2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt on the Ground...US $39,990.00

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/07, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TJ4Cam
If Mr McQueen was alive I am sure he would not hesitate to kick that dealer in the nuts for ADM'ing that car!!
Agreed!
Old 12/14/07, 05:22 PM
Cobra R Member

the nav system is not that bad. all other companies are charging near the same for a nav system
Old 12/14/07, 05:37 PM

So to get the Nav option you can't have the Shaker 1000?
Old 12/14/07, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DJStang
So to get the Nav option you can't have the Shaker 1000?
No you do not!
Old 12/14/07, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jager
Just got a call from Al Packer Ford West down here- they want $10K over sticker.

I litterally told the sales guy his manager should put down the crack-pipe and thanked him for his time.
That is hilarious man!! Good for you.

Its yet to be seen but speculated that the new Camaro will go through basically the same thing. I think not and here is why. Chevrolet has the Corvette and Dodge and Ford dont have an equilavent. 2008 Corvettes can be had every single day of the week for 39,995. GM is not going to let the Camaro out perform the vette and they have to keep the price in check as well.

Now, I know GM dealers are just as greedy as Ford dealers and no doubt some of them will try to bump the price up ect......... The informed buyer will tell those dealers to go fly a kite and walk out laughing. There will be a handful that get screwed.

I hate to beat a dead horse but the real price that people are paying for Mustangs now a days are creaping into Corvette territory and there is just no comparison between the two cars. Special edition or not Ford is driving me away because the product is not worth the price (at least to me) and the performance numbers just dont justify the extra cost. I love the Bullitt but no way is it worth 39K. With the SGT, Bullitt and some others approaching this kind of price its hard not to look at a Corvette.

Im a tight wad and would consider giving them 500 over invoice but thats it. That goes for any so called special edition stang. At the end of the day its just a car and Ford needs to move them. While I look forward to seeing a new Mach 1 I shudder at the thought of the ADM's and all of the other bs that comes with it. I long for the day of a cheap stripped down LX mustang that is light, powerful, has no bling to it and can be modified easily. Where have those days gone?
Old 12/14/07, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

These cars can be modded VERY easily. I think the S197s have revitalized the mustang aftermarket. The MACH1 will get Adms, as will the camaro and every other hyped car. I got my bullitt for $29k... I'm sure it's worth every penny. At $39k, I'd be looking at a different car, but I love mustangs and will spend what I think the car is worth. Is the GT500 worth the adms...? IMHO... no, they are not. But, they are worth every penny of their MSRP. I love them, but no way will I pay that much for them. I'll hold out judgement for the camaro... a car I like.... but from the new pics of the production version... I'm not liking it.
Old 12/14/07, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
No you do not!
That's cool cuz I want them both
Old 12/15/07, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
the more I see that dash, the less I like it.
i agree, wish they let you swap for the dark charcoal dash.
Old 12/15/07, 09:51 AM
Cobra R Member

I suppose you could order a dark charcoal dash from a dealer's parts dept. and have it installed.
Old 12/15/07, 10:02 AM

I'm in the opposite camp - the more I see the dash the more I like it. Same with the entire car actually.
Old 12/15/07, 12:46 PM

Another one has hit the bay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12/15/07, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Chemicalman
And whoever took those pictures should go back to photo school. Why would you put blurry out of focus shots of a car your trying to sell on the ebay link. And their opening starting bid is MSRP. Hope they only get 1 bid for list and thats all.
Old 12/15/07, 03:05 PM

I have seen pics of a speedometer that went to 200 mph - this one clearly goes to 140 mph. I liked the 200 mph one better
Old 12/15/07, 03:28 PM
GT Member

And whoever took those pictures should go back to photo school. Why would you put blurry out of focus shots of a car your trying to sell on the ebay link. And their opening starting bid is MSRP. Hope they only get 1 bid for list and thats all.
Hopefuly nobody will bid and they will have to discount it just like any other Mustang (excluding GT500). They are also saying there will be a limited number made, I remember reading in another thread that there was no preset number on how many would be produced only that dealers were limited in that only 17% of there allocation could be Bullitts. I could be wrong but I hope Im not for the sake of people who want these.

Rob
Old 12/15/07, 03:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Almost every article on the Bullitt says it is limited to a production of 7700. 7000 to the USA and 700 going to Canada.
Old 12/15/07, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
Almost every article on the Bullitt says it is limited to a production of 7700. 7000 to the USA and 700 going to Canada.
Thats a bummer.

Rob
Old 12/15/07, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by chevys
That is hilarious man!! Good for you.

Its yet to be seen but speculated that the new Camaro will go through basically the same thing. I think not and here is why. Chevrolet has the Corvette and Dodge and Ford dont have an equilavent. 2008 Corvettes can be had every single day of the week for 39,995. GM is not going to let the Camaro out perform the vette and they have to keep the price in check as well.

Now, I know GM dealers are just as greedy as Ford dealers and no doubt some of them will try to bump the price up ect......... The informed buyer will tell those dealers to go fly a kite and walk out laughing. There will be a handful that get screwed.

I hate to beat a dead horse but the real price that people are paying for Mustangs now a days are creaping into Corvette territory and there is just no comparison between the two cars. Special edition or not Ford is driving me away because the product is not worth the price (at least to me) and the performance numbers just dont justify the extra cost. I love the Bullitt but no way is it worth 39K. With the SGT, Bullitt and some others approaching this kind of price its hard not to look at a Corvette.

Im a tight wad and would consider giving them 500 over invoice but thats it. That goes for any so called special edition stang. At the end of the day its just a car and Ford needs to move them. While I look forward to seeing a new Mach 1 I shudder at the thought of the ADM's and all of the other bs that comes with it. I long for the day of a cheap stripped down LX mustang that is light, powerful, has no bling to it and can be modified easily. Where have those days gone?
I agree whole-heartedly. There is nothing on the market that will touch the Corvette dollar for dollar. And the Z06 rivals many exotics as well. A tremendous bargain for what you're getting. Mustang prices are inching towards an unreasonable level, depending on the model. It's hard to say just where the Mach 1's and Boss's will end up, but I'm sure they'll be a little out of reach for the common Mustang enthusiast for the first little while.
But unfortunately, the Bullitt or regular Mustang GT is as close as you're going to get to the stripped down days of the old LX's minus the cheap price tag. A new Mustang GT is triple the price today versus what I used to pay back in the good old days.
Old 12/15/07, 07:22 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Guys, hang in there. ADMs will vanish. Just give it time. Many have already ordered them at MSRP and below. Just gotta find the right dealer.
Old 12/15/07, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you beat me to it

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...56&postcount=2
Old 12/15/07, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

You would think a dealer would advertise absolutely no ADM on the web - word of mouth, aided by the web travels fast.

Quick Reply: Bullitt on the Ground...US $39,990.00