2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Ford Listened to my request Las Vegas pickup!

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/06, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Listened to my request Las Vegas pickup!

"There will also be an option to pick it up at the las vegas facility so you can have options added, this is all being worked on right now, sorry for the delay" ~ Amy

I copied this from BON. This is great news.

She also said right around $35k.
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_64413-->
Old 11/22/06, 08:49 AM

What is BON? I've seen this before, but don't know....
Old 11/22/06, 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
"There will also be an option to pick it up at the las vegas facility so you can have options added, this is all being worked on right now, sorry for the delay" ~ Amy

I copied this from BON. This is great news.

She also said right around $35k.
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_64413-->
Now that is what I am talking about! This has been brought up many times in the past and I am glad that it has been given the green light.
Old 11/22/06, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 66gtk
What is BON? I've seen this before, but don't know....
BON = Blue Oval News website....that's great confirmaiton of the $35K price for the Shelby!! Getting it through Shelby in Vegas will eleminate the ADM??
Old 11/22/06, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

You will get to buy it thru the local dealerships, but you can pick it up at SA in Vegas is my understanding. Airfare into Vegas is cheap, I wonder why.
Old 11/25/06, 09:10 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by The Reverend
You will get to buy it thru the local dealerships, but you can pick it up at SA in Vegas is my understanding. Airfare into Vegas is cheap, I wonder why.

correct, you will buy it thru your dealer, and be able to pick it up in LV, that will work for those that want a supercharger and other upgrades I cant offer thru the dealer

Amy
Old 11/27/06, 10:42 AM

I think the thread is here:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...?showforum=114
Old 11/28/06, 05:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by amyb
correct, you will buy it thru your dealer, and be able to pick it up in LV, that will work for those that want a supercharger and other upgrades I cant offer thru the dealer

Amy
Amy, one more question. If we buy the car from a dealership and then go to SA for the S/C etc I am guessing it is not wrapped up in the one car financing but that we have to either have cash or take out another loan for the Shelby extras?

Besides getting my dream car I have to also make sure I can easily afford it all. I just moved again, hopefully I will stay here for way more than one year, and bought a house. So it is always a little more to get settled in while buying a new car as well.

<disclaimer> No this does not mean I am stretching my money thin and hurting my family, so no one needs to jump on the bash me bandwagon.
Old 11/28/06, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MilStang
Amy, one more question. If we buy the car from a dealership and then go to SA for the S/C etc I am guessing it is not wrapped up in the one car financing but that we have to either have cash or take out another loan for the Shelby extras?

Besides getting my dream car I have to also make sure I can easily afford it all. I just moved again, hopefully I will stay here for way more than one year, and bought a house. So it is always a little more to get settled in while buying a new car as well.

<DISCLAIMER>No this does not mean I am stretching my money thin and hurting my family, so no one needs to jump on the bash me bandwagon.
Hi Mil, I expect you are correct. Only the items thru Ford can be financed, I will check with the team here to see what the options are.

Amy
Old 11/29/06, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldnt be surprised if you could finance those options. It would be like ordering a cab and chassis truck and then having the dealer put on the custom bed or service body. But who knows.
Old 11/29/06, 02:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Right Webba, I have seen that before as well. Just trying to get all my plans in order, including a pre-approved loan when I go pick up my car in Las Vegas if I need it.
Old 11/29/06, 09:49 PM

Sorry if this has been answered before, but do I have the option of bringing in my own 2006 or 2007 (new or gently used) Mustang to LV for full conversion? If so, do I get a factory warranty and Shelby American serial number? Or is it just another clone? Also, can I bring in the Mustang with the color of my choice and still leave with a Shelby?
Old 11/30/06, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 66gtk
Sorry if this has been answered before, but do I have the option of bringing in my own 2006 or 2007 (new or gently used) Mustang to LV for full conversion? If so, do I get a factory warranty and Shelby American serial number? Or is it just another clone? Also, can I bring in the Mustang with the color of my choice and still leave with a Shelby?
Hi, We will not convert currently owned cars to Shelby Gt's. You can bring you car to Shelby and have it modified. You will get a certificate that it was modified at Shelby Autos LAs Vegas. But this mod is not the Shelby GT

Amy
Old 11/30/06, 02:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi, We will not convert currently owned cars to Shelby Gt's. You can bring you car to Shelby and have it modified. You will get a certificate that it was modified at Shelby Autos LAs Vegas. But this mod is not the Shelby GT

Amy

Interesting, Amy would this also apply to SA doing a CS6 conversion too?
Old 12/2/06, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

Amy
Hi Amy,

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can only buy the "base" Shelby GT through my dealer. If I want additional options (S/Cer, brakes, hood, etc.), I need to get myself out to the CS facilities in Vegas in order to do so?

OR, is there a way to have these additional options added to the car and still take delivery at my local dealership?

If its the former, going to Vegas, this will be a HUGE disappointment for me. While it would certainly be cool to come pick the car up in Vegas, the drive back to PA might leave a bit to be desired (plus the time off of work to do so may not be possible). Please, PLEASE tell me there is a way to add more options and still have it delivered to my local dealership (ie. arrange separate truck delivery to my dealer)! If it costs a bit extra, that's fine, but the other two options (buying a "base" Shelby GT, or picking up in Vegas) are not very viable for me right now...

Any additional details on how this works would be most appreciated. I'm sure there might be more than a few folks on here that feel the same way. Thanks Amy!
Old 12/2/06, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Romeo46LV8
Hi Amy,

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can only buy the "base" Shelby GT through my dealer. If I want additional options (S/Cer, brakes, hood, etc.), I need to get myself out to the CS facilities in Vegas in order to do so?

OR, is there a way to have these additional options added to the car and still take delivery at my local dealership?

If its the former, going to Vegas, this will be a HUGE disappointment for me. While it would certainly be cool to come pick the car up in Vegas, the drive back to PA might leave a bit to be desired (plus the time off of work to do so may not be possible). Please, PLEASE tell me there is a way to add more options and still have it delivered to my local dealership (ie. arrange separate truck delivery to my dealer)! If it costs a bit extra, that's fine, but the other two options (buying a "base" Shelby GT, or picking up in Vegas) are not very viable for me right now...

Any additional details on how this works would be most appreciated. I'm sure there might be more than a few folks on here that feel the same way. Thanks Amy!

Hi, Let me see if I can explain it a bit better, we are still working through this all but as it stands now, you will buy your car from the dealer, you can take delivery of that car in vegas just the way it is or you can order upgrades and we will install and then pick up your car in Vegas.

I can not upgrade the car with a supercharger without going thru testing, epa, nitsa, etc and that will take a year. So the supercharger will be done afterwards. But, you could take delivery in your home town and buy the shelby supercharger from us and have installed in your town. The supercharger right now is a paxton with over 485 HP and has Shelby engraved on it.

Amy
Old 12/2/06, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Amy

Do you know if the supercharger will be compatible with the automatic transmission?
Old 12/2/06, 05:25 PM
V6 Member

Hi, Let me see if I can explain it a bit better, we are still working through this all but as it stands now, you will buy your car from the dealer, you can take delivery of that car in vegas just the way it is or you can order upgrades and we will install and then pick up your car in Vegas.

I can not upgrade the car with a supercharger without going thru testing, epa, nitsa, etc and that will take a year. So the supercharger will be done afterwards. But, you could take delivery in your home town and buy the shelby supercharger from us and have installed in your town. The supercharger right now is a paxton with over 485 HP and has Shelby engraved on it.

Amy
Hi Amy, that certainly makes sense. You obviously don't want to delay the car (and neither do we!) because of an option that not everyone is going to purchase.

So, this leads me to a few more questions:
1.) What about the other upgrades (hood, front brake air ducts, driving lights, brakes, etc. - other things besides the S/Cer), can they be upgraded/installed in Vegas and then take delivery as normal at my dealer?

2.) Would it be possible to setup my own transportation of the car from Vegas directly to me? This would serve to still buy it from the dealer, allow me to have the S/Cer installed, and allow the car be delivered to me without ever having to fly out to Vegas. Is that a possibility or do I need to be there in person to take delivery before I can load the car on transport?

3.) When you say the S/Cer will be "done afterwards", does that mean it will take months before your able to upgrade any Shelby GT's with it, or it just has be done as a separate option, one in which you can't go through the dealer to obtain, but can be done immediately after the car would normally be ready to ship to the dealer? In this case, the car would stay there, you would add the extra options, and then I would need to arrange delivery.

Thanks Amy for the quick reply earlier. I'm trying to figure out what is and is not going to work for me and your input certainly goes a long way in those decisions.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12/2/06, 11:15 PM

Hi Amy, that certainly makes sense. You obviously don't want to delay the car (and neither do we!) because of an option that not everyone is going to purchase.

So, this leads me to a few more questions:
1.) What about the other upgrades (hood, front brake air ducts, driving lights, brakes, etc. - other things besides the S/Cer), can they be upgraded/installed in Vegas and then take delivery as normal at my dealer?
>> yes you can have them all done at LV, no I can not ship back to the dealer, sorry

2.) Would it be possible to setup my own transportation of the car from Vegas directly to me? This would serve to still buy it from the dealer, allow me to have the S/Cer installed, and allow the car be delivered to me without ever having to fly out to Vegas. Is that a possibility or do I need to be there in person to take delivery before I can load the car on transport?

>>yes, this can be done if you arrange we will handle on our end

3.) When you say the S/Cer will be "done afterwards", does that mean it will take months before your able to upgrade any Shelby GT's with it, or it just has be done as a separate option, one in which you can't go through the dealer to obtain, but can be done immediately after the car would normally be ready to ship to the dealer? In this case, the car would stay there, you would add the extra options, and then I would need to arrange delivery.

>> it will be done right after the car is completed. there would be no delays. The Sc works for nmanuals and Autos as well.

Thanks Amy for the quick reply earlier. I'm trying to figure out what is and is not going to work for me and your input certainly goes a long way in those decisions.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks!
Old 12/3/06, 02:34 PM

Amy,

Will the supercharger be compatable with the Ford factory warranty?

(i.e. void it, or no problem warranty remians in effect)

Also, any installed prices yet on S/C, brakes, hood etc?

Quick Reply: Ford Listened to my request Las Vegas pickup!