2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt Hood Liner Question

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/08, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bullitt Hood Liner Question

Can anyone throw up a picture of their hood liner that matches up with the Bullitt intake please? I am installing the Bullitt intake and I need to know if my liner is the newer style or if I need to replace it.
Old 10/31/08, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These are as light as as I could get them. There is definately an indentation for the rubber seal to meat it.
Attached Images    
Old 10/31/08, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I went over to the dealer and took pics of the Bullitt liner. Here is my liner in a blue 07 GT/CS and here is the 2008 Bullitt liner. It appears mine is identical. Now, I'd like to see an older liner prior to 1/25/07 pic that is comparable to these two so folks can know if they have an old one or a new one. Apparently the Bullitt liner isn't unique. All liners made after 1/25/07 are identical and if you order a new one for a GT, Bullitt, GT/CS, Shelby GT, etc. these days, you get the same part.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-hood-liner.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-bullitt-liner.jpg  
Old 10/31/08, 06:13 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Just ditch the liner
Old 10/31/08, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Theoretically, there would be no seal then on the top of the Bullitt intake and would suck hot air from the engine side instead of only receiving the cooler air from the front and fender side. However, one would think at higher speeds this would be illrelevant and at a stop what does it matter.
Old 11/5/08, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or you could get one of the Mustang liners I make from aircraft firewall material that will adhere to your hood underside with 3M #80 adhesive and comes with a heat-resistant vinyl decal. my liners don't rot nor soak up any underhood fluids nor do they reflect heat back towards your intake. They're superior to the factory liners. See the link in the last line of my signature.
Old 11/6/08, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

The link comes up with a site in all text.
Old 11/6/08, 08:40 PM

Try again, I get the pictures, sometimes they won't come up because they're hosted at GeoCities and they love to shut down bandwidth from time-to-time.
Old 11/6/08, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is your page on drugs...

Originally Posted by tbirddmnd
Try again, I get the pictures, sometimes they won't come up because they're hosted at GeoCities and they love to shut down bandwidth from time-to-time.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-yourpageondrugs.jpg  
Old 11/7/08, 08:15 AM

That's what you get when you right-click and select "View Source". I click on www.tbirddmnd.com and I see my page. When I get time I'm going to jazz it up a bit but right now it's a start.

Bottom line is I make hoodliners for Mustangs that blow away stock liners and dresses up the underhood. I make them from aircraft firewall material that don't reflect heat back towards your intake nor do they absorb any engine fluids/lubes, and adhere to the hood underside - meaning they don't "flex" or have any "give" to them like the factory liner. They don't rot or get dirty.
Attached Images     
Old 11/7/08, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down Improving the Quality of Your HTML

I'm very very familiar with HTML and viewing web pages. You have a structural problem with your HTML.

That screen capture I posted for you is what you get when you browse to your link without viewing the page source. I was pointing it out to you, because I thought you might want your page to actually be viewable. If not, that is fine. If you would like me to debug it for you that is another deal entirely. I will suggest you view your web pages in some other browsers besides Microsoft's or at least use a HTML validation tool. Improving the Quality of Your HTML

I would have liked to view your hood liner website, but even after a few people pointed out that you were having technical difficulties you didn't seem inclined to fix them...

That's what you get when you right-click and select "View Source". I click on www.tbirddmnd.com and I see my page. When I get time I'm going to jazz it up a bit but right now it's a start.

Bottom line is I make hoodliners for Mustangs that blow away stock liners and dresses up the underhood. I make them from aircraft firewall material that don't reflect heat back towards your intake nor do they absorb any engine fluids/lubes, and adhere to the hood underside - meaning they don't "flex" or have any "give" to them like the factory liner. They don't rot or get dirty.

Last edited by Black GT500; 11/7/08 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11/7/08, 10:59 AM

BlackGT500 - thanks for the info. I wasn't aware there was a problem and it's because as you pointed out that I use IE 6 or 7 to roam the 'net. I thank you for pointing this out to me and will try to take corrective steps. What I did to arrive at this "site" was create it in GeoCities and then publish it. I then took the html code by looking at the View Source and pasted that into my AT&T Personal Web Pages and created a page for it to reside on. My tbirddmnd.com is hosted at Tech Info Group and I merely forwarded the domain to point at my AT&T page. Since I use IE 6 and it looked great I ran with it. I'll assume you have another browser and can see the errors that I can't and didn't know about. I don't know how to fix it since I'm not a coder nor can I pay anyone to fix it for me. I also have an eBay listing for my liners and I reach some people through it. Tech Info Group offers hosting but I can't afford even the lowest level of it until I become employed again.

Now I AM inclined to fix it, when I can, and I'll give the provided link a look. Thanks again.

Last edited by tbirddmnd; 11/7/08 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11/7/08, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, to start with, your link is pointing to a text file, not a HTML file. "http://home.att.net/~tbirddmnd/wsb/html/hoodliners.txt"

Perhaps renaming hoodliners.txt to hoodliners.htm or hoodliners.html would fix your problem?

BlackGT500 - thanks for the info. I wasn't aware there was a problem and it's because as you pointed out that I use IE 6 or 7 to roam the 'net. I thank you for pointing this out to me and will try to take corrective steps. What I did to arrive at this "site" was create it in GeoCities and then publish it. I then took the html code by looking at the View Source and pasted that into my AT&T Personal Web Pages and created a page for it to reside on. My tbirddmnd.com is hosted at Tech Info Group and I merely forwarded the domain to point at my AT&T page. Since I use IE 6 and it looked great I ran with it. I'll assume you have another browser and can see the errors that I can't and didn't know about. I don't know how to fix it since I'm not a coder nor can I pay anyone to fix it for me. I also have an eBay listing for my liners and I reach some people through it. Tech Info Group offers hosting but I can't afford even the lowest level of it until I become employed again.

Now I AM inclined to fix it, when I can, and I'll give the provided link a look. Thanks again.
Old 11/7/08, 11:16 AM

Thanks, let me look into it.

ADDED: Done, can you see it now? Adding html should bring it up now, I've gone in and updated the forwarding for my tbirddmnd.com domain and that should take a few minutes or so.

Last edited by tbirddmnd; 11/7/08 at 11:33 AM. Reason: ADDED
Old 11/7/08, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up Good Job...

That did it...

http://home.att.net/~tbirddmnd/wsb/html/hoodliners.html

Not a bad looking page either... Remember when building web pages for selling on the internet KISS applies. Too much wiz-bang isn't always a good thing... You want to keep your page available to the most people...

Good Job...

Thanks, let me look into it.

ADDED: Done, can you see it now? Adding html should bring it up now, I've gone in and updated the forwarding for my tbirddmnd.com domain and that should take a few minutes or so.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-fixedhlp.jpg  
Old 11/7/08, 12:34 PM

Thanks, it really was a dumb mistake on my part, I should have realized that something like this needs an .html on the end and not .txt, but since I saw it live I was under the impression everyone could see it too!

Now, who can use a hoodliner?
Old 11/7/08, 12:35 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
Can anyone throw up a picture of their hood liner that matches up with the Bullitt intake please? I am installing the Bullitt intake and I need to know if my liner is the newer style or if I need to replace it.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...76&postcount=5
Old 11/9/08, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

KC, the thread you point to has a pic of an earlier liner, but not the driver side where the intake is. It cuts off the sides as you can see below. Do you have a pic of the old liner where the intake is like the two I posted below? I am guessing that it continues out to the outer edges flat like the middle part on that one pic. Here is my liner in blue and and the Bullitt liner in green as I posted above in this thread. I'd like to see the identical pic of the old liner so we can put them side by side like I did here. Maybe somebody with a 2005 can snap a pic of their liner like the two on the left and post it. And Tbrddmnd, I can see your web page now too. I use Firefox and not every website accounts for it. However, looks like you got it up just right. It would be nice to see some close ups though.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-hood-liner.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-bullitt-liner.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-old-liner.jpg  

Last edited by 07 GT/CS; 11/9/08 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11/9/08, 06:39 PM

As per your request here are some close-ups. My liner will adhere to the hood underside and won't "flex" like the stock liner, it'll hug the ridges and contours.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-1.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-2.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-3.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-4.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-5.jpg  

Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-6.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-mike-7.jpg  

Last edited by tbirddmnd; 11/9/08 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11/9/08, 06:59 PM

I ship my liners everywhere, here's a Mustang owner in Florida - he used a small roller to ensure my liner fit in to every contour underneath. Using hands is adequate enough as you can see in the silver '05, these pictures of the black GT show maximum clearance and still providing protection. My liner is 1/4 inch thick and made of a superior composition that won't rot or reflect heat. The owner of this black GT first bought another liner (initials of Whiskey-Mike-Sierra) and took it off so he could put mine on. The silver GT owner already bought underhood mirrors for $300+ and found my liners before he put those mirrors on - he opted for mine and returned the mirrors. He's the VP of a Southeast Michigan Mustang Club and the very next day after my install he went to a Mustang car show, winning an award in a modded class.

I've made many liners for all sorts of cars including Porsches, Fords, Buicks, Chevys, etc, and those car owners are very happy with my liners.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt Hood Liner Question-dsc_0018.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-dsc_0021.jpg   Bullitt Hood Liner Question-dsc_0022.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bullitt Hood Liner Question