2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Supply of SGTs high?

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/07, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supply of SGTs high?

I just got back from a business trip to Vegas, where I had gone to Shelby for a T-shirt. There was a veritable ocean of black and white GTs out on the lot awaiting Shelbyizing. Aren't we getting near the end of the model year? There seemed to be thousands of cars at Shelby, and none of them were '08 Vista Blue ones, either. My local dealer will take sticker price for their SGT, and the new Blue 'verts kinda make the "take-it-or-leave-it-black-or-white" ones seem so "last year". Are we going to see a drop in price on the '07s? I'm just surprised at the huge inventory. What gives? ...and no, I didnt' have a camera with me.
Old 6/30/07, 09:22 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1600-1900 where there in mid Jun. They will continue to build 07 SGTs until Aug. They will begin building 08 SGTs in September.

There are plenty of good deals out there on 07 SGTs. You can even get 0% financing on them.

Check out ebay and http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=955 for SGTs in the mid to high 30s. No one who does their home work should pay more than MSRP on an 07 as there are plenty of deals out there for below MSRP.

Saw one sell on ebay yesterday for $35K http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1801529&rd=1,1
Old 6/30/07, 12:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah...I think thats why they are cutting production way down for next year...They think they made too many I guess...
Old 6/30/07, 08:08 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
It doesn't make any diference to Shelby Autos since it gets paid up front and they seem to have the ability to modify their projected estimates in last four months of the year if they keep their existing monthly average. My guess is the preparation required for the introduction of their next offering, likely to be the GT350.
Old 7/1/07, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Yeah...I think thats why they are cutting production way down for next year...They think they made too many I guess...
I don't think that too many were made , they just over MSRP'd everything outta peoples affordability.
Old 7/1/07, 07:20 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

The 2008 SGT coupe MSRP is ~$1300 more than the 2007 SGT. $1110 more for the Shelby Conversion + ~$200 more for the Premium GT
Old 7/2/07, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I don't think that too many were made , they just over MSRP'd everything outta peoples affordability.
IMO the issue is they didnt advertise these at all. H*ll Ford employees dotn even know what the thing is.
Old 7/3/07, 11:02 AM
GT Member

There are a lot of people still waiting for cars. Then there are some that dealers bought on Spec. These are where you will find the best deals. Most dealers were not aware that the car was on their plan the day it left Ford for SAI that means they're soon paying interest on a car that's sitting in Vegas. Additionally they didn't know that the SAI work isn't included in their plan and was due to SAI when the car was completed, not sold. So if you see a car on a dealer's lot you can be pretty sure they're paying interest on the car and are about $7500 out of pocket on it. Some have tried to make this back with hefty ADM but this just made the issue worse and the deeper they get the more apt they are to deal. Oh, except Breaderman Ford in Glenview IL, that STILL wants 10K over MSRP.
Old 7/3/07, 02:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
blah, I just put them on Ebay at MSRP no muss no fuss
Old 7/7/07, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

My dealer still has the one they had when I ordered my car back in February. Back then they had a $20k ADM on it. Now it's marked up about $3k. The bottom line with the car is that it's overpriced for what it is. Yeah, yeah, it's a Shelby...
Old 7/7/07, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just seen 2 roll around town here this week, both SGT and talk to one owner and she told me she paid invoice with the rebate and 0%. This was the only way she would buy the car and the dealer took 5 days to call her back for a deal.
Old 7/7/07, 10:33 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by RobK
The bottom line with the car is that it's overpriced for what it is. Yeah, yeah, it's a Shelby...

Rob, admit it. you're a closest SGT lover. Stop fighting it. You know you want one. Sure the extra 10K only gets you 19hp. But that 19hp looks good.
Old 7/7/07, 10:56 PM

I got in one today, and was granted the keys. The sales manager told me I could have it today for a little over MSRP. I replied I can have one anytime I want for five hundred over invoice. He appeared perplexed. He countered by stating the car had $10K worth of upgrades so I countered by telling him it was actually $2K for the wheel/tire package, $3K worth of mods, and $6K for the Shelby badge. The double grille and the bent hood scoop were complemetary. THE END.

This was the first time I was able to do some shifting. Does every Shelby GT have the same noisy shifter? It feels just like the Roush shifter. No question about it, it's precise but it would drive me up the wall.
Old 7/7/07, 11:02 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

George, when I first read the first line of your post I thought you said "I got one today". I about fell off my chair and thought "what? no way!" Then I reread and realized the world still made sense.

At invoice and 0% financing they do sound more appealing. Bare bones 07 SGT would be ~$35K

Now we are only talking about an extra $8390 for those $3K of mods.
Old 7/7/07, 11:29 PM

I drove 90 miles to that dealer just to see what a GT500 without the PITP looked like. The sales manager was a complete snob when I asked if he wanted to deal.

So... I said to myself "... OK! I'll show some interest on the Shelby GT instead".

The bait was set and five minutes later I caught myself a live one.

Old 7/8/07, 05:52 PM
FR500 Member

One of the dealers here "magically" made the 10K ADM disappear... and they still want too much for their SGT. (over sticker) IIRC, car's been sitting on the lot for nearly 5 mos.
Old 7/9/07, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Rob, admit it. you're a closest SGT lover. Stop fighting it. You know you want one. Sure the extra 10K only gets you 19hp. But that 19hp looks good.

Awww, you got me Mark! That's it indeed! I'm not nearly as interested in performance and quality of workmanship as I am in propping up Caroll's retirement fund! I'm very pleased with my generic GT.
Old 7/26/07, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Webba
IMO the issue is they didnt advertise these at all. H*ll Ford employees dotn even know what the thing is.

The whole Shelby setup thing is too one dimensional to begin with IMO. It would be nice to see Shelby Automotive expand into Canada. There are people in mustang clubs and other people that I have spoken to that would love to buy the car up here, (I know of 3 in our club) but don't want the customs hassles. I'm sure meeting Transport Canada's bumper criteria is not all that stringent. After all; is there not a Ford plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada ?
Old 7/26/07, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

With the state Ford is in I have no doubt if it wasnt that hard to meet the canadian requirements they would do so and sell them up there. They like you dont want the hassle I guess.
Old 7/26/07, 06:23 PM

Visited Ford of Clermont, (Clermont Florida) last week. He has a White Shelby GT, sitting in the showroom with a "bump up sticker" of $10,000.
I just laughed at the salesman. Clermont is also a Saleen dealer, but was not interested.

One good thing about this house. The salesman was the only salesman who sent me a "thank you" card for visiting, in my mail. Could not believe it. (and I've visited a lot of Ford dealers).

Whats with these dealers? Another local dealer, (Mullinax Ford of Apopka Florida) is a Roush dealer. Do they think they are going to make a fortune on these Saleen and Roush? They both were really trying to get me to buy one, until I pointed out that I want a car that I can get warranty work done anywhere, at any Ford dealer. No thanks to Saleen or Roush.

Quick Reply: Supply of SGTs high?