Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

The REBIRTH OF THE GT350 - WE WANT THE WOW - FACTOR - DONE RIGHT - ADD YOUR 2 CENTS

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/07, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The REBIRTH OF THE GT350 - WE WANT THE WOW - FACTOR - DONE RIGHT - ADD YOUR 2 CENTS

OK - the 2007 GT500, SHELBY-GTH & GT got our attention but I want more than the 2003 type Cobra supercharged motor with Shelby stripes and badges.... I want the REAL thing like Carroll made for us from 1965 - 1968 the true street racer/SHHHH race car - that's WHY Carroll started build Shelby Mustang in the first - so Ford COULD go racing with the Mustang, I think the new cars have missed that point... I want a Shelby that is soooo bad *** that the cops would follow you around town waiting for you to open her up, so you both could relive the Dukes of Hazzard thing- thats in all of us....I hate to count how many times that happened to me in my GT500 - being followed and pulled over just so the cops could check out the cool Shelby, hey buddie could you pop the hood for us...

Or all the girls who just about melted away at the site of my Shelby, asking me out on dates just to ride shotgun in the GT500, and could you please drive through the local burger joint so my friends can see me in the Shelby... Or the time a car full of girls flashed some flesh to get my attention - the guy with the hot Shelby as they told me later, always have pen and paper handy ... Did that car scream hot & sexy??? In a word - YES.... Or the guys in the so-so ok performance cars saying no way Randy - I'm not racing your GT500 that car is over-kill... Did me proud to own the car.... Or the car shows where other guys would come up and tell me how lucky I was to own a Shelby and tell their car stories and offer to buy the car on the spot... The car in a word MADE You feel well - SPECIAL..... Even at 51 - I want to feel SPECIAL again in a new GT-350... But some 30 years later - women throwing themself at me at the mere sight of a new Shelby would not help matter with my wife - not cool... Might be nice - but I'll stick with the women I love for the last 15 years...

So WE WANT THIS BORN AGAIN GT350 to be SPECIAL - WE WANT THE WOW FACTOR - with all the right Shelby parts... And we DON'T WANT CARROLL to RUSH ON THIS CAR - BUT TO TAKE HIS TIME AND DO IT RIGHT ....RIGHT ??????????????? So add your 2 cents worth, trust me this thread WILL BE SEEN BY AMY, CARROLL and the power that be at FORD - so no really expensive wild and crazy engine etc options like v6 super-dooper motors... I personally would like to see things that would tie-in to the Camalot era of Shelby's 60's GT350....

Like Shelby factory installed rollbar/shoulder harnesses, functional upper and lower side scoops, t-bird wide taillights, hood click/pins (like on the Shelby-GT) a redone modern 1967 Shelby Mustang, would make pass-out in excitement.... I'm looking for WOW & excitement in a reborn again GT350... Not just a hey look they came out with a GT500 again isn't that nice - like my Dad said to me two year ago, and he worked as a parts manager at a Ford Dealership for most of his life, this guy turned me into a car guy, and the new 2007 GT500 was just - NICE - not alot of WOW factor to impress him, the DETAILS were left out, as I state before to make it a TRUE SHELBY...It's like being on the merry-go-round and missing that brass- ring as you go around, the 2007 GT500 came very close to reaching that brass-ring but just missed it - BECAUSE the background details to make a true orginal born again Shelby were left out most likely to save money - close but no prize.... Just my 2 cents on a car that means sooo much to me that it is done just right and not rushed... Mr.GT350 Randy Anderson
Old 1/11/07, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea that ought to be about $65k MSRP with a 20k a*s f*cking attached to it. Sign me up.......
Old 1/11/07, 03:06 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Anderson

OK - the 2007 GT500, SHELBY-GTH & GT got our attention but I want more than the 2003 type Cobra supercharged motor with Shelby stripes and badges.... I want the REAL thing like Carroll made for us from 1965 - 1968 the true street racer/SHHHH race car - that's WHY Carroll started build Shelby Mustang in the first - so Ford COULD go racing with the Mustang, I think the new cars have missed that point... I want a Shelby that is soooo bad *** that the cops would follow you around town waiting for you to open her up, so you both could relive the Dukes of Hazzard thing- thats in all of us....I hate to count how many times that happened to me in my GT500 - being followed and pulled over just so the cops could check out the cool Shelby, hey buddie could you pop the hood for us...

Or all the girls who just about melted away at the site of my Shelby, asking me out on dates just to ride shotgun in the GT500, and could you please drive through the local burger joint so my friends can see me in the Shelby... Or the time a car full of girls flashed some flesh to get my attention - the guy with the hot Shelby as they told me later, always have pen and paper handy ... Did that car scream hot & sexy??? In a word - YES.... Or the guys in the so-so ok performance cars saying no way Randy - I'm not racing your GT500 that car is over-kill... Did me proud to own the car.... Or the car shows where other guys would come up and tell me how lucky I was to own a Shelby and tell their car stories and offer to buy the car on the spot... The car in a word MADE You feel well - SPECIAL..... Even at 51 - I want to feel SPECIAL again in a new GT-350... But some 30 years later - women throwing themself at me at the mere sight of a new Shelby would not help matter with my wife - not cool... Might be nice - but I'll stick with the women I love for the last 15 years...

So WE WANT THIS BORN AGAIN GT350 to be SPECIAL - WE WANT THE WOW FACTOR - with all the right Shelby parts... And we DON'T WANT CARROLL to RUSH ON THIS CAR - BUT TO TAKE HIS TIME AND DO IT RIGHT ....RIGHT ??????????????? So add your 2 cents worth, trust me this thread WILL BE SEEN BY AMY, CARROLL and the power that be at FORD - so no really expensive wild and crazy engine etc options like v6 super-dooper motors... I personally would like to see things that would tie-in to the Camalot era of Shelby's 60's GT350....

Like Shelby factory installed rollbar/shoulder harnesses, functional upper and lower side scoops, t-bird wide taillights, hood click/pins (like on the Shelby-GT) a redone modern 1967 Shelby Mustang, would make pass-out in excitement.... I'm looking for WOW & excitement in a reborn again GT350... Not just a hey look they came out with a GT500 again isn't that nice - like my Dad said to me two year ago, and he worked as a parts manager at a Ford Dealership for most of his life, this guy turned me into a car guy, and the new 2007 GT500 was just - NICE - not alot of WOW factor to impress him, the DETAILS were left out, as I state before to make it a TRUE SHELBY...It's like being on the merry-go-round and missing that brass- ring as you go around, the 2007 GT500 came very close to reaching that brass-ring but just missed it - BECAUSE the background details to make a true orginal born again Shelby were left out most likely to save money - close but no prize.... Just my 2 cents on a car that means sooo much to me that it is done just right and not rushed... Mr.GT350 Randy Anderson

"Houston... We have a problem!"

Old 1/11/07, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Dear Jester,

I just finished reading your background profile and a few of your threads and postings (your a busy guy) before reacting to your cute one liner posting above - 1 Bullitt (read your own postings/threads sometime) I shake my head in wonderment that your still allowed to post... 3365 posting I guess you don't get out much - Sad... While others on this site want to do good for the Shelby cause and relate stories dealing with the Ford Mustang you do nothing but hit & runs on everthing and everyone (again read your OWN postings & threads with a open mind) We need people to support this site to help in it's growth not to cap on everyone..... Your the reason why people like Amy may just give up on this site out of disgust - grow up.... If you can't say nice things then don't post... 3365 posts hmmmmm... Get a life..... I suppose we're going to have to endure more of your nastiness after my posting but it was worth it exposing your true nature to this site...

Houston we have a problem - and it's with you with your nasty comments.... Have a nice day...
Old 1/11/07, 04:55 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you Randy Anderson from Anderson Ford Motorsport in Illinois ? and if so..I have some questions I'd like to ask concerning your power pipe w/velocity mass air meter for the 05-07 Stang
Old 1/11/07, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, not to interrupt this "love-in", but here's an opinion from an old guy.

The problem now is that anything even looked at by Shelby is going to fetch much more than it's worth - witness the GT500 and Shelby GT. It's nuts, and certainly isn't like the old days. I remember a 427 Cobra sitting in a Ford dealer in Boston. It was indeed expensive for its day (IIRC, about $7000 when Vettes were $5000-$6000). But if you wanted a Cobra or Shelby Mustang, you just plunked down list price. Those days are gone.

But what we've got today that we didn't have back in the old days is an incredible array of parts available to build a Mustang YOUR way - right down to the stripes.

I rented a GTH a few months back, and really got the taste to have my own. Then I read about the Shelby GT and thought that was it. But you know, it ain't exactly what I want. I can build a car with the same (or better) performance but with the options I want...for a lot less $.

So you've got to ask yourself the question - do you want to drive something you really want, or do you just want to buy something that Shelby blessed?
Old 1/11/07, 04:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 1/11/07, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Rocky - Sorry no I'm not with Anderson Ford Motorsports - but I have one of their clocks in my garage.... Paul I hate doing what I did with jester but it needed to be done - we all need play nice - and respect each other here - this is our off time and we post here out of fun - not to be cute or nasty... Great comment with the popcorn eating happy face.. Randy
Old 1/11/07, 05:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just enjoying the show...

I've been disappointed w/ Shelby's offerings too.
Old 1/11/07, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
+1 here
Old 1/11/07, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

LOL...RA you are a funny guy.

Old 1/11/07, 05:47 PM
GT Member

I feel the same - I want something alot better than what is currently offer - which I know Shelby CAN DO if he puts his heart and soul into the GT350 I want a Shelby the screams WOW like my 67 Shelby... I know even at 84 ( his birthday is this month) the master CAN put one last rabbit out of that black cowboy hat of his, for his loyal fans.... One last great car... Randy
Old 1/11/07, 05:50 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
Dear Jester,

I just finished reading your background profile and a few of your threads and postings (your a busy guy) before reacting to your cute one liner posting above - 1 Bullitt (read your own postings/threads sometime) I shake my head in wonderment that your still allowed to post... 3365 posting I guess you don't get out much - Sad... While others on this site want to do good for the Shelby cause and relate stories dealing with the Ford Mustang you do nothing but hit & runs on everthing and everyone (again read your OWN postings & threads with a open mind) We need people to support this site to help in it's growth not to cap on everyone..... Your the reason why people like Amy may just give up on this site out of disgust - grow up.... If you can't say nice things then don't post... 3365 posts hmmmmm... Get a life..... I suppose we're going to have to endure more of your nastiness after my posting but it was worth it exposing your true nature to this site...

Houston we have a problem - and it's with you with your nasty comments.... Have a nice day...

I love being me!

Old 1/11/07, 06:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Webba
Yea that ought to be about $65k MSRP with a 20k a*s f*cking attached to it. Sign me up.......
+1 But would be nice to see thats for sure!!
Old 1/11/07, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the missing element isn't Shelby himself, I think it's due to the fact that the whole market is saturated with so many offerings for horsepower and speed, that we can't appreciate what he brings to the table. You have Roush, Saleen, etc. all with their own packages, that to many people, the Shelby cars are just another package. Ford's Boy Racer made 'street' is more like the car you're wanting. A true race car, made street ready. Something that makes you feel the rumble pure power of a true racer. I think that with goverment mandates, etc. that Shelby can no longer offer the equivelant of the GT500 from the 60s, today.

The Shelby cars are just too 'pretty' and with that, you have the business men who can afford them buying them. And, 9 out of 10 of those men won't ever drive them like they're intended.

Just my 2 cents.

-danny
Old 1/11/07, 09:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I know he is new....but I think Randy is due for a CT. He is really super anxious about a GT350....its like all he talk about......kinda like that "nut" that talks about nothing except a "blank" OEM Mustang grille...
Old 1/12/07, 12:04 AM
GT Member

Willing to play nice.....

Sorry folks I'm home with a cold with nothing better to do so, this site help pass the time... Am I really into Mustangs - it's my passion and I guess it shows - at one point I owned six cars - I've cut back to owning only 3 Mustangs and a 03 Civic work car... Do I mostly get what I want out of life - yes - most of the time, I do....I'm I agressive with goals - yes... If I want a new Shelby GT350 I'll work 60 -70 weeks until I reach that goal... I've been doing the same thing for 35 years and it pays pretty good... I like setting goals in life and the GT350 - will my next keeper and on that I guess I do have a one track mind in my postings ... If I came across to sternly in my dealing with Jester - you decide - as he just put it - I LOVE BEING ME (ha-ha)... Maybe were both at fault, having a head cold ofcourse did NOT put me in the best of moods in dealing with jokers like Jesters... I am sorry one and all for the GRRRRRRR.... Tired of hearing me ramble about the GT350 I guess I'll go bore some friends and family - I guess no one here is interested.... I could look up the guy who loves talking about the Shelby-GT grill he seems like fun... Randy
Old 1/12/07, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
If you want a car that will pick up babes then you need a 94 Honda Civic with a two foot wing on the back and a coffe can for a tale pipe.......Not a Shelby
Old 1/12/07, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
If you want a car that will pick up babes then you need a 94 Honda Civic with a two foot wing on the back and a coffe can for a tale pipe.......Not a Shelby
Black Sunshine, stop. I think my wife just read your post and now she is looking to leave me for you...all this talk of 94 Civics was too much for her...talk about a babe-mobile!

Old 1/12/07, 10:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it's just me but...while I love the original Shelby Mustangs I fail to see how the new one lacks the 'magic' of the originals. Case in point.

I could get the same 428CJ the 68 GT500KR came with under the hood of any run of the mill 68-1/2 Mustang, or a Fairlane/Torino for that matter. Find the GT500's engine under the hood of another Mustang and you can bet Ford didn't put it there. The same can be said of it's 6-speed tranny too.

Last time I checked the side scoops on the 68 GT500 this one is modeled after were just as non-functioning as the ones on the new car. And the old school Shelby 'roll bar' effectively existed to put 3-point seat belts into a car which didn't have them. A nice touch to be sure but last time I checked the new GT500 has 3 point seat belts already so I'm not sure what the point would be.

Hood pins? They look trick on the old muscle cars, but unless you are latching down a thin fiberglass, carbon fiber, or aluminum hood they don't serve any real purpose, and really don't serve any realistic prupose on a modern production car, so why have them?

What the GT500 does have in common with it's ancestors is, ironically, everything that really does matter. The new one looks like it's ready to suck you in through it's over-sized grille just like the 68, and the engine lays down 500hp and big block levels of torque which make sure that intimidating front fascia isn't writing a check the driveline can't cash. Being extremely attractive in general also does little to hurt the new cars argument for acceptance.

Comfort is apparently good too, with several reviewers commenting on how amazingly livable, and drivable, this car is considering the large amount of power under the hood. This is something which simply cannot be said of cars like the Z06 or Viper, vehicles which are faster but force you to compromise to get there. It's also apparently a respectable handler with fantastic steering fell, something which couldn't be said of the original GT500's even in their trime.

Are there things I might change if I could? Yeah. It would be nice if the engine was aluminum, and I'd prefer a twin screw to the rootes even if given the choice. I also don't like the wheels, and would prefer to be able to get the car without the spoiler. Of course much of this would make the car more expensive, and you simply can't please everybody with everything even in cases where it doesn't.

But you know, that's why they Kenne Bell sells aftermarket blowers, it's also why Sean Hyland sells built 6.0L aluminum short blocks, and it;s also about a million different manufacturers make aftermarket wheels. That said, I seriously cannot think of anywhere near the GT500's price that offers this level of usability, comfort, power, and style. And last I checked that is what the GT500 has always been about.

Quick Reply: The REBIRTH OF THE GT350 - WE WANT THE WOW - FACTOR - DONE RIGHT - ADD YOUR 2 CENTS