2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Shelbyexperience.com

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/06, 10:04 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelbyexperience.com

All, we are taking submissions for the new Shelby Experience site, so if you own one, rented one, had one, want one, please submit you stories and photos to the site. This includes cobras, mustangs old and new, dodges, all things shelby

thanks

Amy
Old 12/31/06, 09:01 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

That might rule out the '07 SVT GT500.

Old 1/1/07, 12:02 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Send it to Las Vegas for the Limited Edition 40th Anniversary treatment Then it will be official!
Old 1/1/07, 12:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Amy, I'll add something that may get some people buzzing. Now, I don't have the pics on my laptop (they're on my work computer, and I can add them on Tuesday), but I had the priviledge to see in person CSX2287! For those who don't know the number, this is the legendary "Lost Cobra Daytona". The one that Phil Spector had in his possession for some time, then gave to his manager/friend, then the daughter got it.

Then the woman who had it, refused to talk about the car (for almost 20 years), refused to sell it (turned away Carroll himself) and eventually set herself on fire under a bridge in California. The car eventually ended up in a private collection for $4,000,000!!! The car is in the same condition it was found in, sands the letters on the doors that Spector added when he had it. I'll post pics in a few days, but when I heard where the car was, and met the owner, I asked (beg is a better term) to visit the collection. Once I saw it, it was like seeing the "Holy Grail" of barn finds. It was an amazing site.
Old 1/1/07, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Daltondavid
Send it to Las Vegas for the Limited Edition 40th Anniversary treatment Then it will be official!

Sure!

I would like nothing better than to be at the same level as the Stalker and West Coast Customs. That would really make it official.

Shelby Autos has done a magnificent job with the Shelby GT and the Shelby GT-H, nothing short than instant classics done in excellent taste. On the other Mustangs, well, it's mods for the sake of flamboyant rice modding. They have nowhere to go with the GT500.
Old 1/1/07, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Amy, I'll add something that may get some people buzzing. Now, I don't have the pics on my laptop (they're on my work computer, and I can add them on Tuesday), but I had the priviledge to see in person CSX2287! For those who don't know the number, this is the legendary "Lost Cobra Daytona". The one that Phil Spector had in his possession for some time, then gave to his manager/friend, then the daughter got it.

Then the woman who had it, refused to talk about the car (for almost 20 years), refused to sell it (turned away Carroll himself) and eventually set herself on fire under a bridge in California. The car eventually ended up in a private collection for $4,000,000!!! The car is in the same condition it was found in, sands the letters on the doors that Spector added when he had it. I'll post pics in a few days, but when I heard where the car was, and met the owner, I asked (beg is a better term) to visit the collection. Once I saw it, it was like seeing the "Holy Grail" of barn finds. It was an amazing site.

Ok, That would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!

Amy
Old 1/1/07, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

There is no car called the svt gt500, its a shelby GT500.... send in the pictures.

Amy
Old 1/1/07, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Amy, this is a great idea!!!! I just wish I had something to contribute!! Maybe someday!!
Old 1/1/07, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
hey amy, a little off topic, but when are the 1/64 diecasts of the 2007 GT500 going to be hitting shelves?? Please say soon
Old 1/1/07, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by amyb
There is no car called the svt gt500, its a shelby GT500.... send in the pictures.

Amy
Yes there is, not necessarily, and no thanks.

"Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owner’s Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that we’re currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.
Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I’ll get you approved right away. Thank you."
Old 1/1/07, 09:01 PM

I recall years ago that the 68-70 Shelbys were looked down upon as they were not produced in Venice or Los Angeles Shelby Plants. the FORD Bean counters determined their fate. so 40 years later the GT500 is revived and along with it, an all new SHELBY/FORD Controversy!! who was it that said they did not care what people say about them, it is only when they stop talking about you that you need to care?? this Fire will be burning fo YEARS!
Old 1/1/07, 10:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I think George is on to something. I did a google search on "SVT GT 500" and there were 153 hits.

Just out of curiousity I also searched on "Shelby GT 500" and there were 248,000 hits.

Obviously the SVT is rarer and will be worth more.
Old 1/2/07, 08:52 AM
GT Member

I am not sure if this is the kind of thing that is supposed to be included as the “Shelby experience” or if this is just the Ford dealership experience.<O</O
<O</O

I originally fell in love with Mustangs and especially the Shelby Mustang when I was in 3rd grade and spent a weekend road trip in my best-friend's dad's 1966. It was awesome!

<O</OFrom that point on I have owned a couple of Mustangs and always thought how great it would be to own a new Shelby. Several times I considered going the Unique Performance route, but never ended up pulling the trigger.

<O</OThen, when I got wind of the 2007 Shelby GT-500 I thought I had found my next toy car for sure...that was until I actually tried to purchase one. I was given the run around more times than I care to count and not to mention the dealer mark-up crap. And from what I have heard, the Shelby GT will be no different.

<O</OAfter having several of these “experiences” I decided to jump ship and bought a Porsche. That experience was great. I was able to feel good about making a purchase where I knew I was treated with respect and dignity. I also knew I was purchasing a car that was a real enthusiasts car made by a company that respected both its customers and heritage...a feeling that I do not really get from Ford/Shelby right now.

<O</OSo for me, I have had two first hand Shelby experiences, both of which will last me a lifetime. The first as a child was amazing...the most recent has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 1/2/07, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sadly, my story is very close to yours minus the Porsche. But the rest is the same. I think it is the same with alot of people lately and it is a shame to Ford. Hopefully the lesson gets learned but I doubt it.
Old 1/2/07, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ecmazza

<O</OAfter having several of these “experiences” I decided to jump ship and bought a Porsche. That experience was great. I was able to feel good about making a purchase where I knew I was treated with respect and dignity. I also knew I was purchasing a car that was a real enthusiasts car made by a company that respected both its customers and heritage...a feeling that I do not really get from Ford/Shelby right now.

<O</OSo for me, I have had two first hand Shelby experiences, both of which will last me a lifetime. The first as a child was amazing...the most recent has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Wow, I am in the middle of the same process, right down to the colour!!!

Subsititue SVT for Shelby and word for word.
Old 1/2/07, 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok, That would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!

Amy
Okay Amy, here ya go. I promised pics of CSX2287 on Tuesday, and I wanted to fulfill my promise. Below are several pics of the "Lost Daytona". The lighting wasn't the best, but you can get an idea of the car. Hope you enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails Shelbyexperience.com-shelby_daytona_5.jpg   Shelbyexperience.com-shelby_daytona_1.jpg   Shelbyexperience.com-shelby_daytona_2.jpg   Shelbyexperience.com-shelby_daytona_3.jpg   Shelbyexperience.com-shelby_daytona_4.jpg  

Old 1/2/07, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Okay Amy, here ya go. I promised pics of CSX2287 on Tuesday, and I wanted to fulfill my promise. Below are several pics of the "Lost Daytona". The lighting wasn't the best, but you can get an idea of the car. Hope you enjoy!!

Thanks Jeff, that is very sweet. I will forward to rich for the new site. much appreciated!

On the SVT gt500, Let me clarify, the current Shelby Gt500 was going to be called SVT Cobra, Then they got Shelby involved, It became the Ford Shelby cobra, then it became the Shelby cobra Gt500, It was finalized as the Ford Shelby Gt500 by SVT. The Gt500 name belongs to Carroll 100%.

If there is an older SVT gt500, please enlighten me as I asked carroll about it and he didnt know

Amy
Old 1/2/07, 05:24 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I let George explain why he choses to call his an SVT GT 500
Old 1/2/07, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by crayonbreaking
hey amy, a little off topic, but when are the 1/64 diecasts of the 2007 GT500 going to be hitting shelves?? Please say soon
We are working on the tools now for this and the shelby Gt and Gt-H.

Amy
Old 1/2/07, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jeff, that is very sweet.....the Ford Shelby Gt500 by SVT. The Gt500 name belongs to Carroll 100%.

If there is an older SVT gt500, please enlighten me as I asked carroll about it and he didnt know

Amy
There is no older SVT GT500, this is the only one, Amy...BTW, isn't GT350 owned by Mr. Shelby as well?