2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Good news/ Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/07, 07:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news/ Bad news

Well I am very excited. Changed out the steering wheel tonight. The Carbon fiber GT500 retrofit looks pretty good. Not really a big deal at all. Just a little time and patience along with following the tech bulletins on proper removal of the air bag and steering wheel. That's the good news.
Here are some before and after pics:
Before:

After:

Now the bad:
While I'm changing the steering wheel I look down near the drivers front fender on the garage floor and find a puddle under the directional light. Thought it may have been water but I'm thinking from what? I have not had the car out except for a short ride to Tasca Ford on Thursday.
Looks like the Whipple Intercooler pump connections have loosened and are leaking fluid. Both the radiatior and intercooler tanks are low on fluid. Need to check more tomorrow. I'm also going to pull the dipstick, just in case. Seems like for the small amount of fluid on the floor there is much more missing from both tanks. This might not be a good thing. Got to get it checked fast. This cars is going to Vegas in 3 weeks
Old 12/8/07, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmmmn that's bad,make sure you have that fixed before your car overheats or something...
Old 12/8/07, 11:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, good thing you noticed now and not after the engine heated up running down the road somewhere!
Old 12/12/07, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Steering wheel looks awesome!
Old 12/12/07, 01:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Wheel looks great, hope you get the leak problem solved
without any further trouble.
Old 12/12/07, 06:42 PM
V6 Member

Leak fixed

Looks like the leak in at the intercooler pump is fixed. From the expansion tank to the intercooler pump there are 2 hoses connected to one another. One comes from the intercooler pump and has a 90degree bend. The other is the hose from the expansion tank. There is a coupler with 2 adel clamps on each end. The top clamp was loose, leaking fluid and following it to the lowest point of the hose which was the intercooler pump nipple fitting. Tighten the clamp, checked all other and fixed! Easy and only a minor concern.

Old 12/18/07, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice work bro!
Old 12/20/07, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rossgt
Looks like the leak in at the intercooler pump is fixed. From the expansion tank to the intercooler pump there are 2 hoses connected to one another. One comes from the intercooler pump and has a 90degree bend. The other is the hose from the expansion tank. There is a coupler with 2 adel clamps on each end. The top clamp was loose, leaking fluid and following it to the lowest point of the hose which was the intercooler pump nipple fitting. Tighten the clamp, checked all other and fixed! Easy and only a minor concern.
at least it wasn't blinker fluid

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6