Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

Still on the sidelines....

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/07, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Still on the sidelines....

All I can say is UGH.

its been a while since i posted here and i have read several threads and have come out depressed ... i am hopeful but none the less depressed. I am trying to understand the whole picture and I do not and will not fight the barret-jacksons of the world.

The shelby is a great sight for the mustang and I am gald it is here - IMHO - if it is sold by ford and warrantied by ford, then its a ford mustang true in and out.

I have complained in the past that it is cheap horsepower through ( supercharged ) and would rather wait for ( hope for ) a naturally asperated motor to appear soon on some specail edition ( like a mach1 ).

I use to be a Boss purist but the classic bosses are outraguiously priced on the open market and I would hate to try to insure one at this point. SO I got my Mach 1 instead.

Saleen is making a boss of somekind, right? I saw the C stripe on the model car but its not like the PJ edition car ( which i love btw ). I have seen body kits which make a current stang look-like a 69/70, i saw the italian concept car ( almost puked but i watch the video through ) ... I mean i should not be depressed because there is sooo much attention and market for mustangs.

I am depressed for Ford ... they are struggling; the Edge is getting crapy reviews, the Flex got dumped on, the 500 renamed now Taurus ... my confidence in having a strong motor car company backing the mustang is listing at 25 degrees at this point. The mustang is the only strong car they have ( expect for full size trucks ).

If Ford was in a stronger position ( and maybe they will get there! ) we can see REAL SE editions ... real distinctive motors and transmission combos. Maybe I am full of it or surrounded by german car lovers.

BTW I love the Black and Red color combo!!!!! Thank you Chuck Norris ( errr Ford ) ... can we see that on standard GTs???????

Dont take my depression in Ford to seriously ... I am just trying to see the larger picture here and keep on praying for a good 2009/2010 release year.

My hope is that a mid performer appears for the masses ... non supercharged, 6 speed, 400 HP motor. Under the platform of shelby and above the standard GT ... any news on this?
Old 5/9/07, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

The 2009 BOSS should be rated around 400hp N/A. They revamped the Hurricane program and renamed it the BOSS engine. I think it's a 5.8L motor? Can't remember though...
Old 5/9/07, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by exarkun
I am depressed for Ford ... they are struggling; the Edge is getting crapy reviews, the Flex got dumped on, the 500 renamed now Taurus ... my confidence in having a strong motor car company backing the mustang is listing at 25 degrees at this point. The mustang is the only strong car they have ( expect for full size trucks ).
Edge got crappy reviews?

Originally Posted by Consumer Reports via MSN Autos
Early impressions indicate that the ride is good, the powertrain is quite strong, and the interior is quiet. IIHS crash-test results are impressive.

Flex dumped on?
Originally Posted by Car & Driver
Perhaps Flex refers to the neck craning the Flex causes. This is a vehicle whose looks we get excited about.
Old 5/9/07, 06:42 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by exarkun
All I can say is UGH.

I am depressed for Ford ... they are struggling; the Edge is getting crapy reviews,
The reviews I've been reading on the Edge & Lincoln MKX have been pretty good. The reviewers seem to be struggling to find anything bad to say about the Edge. But of course, they have to find something bad about it becuase it's a Ford.
Old 5/10/07, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Many people just have the expectations that Ford's have to be "fixed or repaired daily." Sure, if you have something 20 years old that wasn't taken care of. But if it's kept up, it's maybe a repair every 3 months.