2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

New Bullitt owner looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/11, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bullitt owner looking for help

Hi, I recently purchased an 08 Bullitt car #1436 and am in the process of nursing it back to health. The previous owner was involved in a crash that damaged the front end. I was wondering if anyone had or new of anyone with some parts. I am looking for the air box, grille, cooling fan, wheel, d.s. air bag and a lot of odds and ends. I am new to the Bullitt so I have been doing a bunch of research and the more I learn the more I love these cars. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lphegner; 12/29/11 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12/29/11, 11:44 AM

Anyone out there have one OEM Bullitt wheel they are looking to sell? I just got the bad news from the wheel shop that mine is not repairable. If you havbe one to sell please let me know.
Old 12/29/11, 02:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm... don't see to many OEM Bullitt wheels for sale by members. I see grills occasionally in the for sale section.

Good luck with the repairs!
Old 12/29/11, 03:51 PM
GT Member

I have the lower grill that I'll let go cheap .....
and I know where there's a full set of Bullitt Wheels - but they wont break the set.
Old 12/29/11, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Go to www.IMBOC.com. There is a guy on there selling his factory airbox and a few other odds and ends.

If I would have seen these post 2 weeks ago I would have sold you my stock wheels. Ended up selling them to other Bullitt owners to use as full size spares.
Old 2/11/12, 05:41 PM

EBAY availability

Originally Posted by lphegner
Anyone out there have one OEM Bullitt wheel they are looking to sell? I just got the bad news from the wheel shop that mine is not repairable. If you havbe one to sell please let me know.
Hi, I just saw one on EBAY for 225 refurbished...
Good luck!
Old 2/11/12, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by lphegner
Originally Posted by rkn62786
Hi, I just saw one on EBAY for 225 refurbished...
Good luck!

By the way none of the aftermarket mags are quite the same. The orig are special!
Old 9/20/13, 07:53 PM

I am going to be a new bullitt owner. I would like it to be stock. It's a 2009. My stupid question is what mufflers are stock. It has Saleen stamped on them and they appear to be stock but I'm getting half and half yes/no. I thought Saleen was aftermarket but these look like they have been there for a while and it only had 29,000. Anyone have the answer? Thanks.
Old 9/20/13, 08:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mcrump12
I am going to be a new bullitt owner. I would like it to be stock. It's a 2009. My stupid question is what mufflers are stock. It has Saleen stamped on them and they appear to be stock but I'm getting half and half yes/no. I thought Saleen was aftermarket but these look like they have been there for a while and it only had 29,000. Anyone have the answer? Thanks.
FORD M-5230-GTB's are factory. Notice the 3.5" packed tips (which "attenuate" the L/R pulse according to Bullitt engineers). They are square tips - not slanted.

(And yes, the R tip is slightly off center on pretty much all of them from the factory. )

Pull that Saleen crap off Bullitt. Hopefully they didn't gut the H-Pipe.
The key to the movie tone is the (hood liner sealed) FRPP CAI, H-pipe, GTB's with 3.5" packed tips.

If you want louder than factory, the GT500KR's (FRPP M-5230-S) are very similar tone including the same 3.5" packed tips, though still a little pricey.
I'm told they are tame at idle but really open up as you give it throttle. However there is more popping on decel. I stayed with factory because a little popping is ok, but excessive popping draws attention - not really what Bullitt stands for IMO.

I absolutely love the factory music, though it is a tad on the quiet side to meet fed regs while running the FRPP CAI (only factory Mustang to do so). Great old school dual exhaust glass pack idle, GT40 (dubbed) Bullitt movie tone at 4-5k plus.

Welcome to TMS! Hope the sale comes through for you!! SMQ!!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/20/13 at 09:05 PM.