2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Salesmen can't sell me Shelby GT MSRP now

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06 | 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy Salesmen can't sell me Shelby GT MSRP now

A month ago he told me to stop back when he had more info on the Shelby GT.After work today I stop in to see him and he said he's unable to sell me the Shelby GT for MSRP let alone get one from him.

Tells me that theres a $2,500 fee right off the bat on top of the MSRP for shipping and another 15K on top.On top of what ,I said.....his reply?Donno yet.Another guy came out jumped in the conversation(at this time I was just starin at these two guys going back n forth)and he says NO! the ole mans putting them up for action!lolol Was pretty funny .

But I was really pretty bummed .

I'm not giving up though.I went threw this with the new GT in 05 and got the deal I wanted.Theres other dealers and know one of those 8 to 10,000 Shelby GT's are gonna be mine .

Here we go again hehe.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:00 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

This type of anticipation is going to fuel exactly what happened with the GT500. It's a waste of time to be inquiring about the car when it is widely known no official ordering information has been released, thus creating an unrealistic demand which the dealers will cash in on.

Several scenarios will develop. Either pay more, wait longer, or not get one at all.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Buy a Mustang GT.......Unless your looking for bragging rights that you own a "Shelby". You'll enjoy it just as much........
Old 10/4/06 | 06:05 PM
FR500 Member

Already? 3rd scenario for me, please.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
This type of anticipation is going to fuel exactly what happened with the GT500. It's a waste of time to be inquiring about the car when it is widely known no official ordering information has been released, thus creating an unrealistic demand which the dealers will cash in on.

Several scenarios will develop. Either pay more, wait longer, or not get one at all.
Well...I did'nt go there with a band and standing on my head saying gimmeee gimmmeee .

Trying to get some info on an upcoming product is not a waiste of time.
What creates unrealistic demand are people who have unrealistic moola .

To Quote an episode from Seinfeld:"Soooooooooo how long do we wait?Whats the waiting rule?"

All kiddin aside though....I get your point BULLIT.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey John, all that guy is doing is making himself look like a total idiot! There is no info to us dealers yet. We probably won't know anything till close to the end of the year. And there is no extra surcharge for the car. The $1,500 fee to sell the GT500 covers the new Shelby GT (I believe). I have my list of all the TMS members who contacted me on this car, and once I get CONCRETE info, I will contact people to let them know what I know. Only thing you can do, is sit and wait it out.

And this is just a personal opinion. If any dealer out there truely believes that these new Shelbys should be marked up, should just close shop now, since they don't care about making friends, and keeping customers happy. I love this car that Shelby decided to do, and even I, as a salesman, know that this car doesn't deserve a mark-up, since its really a GT Mustang with the FRPP Packs added, warranty attached, along with a few other items, and assembled in Las Vegas (which is WAY COOL!!). I can't wait to see these in person. Thanks Carroll for helping us out, and adding another car to the stable. Now, I just hope all the dealers will keep the sanity and keep the price at the window sticker, so the real enthusiasts will get their hands on them, but I doubt it.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:45 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

It is laughable that some dealers are plotting to make a $35 -36K car which to start with it is over priced and does not command more the $33K, a $50K plus sale. If there was such a great market in that price range, Roush, Saleen, and a few others would be selling a lot more of their top end models which happen to offer a lot more than the Shelby GT.

In the long run, Shelby Autos will be a casualty of this greed.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea I figure most of it was BS they were talking 05fordgt .But I had to at least go back to see what was up.I'm just going to watch for updates at TMS or you before I go hoofin again.

I replyed to your post awhile back 05fordgt.He was the guy I told you about in the post.

I sent you my name,ph# and address awhile back if he did'nt come threw.So I think I'm on your list.

And thanks for the info 05fordgt it's greatly appreciated.

-John
Old 10/4/06 | 06:55 PM
GT Member

The GT's got ADM's the GT 500 got ADM's, the Shelby GT will get ADM's. It sucks, but it's a fact. I would expect around 5-8k at first. No one knows for sure, just my guess. The GT 500 may have taken some of the heat off of the Shelby GT as far as the "gotta havit" buyers, but the Shelby GT will be priced less and opens the market to a new group of potential buyers. People who couldn't shuck out 55-70 k, might pull the trigger for 40-45.
Old 10/4/06 | 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
Buy a Mustang GT.......Unless your looking for bragging rights that you own a "Shelby". You'll enjoy it just as much........
Already own one .
Old 10/4/06 | 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
The GT's got ADM's the GT 500 got ADM's, the Shelby GT will get ADM's. It sucks, but it's a fact. I would expect around 5-8k at first. No one knows for sure, just my guess. The GT 500 may have taken some of the heat off of the Shelby GT as far as the "gotta havit" buyers, but the Shelby GT will be priced less and opens the market to a new group of potential buyers. People who couldn't shuck out 55-70 k, might pull the trigger for 40-45.
what he said
Old 10/5/06 | 12:45 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I love the Shelby GT, but things like this makes a 2008 GT at X-plan price with a ROUSHcharger seem that much more appealing.

Let's see?
415 hp Mustang GT (in the color/stripe combo I want, with Roush super charger) for ~$35K

or
325hp Shelby GT (currently offered in no color combo I particularly like) for ~$36K (if I'm lucky)
Old 10/5/06 | 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stangers
Yea I figure most of it was BS they were talking 05fordgt .But I had to at least go back to see what was up.I'm just going to watch for updates at TMS or you before I go hoofin again.

I replyed to your post awhile back 05fordgt.He was the guy I told you about in the post.

I sent you my name,ph# and address awhile back if he did'nt come threw.So I think I'm on your list.

And thanks for the info 05fordgt it's greatly appreciated.

-John
No problem John. When I get more info, I'll be happy to post it.
Old 10/6/06 | 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Hi Jeff,

Please add me to your list of people to contact when you have more information on the new Shelby GT. I live in the Harrisburg, PA area, so I'm not too far from where your dealership is located. Thanks!
Old 10/7/06 | 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ddd1968rt
Hi Jeff,

Please add me to your list of people to contact when you have more information on the new Shelby GT. I live in the Harrisburg, PA area, so I'm not too far from where your dealership is located. Thanks!
Hey 1968, I'll be happy to add you to the list. Right now, as it stands, I have over a dozen people, and I highly doubt I'll get anywhere near that many cars to sell, but I will keep your name on it. If you can do me a favor, send me a PM, with your name and a number I can contact you at. This way, I have it in my inbox. Thanks again.
Old 10/25/06 | 09:12 AM

Buy a GT/CS, add billit grill, hood pins and a scoop. upgrade exhoust and add K&N filter for 20 to 30 HP and you got something very close.

and its really yours. you built it.
Old 10/25/06 | 10:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
+1. I was lucky enough to get mine for 500 below dealer invoice as they screwed up my order and had to re-order it. But that being said, you can probably get a fully loaded GT for about 27,000 and make it into whatever you want with the countless mods that are available.
Old 10/25/06 | 10:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
+1. I was lucky enough to get mine for 500 below dealer invoice as they screwed up my order and had to re-order it. But that being said, you can probably get a fully loaded GT for about 27,000 and make it into whatever you want with the countless mods that are available.
That is all well and good, and I certainly cannot say I disagree in making the car 'yours' with taking this path. However, sources close to Shelby (ie. AmyB) have stated there are many "interesting options" coming our way. Most of which I'd say we should see at SEMA or shortly there after, so I'm thinking judgement of the Shelby GT should be held until that time.

Of course I am biased since I already have money down on one.

Can anyone say S/Cer, 6-speed, CS Rims, perhaps a total "GT350 conversion package" & more?

Old 10/25/06 | 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stangers
A month ago he told me to stop back when he had more info on the Shelby GT.After work today I stop in to see him and he said he's unable to sell me the Shelby GT for MSRP let alone get one from him.

Tells me that theres a $2,500 fee right off the bat on top of the MSRP for shipping and another 15K on top.On top of what ,I said.....his reply?Donno yet.Another guy came out jumped in the conversation(at this time I was just starin at these two guys going back n forth)and he says NO! the ole mans putting them up for action!lolol Was pretty funny .

But I was really pretty bummed .

I'm not giving up though.I went threw this with the new GT in 05 and got the deal I wanted.Theres other dealers and know one of those 8 to 10,000 Shelby GT's are gonna be mine .

Here we go again hehe.
That is essentially what happened to me when I found out about the GT500 days before the offical Ford press release, went into my dealer with check in hand, and they said "wait & be patient". Well here I am 1.5 years later and no GT500 parked in the driveway.

So...when I found out about the Shelby GT and thankfully found a new dealer who knows more about Mustangs than I do (barely), I again was there with check in hand and low and behold, I've got a deposit down for a new one! Good luck in your pursuit!!