Old 11/14/07, 12:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
pretty good site
Old 11/14/07, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
The only thing that "matters" is that I expressed disappointment in this vehicle, and that certain proponents of the Bullitt's "attributes" can't seem to handle it, such that they want to paint an overly-rosey picture of the car's popularity on this forum; excessively justify Ford's choices in the execution of the car; their own reasons for buying one; and ultimately, engage in intellectual jousting matches with me on these boards over the whole bloody thing.

I don't disparage anyone who wants to buy one, and if you re-read my earlier posts I acknowledged that the Bullitt represents a tidy package of upgrades for the money, lackluster or no. What I take umbrage with is those who try to oversell this car as something it's not, and rub the dissenters' faces in it.

And I don't "profess" anything. I don't have to. After 4000 posts and countless valuable discussions with many, many people on this forum over the past 2+ years, MY status isn't in question.
You seem to be the only person that cares so much about the popularity of this car, positive OR negative. You also seem very quick to try to temper ANYONE'S enthusiasm about this car so that it matches your own. That is pretty childish to me, sorry. Someone from more "urban" roots might call you a "hater".

But, hey, keep fighting that good fight
Old 11/14/07, 01:35 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LonghornTX
You seem to be the only person that cares so much about the popularity of this car, positive OR negative. You also seem very quick to try to temper ANYONE'S enthusiasm about this car so that it matches your own. That is pretty childish to me, sorry. Someone from more "urban" roots might call you a "hater".

But, hey, keep fighting that good fight
Once again, it appears that my explanation went over your head. Apparently you can only counter with non-sequiturs such as "childish," or "urban," or "hater."

But hey, feel free to keep trying...
Old 11/14/07, 02:03 AM
Banned

Once again, it appears that my explanation went over your head.
Kind of like the basic statistical concepts that you can't seem to grasp ?

Na. There was nothing to respond to my friend.

It seems obvious to me that you participate in this particular forum for no other reason than to referee public opinion about this car.

We all know your opinion on this car and we know why you don't like it. That is fine. What people get annoyed with is someone whose only modus operandi is to repeat said opinion every chance they get in a rather unproductive manner.

If I were to go out on a limb, I would say that you are really just trying to convince yourself that you made a good decision by not waiting for the Bullitt. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you.
Old 11/14/07, 03:26 AM
Closet American

Kind of like the basic statistical concepts that you can't seem to grasp ?

Dredging up one of your past defeats, in order to try and win a victory here, might not be the wisest strategy.

Na. There was nothing to respond to my friend.
Well, you're right about that.

It seems obvious to me that you participate in this particular forum for no other reason than to referee public opinion about this car.
Always be careful of what seems "obvious." I participate in this particular forum for no other reason than to answer those who would challenge my point of view merely as an exercise in provocation.

We all know your opinion on this car and we know why you don't like it. That is fine. What people get annoyed with is someone whose only modus operandi is to repeat said opinion every chance they get in a rather unproductive manner.
Unlike the proponents of this car who remain staid, quiet and non-confrontational.

If I were to go out on a limb, I would say that you are really just trying to convince yourself that you made a good decision by not waiting for the Bullitt. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you.
Careful, that cracking sound you hear might be the sound of the limb breaking.

So you wouldn't necessarily disagree that I was really just trying to convince myself that I made a good decision by not waiting for the Bullitt...or you wouldn't necessarily disagree that not waiting was the correct decision?
Old 11/14/07, 04:26 AM
Banned

Dredging up one of your past defeats, in order to try and win a victory here, might not be the wisest strategy.
Past defeats? The only thing I was defeated in was trying to teach your ignorant self some knowledge . I am sure you probably still think you know what you are talking about, and obviously there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. However, ANYBODY, and I do mean anybody, that has SOME college education in statistics or experience in statistical based research, would laugh at your statement until they became blue in the face. The sample is biased (do you honestly expect a mustang site to also have non-mustang fans who regularly visit? and believe me, there are plenty of non-mustang enthusiasts interested in this car, as evidenced by the forum URL I posted earlier.), the sample size is ridiculously small (when considered with the hundreds of thousands of people that will probably have an opinion on this car), and the possible responses are skewed by the availability of two responses that you deem negative and only one positive (I didn't even notice this at first). All in all, a thoroughly BS poll that tells us nothing other than what people think about this car on this website. Certainly far from telling what the opinion of the average person shopping this car is.

Really, though, that is a defeat I can live because I know there will be a day when you spout the same BS to someone like your boss. Then, facing utter humiliation for talking such mess, you will probably learn to realize when you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Always be careful of what seems "obvious." I participate in this particular forum for no other reason than to answer those who would challenge my point of view merely as an exercise in provocation.
This explains it all . Dude, grow up and be the bigger man if that is what is happening. There is gotta be something more productive you can do with your time then defending your honor on an internet forum.
Unlike the proponents of this car who remain staid, quiet and non-confrontational.
Well, when someone runs their mouth constantly, people are bound to become razzled, loud, and confrontational. Maybe what you don't realize is that YOU seem to be the catalyst for these people becoming angry. Oh, thats right, you just admitted that in the paragraph above....

Careful, that cracking sound you hear might be the sound of the limb breaking.

So you wouldn't necessarily disagree that I was really just trying to convince myself that I made a good decision by not waiting for the Bullitt...or you wouldn't necessarily disagree that not waiting was the correct decision?
The 2nd version.
Old 11/14/07, 04:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's great. Unlevel the playing field.
Old 11/14/07, 05:43 AM
Closet American

Past defeats? The only thing I was defeated in was trying to teach your ignorant self some knowledge. I am sure you probably still think you know what you are talking about, and obviously there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. However, ANYBODY, and I do mean anybody, that has SOME college education in statistics or experience in statistical based research, would laugh at your statement until they became blue in the face. The sample is biased (do you honestly expect a mustang site to also have non-mustang fans who regularly visit? and believe me, there are plenty of non-mustang enthusiasts interested in this car, as evidenced by the forum URL I posted earlier.), the sample size is ridiculously small (when considered with the hundreds of thousands of people that will probably have an opinion on this car), and the possible responses are skewed by the availability of two responses that you deem negative and only one positive (I didn't even notice this at first). All in all, a thoroughly BS poll that tells us nothing other than what people think about this car on this website. Certainly far from telling what the opinion of the average person shopping this car is.
Ooooh. Touched a nerve there, did I? Could it possibly be because you privately realize that I was right?

Really, though, that is a defeat I can live because I know there will be a day when you spout the same BS to someone like your boss. Then, facing utter humiliation for talking such mess, you will probably learn to realize when you have NO idea what you are talking about.
You could be waiting a long time for that day to come.

This explains it all. Dude, grow up and be the bigger man if that is what is happening. There is gotta be something more productive you can do with your time then defending your honor on an internet forum.
If you truly believe what you just wrote above, then look in the mirror and repeat it to yourself.

Well, when someone runs their mouth constantly, people are bound to become razzled, loud, and confrontational. Maybe what you don't realize is that YOU seem to be the catalyst for these people becoming angry. Oh, thats right, you just admitted that in the paragraph above....
Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps it's the other way around? On the other hand, the only one who seems to be angry right now is you.

You really should learn to calm down and not get so excitable, it's not good for your health.

Anyway, it's been a slice. As someone once said, "Goodnight and may your God go with you."
Old 11/14/07, 06:19 AM
Cobra R Member

The car is just awesome!! There are going to be 7700 people driving around with huge smiles on their faces!!!
Everyone I have shown pics of the car to loves the look of it. And these aren't necessarily mustang people. They just think the car looks so cool.
All of them have also loved the dash treatment.
Old 11/14/07, 06:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I love it. New wallpaper for work!
Old 11/14/07, 09:12 AM
Banned

Ooooh. Touched a nerve there, did I? Could it possibly be because you privately realize that I was right?
Not a chance in hell .

You could be waiting a long time for that day to come.
If your behavior here is indicitive of anything close to how you are in real life, I doubt it.

If you truly believe what you just wrote above, then look in the mirror and repeat it to yourself.
See, the thing is, I actually like this car and I am here to discuss it, not just argue with people who challenge my authority.

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps it's the other way around? On the other hand, the only one who seems to be angry right now is you.

You really should learn to calm down and not get so excitable, it's not good for your health.

Anyway, it's been a slice. As someone once said, "Goodnight and may your God go with you."
Coming from you, I hardly find that advice to be very good, but trust me, I am not angry in the least .
Old 11/14/07, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

HAHA. I do agree, what does post count have to do with opinions? So, I have to post 4,000x before you take my opinions seriously? ...

You know. I really do like this wallpaper that they put on the site A LOT. Even if it is depictions of the car and not the care itself, it is still pretty freaking cool.
Old 11/14/07, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wally05
HAHA. I do agree, what does post count have to do with opinions? So, I have to post 4,000x before you take my opinions seriously? ...

You know. I really do like this wallpaper that they put on the site A LOT. Even if it is depictions of the car and not the care itself, it is still pretty freaking cool.
and LonghornTX

Well said both of you. Saved me a lot of time.

Hollywood North, get over yourself already.
Deal witht eh fact that there are people who like this car, will buy it and be proud of it.

You seem to be very proud of your own GT and have expressed it, let people have the same feeling for this new Bullitt.
Old 11/14/07, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

When all is said and done, Ford will sell every last Bullitt they build regardless of what we comment about here on the forum(s). Ford won't be making any drastic changes to the car when the final production run begins because they don't have to. It's a splendid car just the way it is, and the proof will be when all are sold out. The reason some people modify their cars is to give the owner exactly what he wanted or to make it different from the others. Feel free to do the same to the Bullitt. If you like it enough to buy it, then Bravo!! Enjoy every minute and mile with the car! That's what it was made for. And when Whammer gets his, he'll have a permanent crack in his face from smiling so much .
The more I look at this car, the more I like it, because it is truly different from all other Mustangs out there. Green, understated yet bold enough to be, tweaked all over, and more capable than most cars at a bargain price offered to those who know exactly what it is (and isn't)! It reminds me of a quiet woman who sits by herself at bar. Not the best looking woman you ever saw, but she has a body that would turn you black and blue when you're alone with her. My 'kinda car ( and woman!!)!
Old 11/14/07, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by goesfast
When all is said and done, Ford will sell every last Bullitt they build regardless of what we comment about here on the forum(s). Ford won't be making any drastic changes to the car when the final production run begins because they don't have to. It's a splendid car just the way it is, and the proof will be when all are sold out. The reason some people modify their cars is to give the owner exactly what he wanted or to make it different from the others. Feel free to do the same to the Bullitt. If you like it enough to buy it, then Bravo!! Enjoy every minute and mile with the car! That's what it was made for. And when Whammer gets his, he'll have a permanent crack in his face from smiling so much .
The more I look at this car, the more I like it, because it is truly different from all other Mustangs out there. Green, understated yet bold enough to be, tweaked all over, and more capable than most cars at a bargain price offered to those who know exactly what it is (and isn't)! It reminds me of a quiet woman who sits by herself at bar. Not the best looking woman you ever saw, but she has a body that would turn you black and blue when you're alone with her. My 'kinda car ( and woman!!)!
Great post. I've already ordered mine
Old 11/14/07, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

ditto... I'm going in tomorrow to put down my deposit.
Old 11/14/07, 03:27 PM
Closet American

Wow, a noob love-in.

All kidding aside, may you all enjoy your gorgeous new Bullitts.
Old 11/14/07, 03:40 PM
Banned

Wow, a noob love-in.

All kidding aside, may you all enjoy your gorgeous new Bullitts.
As much as I like the car, I will probably end up going your way. Yea, I know .

I love vapor silver (just saw it in person and it is definately my kind of color) and the deals to be had on GTs will likely be much better than those on the newer Bullitt.
Old 11/14/07, 03:50 PM
Closet American

As much as I like the car, I will probably end up going your way. Yea, I know

Oddly enough, I thought you might.

All kidding aside, you'll enjoy the GT; it's a great car, with only a few caveats!
Old 11/14/07, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

They are still all Mustangs after all

Quick Reply: Ford's Own BULLITT Site...