2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt stock shifter Q

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/08, 11:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Bullitt stock shifter Q

Hey all. Taking delivery tomorrow on 5839.

Question? How do you like the stock shifter? Is it any better than the standard shifter in the GT, or is it the same one?

What are your thought's on puting my Hurst in it. I hate to give up my Hurst, but if you all like the stock one, I need to know.

Thanks
Old 8/15/08, 11:27 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Hey all. Taking delivery tomorrow on 5839.

Question? How do you like the stock shifter? Is it any better than the standard shifter in the GT, or is it the same one?

What are your thought's on puting my Hurst in it. I hate to give up my Hurst, but if you all like the stock one, I need to know.

Thanks

Hey Dave

Everything I have read says it is the same shifter as in the regular 08 GTs - but that is one that is vastly improved over the 05s-07s stock shifter

Many reviews always comment on the 'fixed' shifter compared to the earlier models
Old 8/15/08, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Dave. I'm getting a great deal, plus they are paying me to leave my mods on. Well to an extent anyway. Just seeing if it's worth taking it out vs what they're giving me for leaving it in. (Both my 05 and 07, stock shifter's sucked.
Old 8/15/08, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratualtions on the new Bullitt!

There have been numerous posts on the subject of stock vs after-market shifters. A lot depends on how you are going to use the car. I am sure that you have taken the Bullitt for a test drive. What did you think of the stock shifter? It may take a little time to get used to it, but I and several others love the stock shifter. On the other hand, some have had not been able to make the shifts smoothly and have gone with the Hurst shifter and love it - or other after market brands. I would tell them you want the same tradein value they gave you but the Hurst is being swapped out for the stock GT shifter. Put the stock shifter back in the GT and keep the Hurst to see how you feel about the stock Bullit shifter after you drive it awhile. Then decide. You can always sell the Hurst shifter on ebay if you like the stock shifter - probably for more than the difference they are giving you anyway.
Old 8/15/08, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave,
First, grats on 5839. You will love it to death....Now the shifter. Here is what I can tell you.....

If my 05 GT had shifted as nicely as our number 115 does, I would not have been in any hurry to swap out. Does that mean I would not have changed eventually? Not at all. I absolutely love my MGW in the 05. But the bullitt shifter is sooooooo much nicer stock than my 05 was. It is buttery smooth, and I have not had any issues whatsoever with it thus far........HOWEVER......

LOL...after driving my 05, then jumping into the Bullitt, I feel like a fricken rookie for about 15 minutes. The shift length, combined with the stock clutch feel, are so different than my 05, it takes some time to re-learn the stock rowing of the gears.....Neutral in the Bullitt = 1st in my 05. First in the Bullitt = knuckles in the dashboard....LOL....you get the idea. Stock bullitt buttery smooth, but long, long throw.......

Grats, and have fun!!

Mike
Old 8/15/08, 06:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I hear ya. "Knuckles to the dash". Just got home from there. I took it out at beat the %^*^% out of it, just for fun. Gotta tell ya, that 09 Shifter IS BETTER, than either my 05 or 07 was. They made me a great deal on my Mods (well most of them anyway). I'll be spending the night in the garage doing a "little disassemble" work. Already got my Gauges, Suspension, and some personalized SHR stuff off. They are swapping the tires in the morning for me. I'm keeping my NITTO Redlines. They are going to use my car, as a "Halo" up on a platform at their entrance. They didn't net much on the final deal, so they're in no hurry to sell it. Rather they want to use it to attract interest. Get people to notice, turn in, then sell them something they can make money on. So the giveup on the Hurst isn't hurting me. Besides I just now might have a reason to thry the new MGW one.

I got to tell ya. If your looking to buy. NOW is the time. Tail-lights just aren't going out the driveway's of these dealerships. Period. And the Banks that hold the note's, on their floor plans, are getting nervous.
Old 8/22/08, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the shifter in my '08.
I drove a car with the Hurst. It was nice, but I actually kind of like my '08 stock shifter better.