2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Ordered one today - 2 basic questions - Amy? others?

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/06, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered one today - 3 basic questions - Amy? others?

1. I see in the FAQ on the shelby site that a supercharger will be available in early 07, but you must own the car first.

- Does this mean I need to take delievery, then add it later. Or, once I have purchased it from my dealer I can add it.

- Basically - what will I need to do to get the supercharger? I don't really want to ship it back to vegas. Can I get it before hand? Do I order through you, my dealer etc? Can my dealer install it? Waranty etc? I'm confused as to how to get mine supercharged.

2. Any way to get polished wheels from the get-go on a black one?

3. Any way to get the gt-h hood? I'd prefer no hood scoop if it is not functional.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 12/22/06, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by greengiant
1. I see in the FAQ on the shelby site that a supercharger will be available in early 07, but you must own the car first.

- Does this mean I need to take delievery, then add it later. Or, once I have purchased it from my dealer I can add it.

- Basically - what will I need to do to get the supercharger? I don't really want to ship it back to vegas. Can I get it before hand? Do I order through you, my dealer etc? Can my dealer install it? Waranty etc? I'm confused as to how to get mine supercharged.

3. Any way to get the gt-h hood? I'd prefer no hood scoop if it is not functional.

Thanks a bunch.
too many questions ... confused ... i think ... [sparks] ... no wait ... [sparks] ... um ... order the GT premium w/ upfitter package....

yeah ... upfitter ...
Old 12/23/06, 08:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks a bunch.

Currently,

1. You can get the SC but you have to do the Las Vegas pick up or you can arrange alternate transportation for your vehicle from Las Vegas to your house/dealership. That is what some people are doing on other threads.

2. If you want the polished wheels on black I am positive you either have to buy the polished razors, get your dealership to trade some polished ones for black ones, or buy aftermarket. (I have checked into this one extensively-prefer polished with my black one as well)

3. You can get the GT-H hood as well. (I will be getting that among other things) Again though see the first answer. You have to do Las Vegas pick up or arrange alternate transportation.

Now this is all based on answers from AmyB and others on multiple sites. It may change later but that is what I have read consistently so far.

Good luck and be sure to post pics of your car when you get it!

Old 12/23/06, 08:45 AM

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. Do you arrange for the supercharger/hood through the dealer, or call Shelby once you have the VIN etc?
Old 12/23/06, 08:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. Do you arrange for the supercharger/hood through the dealer, or call Shelby once you have the VIN etc?
Call Shelby once you have the VIN. You arrange for all mods including any more from here:

http://shelbyautos.com/MustangParts2.asp

Happy hunting!
Old 12/28/06, 10:05 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by MilStang
Currently,

1. You can get the SC but you have to do the Las Vegas pick up or you can arrange alternate transportation for your vehicle from Las Vegas to your house/dealership. That is what some people are doing on other threads.

2. If you want the polished wheels on black I am positive you either have to buy the polished razors, get your dealership to trade some polished ones for black ones, or buy aftermarket. (I have checked into this one extensively-prefer polished with my black one as well)

3. You can get the GT-H hood as well. (I will be getting that among other things) Again though see the first answer. You have to do Las Vegas pick up or arrange alternate transportation.

Now this is all based on answers from AmyB and others on multiple sites. It may change later but that is what I have read consistently so far.

Good luck and be sure to post pics of your car when you get it!

Thanks mil, and everyone who answered this.

The only thing i see you missed is the hood, you get the hood with scoop, it doesn't come anyother way, you can upgrade to a Gt-H hood, or you can buy another branded hood after you take delivery, but it does come with the non functional hood, but we will give you the template if you want to make it functional

Amy
Old 12/29/06, 01:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Thanks mil, and everyone who answered this.

The only thing i see you missed is the hood, you get the hood with scoop, it doesn't come anyother way, you can upgrade to a Gt-H hood, or you can buy another branded hood after you take delivery, but it does come with the non functional hood, but we will give you the template if you want to make it functional

Amy
Whoops, guess I wasn't clear enough on that. Greengiant, I will be paying to upgrade the hood to the GT-H...you can too.