why am I keeping it stock? Who am I saving it for?
I happen to think the Bullitt is beautiful as is. I doubt if I'd ever mod one, but I sure as hell would drive it. But I'm not being critical of anyone who does otherwise. That's not my place. I'm far from a purist or an auto elitist.

It's your car, your money, your fun. Enjoy the snot out of it. At the risk of sounding philosophical, we're just caretakers of our cars until the next person occupies the driver seat.

Unless one has a rare, extremely expensive, and very desirable car, it's doubtful that any modern muscle car today can a turn a decent profit within a short period of time. In fact I can't think of any point in my life time when those days really existed at all. Collector car values are like the stock market. You have to be in it for the long term and weather a lot of ups and downs before you realize a gain.

When Carroll Shelby ceased racing operations with Ford in the late 60's (or very early 70's) he had a "garage sale" and Cobras, GT350's and others with bona fide racing histories were sold for next to nothing (comparatively speaking). It took years before values began to skyrocket. And only recently the 05/06 GT40's have started to really climb in value. Up until just a few years ago I recall seeing some for sale below the original MSRP. It's taken almost 10 years for their values to significantly increase to a point of substantial profit. That's a long time to tie up $150K.

So unless someone puts their Bullitt, newer Boss or GT500 up on blocks in a sealed garage, never drives them for 20 years, maybe, just maybe, they'll be worth more than what they paid. Our Mustangs are drivers and the best bang for the buck out there among all the modern muscle IMHO. They're meant for fun.

Make believe you're Steve McQueen and by all means mod your Bullitt to your heart's desire. I'll bet that's what he'd have done.

Btw, yours is beautiful.
Old 6/6/15, 07:32 AM
GT Member

I saw the "our Bullitt page here has died" and wanted to help resurrect it. I became a member of themustangsource right after I bought #2833 in March of 08. Then I was introduced to IMBOC and have posted mostly there. But I believe that every Mustang forum should have a Bullitt section. Speaking of modding, if anyone is interested in seeing how mine is modded, check out my Craigslist link:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5053448400.html
Old 6/6/15, 07:48 PM

So unless someone puts their Bullitt, newer Boss or GT500 up on blocks in a sealed garage, never drives them for 20 years, maybe, just maybe, they'll be worth more than what they paid. Our Mustangs are drivers and the best bang for the buck out there among all the modern muscle IMHO. They're meant for fun.
That's a great explanation. helps put it all in perspective.
When I bought the Bullitt I never intended for it to be a garage queen. Actually I was looking to get a GT but they had a Bullitt in showroom. After seeing the Bullitt package had a lot of performance upgrades and I liked the interior more than the GT, I decided to get the Bullitt. And I drove it everywhere for the first few months, but then I became concerned about putting wear & tear on a limited edition numbered car and also I liked the car so much that I wanted to keep it like new. I didn't want to mess up a good thing and regret it later, forever.
I think I'm over most of that now and I'm wanting to get some serious fun with my Mustang.
Any mods I do will be light and not permanate. Like a driveshaft, LCA's, FRPP intake, Roush front bumper. All mods can be removed if I want to make it stock again.
Thanks for the complement and helping me realize I have a driver.
Old 6/6/15, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Speeding Bullitt
I saw the "our Bullitt page here has died" and wanted to help resurrect it. I became a member of themustangsource right after I bought #2833 in March of 08. Then I was introduced to IMBOC and have posted mostly there. But I believe that every Mustang forum should have a Bullitt section. Speaking of modding, if anyone is interested in seeing how mine is modded, check out my Craigslist link:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5053448400.html
Yea, I been a member on IMBOC for a long time, under a different user name. The forum is ok I guess, but I feel kinda like an unwelcome guest over there. The forum is pretty much dead nowadays.
Old 6/7/15, 04:40 AM
FR500 Member

Yea, I been a member on IMBOC for a long time, under a different user name. The forum is ok I guess, but I feel kinda like an unwelcome guest over there. The forum is pretty much dead nowadays.
TMS has a pretty good vibe compared with other forums. With very few exceptions no one really takes themselves too seriously all the time, and everyone is willing to lend a hand. I've gotten great tips and advice here.

I've visited a few forums that have dedicated pages to model specific Mustangs, and god forbid someone should post a pic of their Roush on the Shelby page or vice versa. Here, it's all good.

Lately a lot of attention has been on the S550 and that's fair. Soon we'll see more and more of the GT350, but the focus will be on the S197 for quite a while since there's been 10 model years worth to brag about.

Getting back to the Bullitt, I've heard that there might be one in 2016 or 2017. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ford treats it.

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 6/7/15 at 04:41 AM.
Old 6/7/15, 02:54 PM

TMS has a pretty good vibe compared with other forums. With very few exceptions no one really takes themselves too seriously all the time, and everyone is willing to lend a hand. I've gotten great tips and advice here.
Glad to hear that. maybe I'll spend my time hanging around here and hopefully make some contributions and new friends.

A Bullitt in 2017 ? ... I think Ford should have made one in 2013, it would have been Awesome.
Old 10/11/15, 10:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

~~~ I've heard that there might be one in 2016 or 2017. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ford treats it.
1968 + 50 years = 2018
Old 10/12/15, 05:11 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Palerider
1968 + 50 years = 2018
A 50th Anniversary would seem to make sense as did a 40th in 2008. But Ford also gave us the Bullitt again in 2009, and before that in 2001, so the anniversary sequencing has already been disrupted.

Guess we just have to wait and see.
Old 10/13/15, 08:02 AM
GT Member

A 50th Anniversary would seem to make sense as did a 40th in 2008. But Ford also gave us the Bullitt again in 2009, and before that in 2001, so the anniversary sequencing has already been disrupted.

Guess we just have to wait and see.
Not so sure that Ford will make another Bullitt. Yes Ford did make one in 2001 and again in 2008. But Ford did not make a new model in 2009 - it is my understanding that because of poor sales in 2008 when the economy crashed Ford had to do a carryover one in 2009 to sale the remaining allocations they had paid for the Warner Bros rights to the name. That along with the fact that the car was made mainly for a certain age group and it may be a tough marketing idea to sale to corporate accountants when 2018 rolls around. The good news is that for us who already have a 2008 it will then be ten years old and considered a classic.
Old 10/13/15, 08:11 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Speeding Bullitt
But Ford did not make a new model in 2009 - it is my understanding that because of poor sales in 2008 when the economy crashed Ford had to do a carryover one in 2009 to sale the remaining allocations they had paid for the Warner Bros rights to the name.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.

I'd like to pick up a 2008 Bullitt in the next couple of years as a second Mustang. There seem to be a fair amount of low mileage examples in the low $20K range lately. Hope that trend continues, for my sake anyway.
Old 3/16/16, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
hot dam that's a good lookin' car!

And apparently they are holding their value, every one I see for sale around here is still in the low 20's, same as they were in 2010 when I almost bought one.

Last edited by Bert; 3/16/16 at 07:00 PM.
Old 3/16/16, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I know the topic is dead, but the only reason we got the Bullitt in the first place was because it wasn't good enough to be called the Boss 302. I doubt, we would get another Bullitt. It owuld be cool though, they were my favorite 05-09 ties with the Shelby GT.
Old 6/3/18, 08:31 PM
V6 Member

The topic won't be dead for long, as I just saw 2 of the 2019 pre-production Bullitts that Ford built. Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA. The car is AWESOME! It has 480 h.p. and a ton of standard performance goodies.
Old 6/3/18, 08:37 PM
V6 Member

Check it out!

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/29/...ng-horsepower/
Old 6/7/21, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Shipey
The topic won't be dead for long, as I just saw 2 of the 2019 pre-production Bullitts that Ford built. Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA. The car is AWESOME! It has 480 h.p. and a ton of standard performance goodies.
I like cars, but truthfully, I like driving, I've done all kinds of stuff with cars, but really now ... what am I gonna do with 480 hp?

Quick Reply: our Bullitt page here has died