Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

2008 Mustang Sally

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/06, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mustang Sally

I had a quick peek at the 2008 Mustang order guide.

Ford will be offering a "Mustang Sally" package on the V6 Coupe or Convertible. It is an appearance package including pink lower side striping (yes PINK striping), pink seat piping, pink stitching on the IP brow and console lid amongst some other pink accents.
It will require/include Leather Trim, Premium Trim and Automatic Transmission. There are only three exterior colours available, white and the two new silver colours.

I couldn't get a printed copy.

I was surprised to see the package since there had been no mention or rumours of it.

I think the interior will look tastefull. Not sure on the pink striping, but we will order one to see how it looks.
Old 11/29/06, 03:47 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sign me up! I'm there!

Old 11/30/06, 05:49 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Interesting.

Canada only option?
hahah

Any US dealers see this too?
Old 11/30/06, 06:07 AM
Bullitt Member

No, it is not Canadian only.

The order guide I saw was a U.S. version. They have not completed the Canadian order guide yet.
Old 11/30/06, 09:37 PM
GT Member

My kid from day one of ownership of my 2003 Mach 1 has named my car Mustang Sally... And my car is NO V6...Randy Anderson
Old 12/2/06, 01:33 PM

I was part of a 2005+ mustang research group last year in Chicago and they mensioned this.

It is suppose to be a package that gives some of the profits from it for breast cancer purposes. It also comes with pink seatbelts as well. And they were proposing to have an all pink mustang for this package.

I told them give me a mach 1 instead and that if they did this that they would only sell 10 even though it was for a good cause. And it looked like it was going to be only for the pony package b/c that is all they showed in the pictures.
Old 12/3/06, 03:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just threw up in my mouth a little..................

pink on a mustang.....
Old 12/26/06, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

Was the GT in the '08 order guide?

I've read here that the GT/CS is supposed to be offered again in '08 as well? Was that listed in the order guide? I also read that the interior upgrade package w the mycolor option is going to be scrapped eventually too-is that still around in '08? I'm trying to decide if I want to order an '07 GT/CS or wait to see if the '08's get any inprovements.
Old 12/30/06, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree there will only be a select few that would buy this. I have seen, at a car show, a white 05 coupe that had full pink lemans stipes and all sorts of pinked out trim inside and out. It won a trophy. It was done well, but I still think it was the gals that voted on this car.
If it is limited production llike the "Playboy" mustang of the past, it may be good for collectability.
Old 1/3/07, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jmart0124
I've read here that the GT/CS is supposed to be offered again in '08 as well? Was that listed in the order guide? I also read that the interior upgrade package w the mycolor option is going to be scrapped eventually too-is that still around in '08? I'm trying to decide if I want to order an '07 GT/CS or wait to see if the '08's get any inprovements.
Yes, the order guide did show GT/CS for 2008 and the IUP was still shown with the two dash options.

There was no Bullitt model listed, or Dark Highland Green in the colour chart.

With only a few exceptions, 2008 is essentially a carry over line-up.
Old 1/10/07, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Rofl
Old 2/1/07, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

Official order guides?

"Yes, the order guide did show GT/CS for 2008 and the IUP was still shown with the two dash options. "

Any idea when the official order guides are out?
Old 2/9/07, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

huh? how and where did you see a 2008 Mustang order guide?
Old 3/9/07, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
PINK ON A MUSCLE CAR???? Sorry....

And besides my car is already named Sally.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Mustang Sally-23.b.jpg  
Old 3/12/07, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

just read this artile on autoblog... http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/12/f...k-l-e-mustang/

strangly enough enough just this weekend i went to "race for the cure" in baton rouge and tehy had a black GT convertible as the "offical pace car"
they also had the car there last year

seeing how ford was a big part in sponsering breast cancer awareness i can see it being a good marketing move... it was cool seing a black gt as the pace car but i think having it complete will pink stripes and interior stitching would definately be a move to show even more support for the cause...

from the autoblog page it sounds like a very few will actully be order and will barely cost ford anything.

Old 3/12/07, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by afcop13
I just threw up in my mouth a little..................

pink on a mustang.....
Sure, why not? It certainly is for a great cause. Not my style or speed by a long shot, but if it sells and makes money, then what's the problem and who are we to knock it, right ... unless one want's to constrict the image of a "proper" Mustang so very narrowly as to be little other than a big-motored muscle car, that is...

Mustang's have always had a large women's market too (remember the Grande or Ghia for example?), probably well exceeding the more hard core if iconic muscle/pony car performance market. Heck, it's been in large part because of the legion of ladies ponying up for their "stylish" and comfortable Grande's and Ghias that have helped the Mustang survive. Indeed, in '69 for example, the Grande outsold the two Boss models and all the Shelby models combined by some 400%, never mind the gizzillion 4 and 6 cylinder coupes and verts sold to women that were anything but a snorting he-man musclecar!

So if the gals want pink, let'm have it.

Of course, though, there were many gals who bought the snorting, she-woman(?) musclecar versions too and probably more than a few fab guys tooling around in Ghias and Grandes...
Old 3/12/07, 06:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mstang
I had a quick peek at the 2008 Mustang order guide.

Ford will be offering a "Mustang Sally" package on the V6 Coupe or Convertible. It is an appearance package including pink lower side striping (yes PINK striping), pink seat piping, pink stitching on the IP brow and console lid amongst some other pink accents.
It will require/include Leather Trim, Premium Trim and Automatic Transmission. There are only three exterior colours available, white and the two new silver colours.

I couldn't get a printed copy.

I was surprised to see the package since there had been no mention or rumours of it.

I think the interior will look tastefull. Not sure on the pink striping, but we will order one to see how it looks.
They are going after Mary Kay Cosmetics or more of a femail sale with this combo ? So that's what they did after selling part of Austin Martin off ??
Old 3/12/07, 06:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
There was an article in the Detroit News today about this special model. It is for breast cancer research -- a portion of the profit on each model sold goes to Karmanos Cancer Center.
Old 3/14/07, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarpi
PINK ON A MUSCLE CAR???? Sorry....

And besides my car is already named Sally.
When I said the above, I didn't know the car was for breast cancer research. It's a good idea if it helps the cause of breast cancer research. Here's another pink one from Barrett Jackson car show!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Mustang Sally-72.b.jpg  
Old 3/14/07, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

i agree, it defininatly make since to make a pink one for a cause... but just a pink stang with no good reason, now that would be crazy

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustang Sally