Search this Thread

Old 7/21/08, 10:36 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few SGT questions

Ok,
1) Why is there no spare tire & wheel, just a inflator kit/sealant.
Weight savings, or temporary spare is too tall for lower suspension?

2) Does the air filter unit come already oiled? I am use to K&N's , they turn red when oiled, this one looks grayish white and dry.

3) What is this piece of electrical tape looking stuff hanging out from under the top of the windshield trim on the inside of the glass?

4) IS the hood scoop supposed to be "smashed" down into the hood stripes to the point that the
tape stripes are wadded up around the scoop to hood edge?

TDS
Old 7/21/08, 11:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TDS
Ok,
1) Why is there no spare tire & wheel, just a inflator kit/sealant.
Weight savings, or temporary spare is too tall for lower suspension?

That is b/c it is a performance car like the GT500...so I was told.

2) Does the air filter unit come already oiled? I am use to K&N's , they turn red when oiled, this one looks grayish white and dry.

Mine came oiled but of course it was switched out way early on when I got the S/C

3) What is this piece of electrical tape looking stuff hanging out from under the top of the windshield trim on the inside of the glass?

No idea

4) IS the hood scoop supposed to be "smashed" down into the hood stripes to the point that the
tape stripes are wadded up around the scoop to hood edge?

I need to look at your car TDS, it may be what others have talked about before with the scoop issue but I would have to see it.

TDS
Will have to get together at one of the cruise ins so I can see your new car! ...I mean Jill's.

Old 7/30/08, 07:03 AM
GT Member

TDS,

Congratulations on the SGT. I also have the convertible. Mine has the automatic transmission.

I said the same thing when I rented the Shelby GT-H. I panicked and thought I was going to have to buy a spare tire because somebody stole it. Actually Shelby gets rid of the spare tire and replaces it with an SVT emergency tire inflator to reduce the weight of the car (similar to the recipe of shedding unneccessary weight whereever possible like was done with the 1960's era Shelby GT 350s). The Shelby GT (consumer version of the GT-H) is the same way.

Dunno about the air filter. I too have a couple K&Ns in my other vehicles and know what you mean. I would check teamshelby.com forums if you can't find an answer in the Shelby GT Supplement to the owner's manual.

I am not sure about the piece of trim you are referring to.

And finally, the hood scoop was poorly engineered and you have the signature Shelby GT wrinkled stripes under the hood scoop just like I do (all 4 corners and along the seam). My hood scoop is also warped like many others. Shelby Automobiles is aware of the problem and is testing a solution for every Shelby GT owner that is affected. It appears the metal from the hood and the material of the scoop heat and expand at different rates causing the stripes to wrinkle and the scoop to warp. There is lots of information on this at teamshelby.com. It is a sore subject with many owners but I believe Shelby is going to offer everyone a no-cost fix and long-term solution.

Erich

Last edited by 08SGT1977; 7/30/08 at 07:05 AM.
Old 8/14/08, 10:04 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Thanks for y'alls responses.
New question: Have bought the shelby lower grill, has anyone out there installed one before?

There are no instructions included with this grill.

TDS