2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Ordered today - any guess on arrival?

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/07, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered today - any guess on arrival?

Submitted order!! Feeling on top of the world today but now the long wait. I'm guessing I won't be seeing my Bullitt until mid/late March. I turn 40 on March 9th - maybe a birthday delivery.....
Old 12/21/07, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DJStang
Submitted order!! Feeling on top of the world today but now the long wait. I'm guessing I won't be seeing my Bullitt until mid/late March. I turn 40 on March 9th - maybe a birthday delivery.....

Awesome! That will be a great birthday for sure!
Old 12/21/07, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered at GT/CS on November 7. Took delivery today. (It actually arrived Tuesday -- but the mods are still being installed -- so I'm not driving it yet) The Bullitt is in production -- so depending on priority it should go. My priority was 10. I have learned that the priority code is crucial for getting the 'stang quickly. See what the priority is on the DORA and make sure that the Dealer gets you a 10. It takes someone at Ford to get a 1-9 priority. Many dealers don't assign all customer orders a 10 -- which is the highest priority that can be assigned by a dealer.
Old 12/21/07, 05:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DJStang
You youngsters sure are impatient! Just kiddin', ya! You're not that much younger than me.

Congrats on your order. Depending on the size of your dealership, it could take 6-8 weeks (big volume with lots of Mustang allocation) or longer (maybe 10-12 weeks for an average volume dealership).
Old 12/21/07, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by c25sailor
The Bullitt is in production -- so depending on priority it should go. My priority was 10. I have learned that the priority code is crucial for getting the 'stang quickly. See what the priority is on the DORA and make sure that the Dealer gets you a 10. It takes someone at Ford to get a 1-9 priority. Many dealers don't assign all customer orders a 10 -- which is the highest priority that can be assigned by a dealer.
The Priority Codes are by model line, so all Mustangs (V6, GT, GT/CS, Bullitt, Shelby GT, and GT500) share codes from 10-49 (for retail orders) or 10-89 (for stock orders). A dealership can assign the same code to multiple cars within a model line, but your Bullitt order is only competing with other T82 orders (GT, GT/CS, Bullitt, and Shelby GT). So, having the lowest number out of all the T82's ordered by that dealership is your goal.
Old 12/21/07, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine is now 5 weeks and I've yet to see a VIN or build date. But, my salesman just emailed me and said we may be getting by the end of this weekend. He's keeping an eye on it.
Old 12/21/07, 05:37 PM
V6 Member

I am not a happy camper. I placed my order on 11/12/07. Priority 10. I still do not have a vin number.

Ford allocation system is not my friend at this time. Small Dealership.

If they cancell the order because of the zone allocation system, I will not be pleased , to say the least. I know that after 30 days my X plan pin number is void.

Comments :
Old 12/21/07, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Moonshiner
after 30 days my X plan pin number is void.
As long as you don't use the X plan pin number, you can get another one generated if the first one expires.
Old 12/21/07, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

It says on the x-plan site that I got to register at after I got my pin that x-plan pins are good for 12 months after the date of issue.
Old 12/21/07, 06:37 PM

Checked my priority and it is 10 - so that's good. It is a small dealership so maybe that's bad. It's a very rural/agricultural area out here - they sell a lot of trucks and a few mustangs. They have two SGT's and one convertible GT500 on the lot right now.
The salesman really never said much when I told him I wanted a Bullitt. He was like, "oh yeah, I've seen that form around here somewhere." Found a copy of the hero card, got into the computer, gave me $1210 off MSRP (which I think is fair), printed out the order and we shook hands.

I don't know for sure but I'm willing to bet this was the first Bullitt they ordered. If it isn't, do I have a reason to worry that my order could be cancelled?
Old 12/21/07, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone verified that the incentives are valid towards the car?I was told that they were excluded.
Old 12/21/07, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wally05
It says on the x-plan site that I got to register at after I got my pin that x-plan pins are good for 12 months after the date of issue.
I understand the PINs are valid for 12 months from date of issue.

Wouldn't make sense for it to be only 30 days.
Old 12/21/07, 11:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RCSignals
I understand the PINs are valid for 12 months from date of issue.

Wouldn't make sense for it to be only 30 days.
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 495.4pt; mso-cellspacing: 0cm; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=661 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 20"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 495.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" width=661><OFrom what I've read on the Blue Oval forum for the Ford employee sponsor pins, those pins are valid for 12 months from the date they were issued - so longs as they were issued to you. From what I just read from the Ford Partner Recognition Program version of the X-Plan, it's the same thing:</O

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 21"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 495.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" width=661>"PINs remain active for 12 months from the date of issue."

Pretty straightforward.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 12/21/07, 11:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

sorry - double post, not used to forums yet ^_^"
Old 12/22/07, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 495.4pt; mso-cellspacing: 0cm; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=661 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 20"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 495.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" width=661><OFrom what I've read on the Blue Oval forum for the Ford employee sponsor pins, those pins are valid for 12 months from the date they were issued - so longs as they were issued to you. From what I just read from the Ford Partner Recognition Program version of the X-Plan, it's the same thing:</O

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 21"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 0cm; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; WIDTH: 495.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" width=661>"PINs remain active for 12 months from the date of issue."

Pretty straightforward.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thank You, I received incorrect information from another source.
Old 12/22/07, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I've noticed MANY ppl think it is only for 30 days and refuse to believe me even when I copied and pasted it from the x-plan site... so I called and checked and they are good for 12 months from issue. You're good to go!
Old 12/22/07, 09:17 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I'd suggest anyone ORDERING any Ford take a look here to better understand the mess that is 'dealer allocation' (and please click up to the 'to management' forum and vote in the polls):
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showtopic=51

and if youve already ordered, go here to see about tracking the car:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=14397

I dont know, but often wonder if 'viperpilot' and 'Kzinti' are more than just a bit similar in any event they are offering a very great service to ford buyers...Kzinti kept me somewhat sane in my obsession with my first car(that got crunched by the hauler at delivery unloading), and had it not been for him I woulda pulled the plug on reordering, and never knew what I was missing with this over-the-top homerun Ford decided to offer

The best thing about the first car/obsession thing was had I actually gotten that car IT WOULD HAVE OWNED ME. I ended up emailing a vice president at ford, lo and behold got a priority one re-issed dora the next day, when the car got smacked, another VP came to the rescue after a string of emails and had regional call me directly(which like never happens) about 30 seconds after I called my dealer to just throw in the towell, another priority one, but this time it was different...letting go of that first car was a needed thing...I think maybe God just gave me a well deserved slap upside the head as that car became the 'all important' thing in my life for the many months I waited after ordering, but in the end its identical twin sister is just a great car...its been out in the rain, driven on dry winter days, has had the living crap flogged out of it at the dragstrip, and its just a absolute blast to enjoy- but someday it will wind up in a junkyard like all the rest, so just watch out for the obsession thing...and enjoy the ride- after all isnt that what you got it for Yes I still park way out in the parking lots, and after 2 years and 5 days it still has not a single ding in it, but I do know the day will come and just use reasonable care to try to keep it enjoyable and rust free for as long as possible...now if Santa just brings me that Kenne-Bell blower...
Merry Christmas - and hope you get your dream cars soon!
Old 12/22/07, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Everyone has a different ordering experience...
I ordered my 08 GT/CS Vert in June 07, it didn't arrive until late October.
I followed every step via blueovalforums, great help, as I knew more than the dealer. This is of course contingent on getting the VIN, which I didn't get until early-August! I think the dealer fogot to place the order, though they denied it. But good things come to those who wait. The funny thing is the dealer told me you'll be crusing down the shore by the end of the summer, he failed to specify which summer, 07 or 08
LJS
Old 12/22/07, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

It's not really about an obsession... to me it's an enjoyable car, but it's also a $31k car... not cheap and it's my money that is buying it. I just think that if people ordering cars have already agreed to pay for an automobile (big investment), a little more consideration should be put into it on the retailers part. When ppl here are loyal enough to follow the production of this automobile and order the first day the banks open... the orders should be filled... dealer stock... fine. Allocate it however you want. I shouldn't have to drive 40 mins to an hour to a dealership "big" enough to get a car when I have 3 dealerships that are a little smaller within 10 mins of me that could order it the same way.
Old 12/22/07, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by badasbullitt
Has anyone verified that the incentives are valid towards the car?I was told that they were excluded.
2008 Mustang rebates and incentives are not available on Bullitt or Shelby models. Bullitt weren't initially excluded when 2008 Mustang incentives were announced as the Bullitts weren't on dealer lots yet to have to worry about excluding them. However, a few weeks ago, Ford announced that Bullitts do not get rebates or special finance rates.

2008 Bullitts do, however, qualify for plan sales assuming you find a dealership willing to honor a plan sale. A/Z-plan, D-plan, and X-plan are good on Bullitts to those who qualify and the dealership is paid a commission by Ford to offset some (but not all) of the lost profit from honoring a plan sale.

Quick Reply: Ordered today - any guess on arrival?