2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Amy, Shelby GT build??

Old 12/19/06, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy, Shelby GT build??

Amy,

I think I heard that you started building the Shelby GT or at least some test vehicles, are you going to be posting pics of these cars running through the build on the Shelby gallery page? Kind of like what you did with the Hertz build.

Sure would go along way to satisfy some of us "Stang Nutz".......
Old 12/22/06, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fast351
Amy,

I think I heard that you started building the Shelby GT or at least some test vehicles, are you going to be posting pics of these cars running through the build on the Shelby gallery page? Kind of like what you did with the Hertz build.

Sure would go along way to satisfy some of us "Stang Nutz".......

the first rule of marketing is customer satisfaction!!!!
Old 12/28/06, 10:07 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by futuresvt
the first rule of marketing is customer satisfaction!!!!

yes, there is a skeletal team there this week, we are taking in any cars and doing PDI and then preping for build. The builds will not happen till next week, but we will post pics..

Amy
Old 12/29/06, 11:54 AM

Wink Thank you Amy..

For having provided your honest opinions and information as fast as it could be given to the public. And all on your own time! I know I am not alone in these thoughts. without your direct involvement this car would never have happened. your effort so far and the task that is at hand will certainly be a milestone for the Mustang and SHELBY Autos. Consider this a "HUG"!!!
Old 12/29/06, 04:55 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Daltondavid
For having provided your honest opinions and information as fast as it could be given to the public. And all on your own time! I know I am not alone in these thoughts. without your direct involvement this car would never have happened. your effort so far and the task that is at hand will certainly be a milestone for the Mustang and SHELBY Autos. Consider this a "HUG"!!!

All that kissing should just about guarantee a discount.

Old 12/29/06, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a grip Dave! and wipe that brown off your nose!..
Old 12/29/06, 11:13 PM

Arrow

Blkstang06 and Bullit1, I can see you guys have no clue as to how "F%^&ed up" things have been at SHELBY Autos inc. over the last 5 years. if you read the Autoweek article about Amy Boylan and how she has helped turn things around over there you might start to understand a little bit. I have been closely watching SAI since 2001 as I had one of their CSX4000 series COBRAS. I have been to the Las Vegas Facility back in 2002 for a Shelby convention. of course that was when the wheels were really starting to "fall off the cart". a great many failures left people waiting for COBRAS while Shelby had their $10,000 dollar deposits and no suppliers for parts to build them as the last suppliers were still owed money. Bad management and Carroll Shelby's poor judgement at hiring "Yes Men" to surround himself with only hurt matters and was driving his reputation into the dirt. check the archives over at www.clubcobra.com and you can read thread after thread of hatred for Shelby the man and the company! it seemed as if there was only ever going to be a real bad ending to the story. but last year, Carroll hired Amy Boylan as President of Shelby Autos. Most of us in the Shelby world assumed incorrectly that it was just another one of Carroll's latest stunts destined for failure. she was a virtual "Unknown" who worked for "Hot Wheels"!! Diecast cars?? but she has proven herself over the course of the last year and has started to correct many of the failures of the past, while forging ahead with these Future projects that most never thought possible. she deserves a pat on the back. a "HUG" even, when some uninformed jack a$$ starts bad mouthing her efforts on the very forum she has chosen to make herself available on. last night I saw her post a rebuttal she later retracted. without getting deep into the content, her feelings were hurt pretty bad. I offered her some kind words and applauded her efforts. if you feel that equates to Kissing *** or Brown nosing, so be it. the fact that I have to explain who she is and what she is doing here shows how little you really "Get this SHELBY thing". Does Steve Saleen have a Q&A section?? How about Jack Roush?? Foose?? they could not be bothered with their clients and potential Customers online. besides, why are you lurking here anyway?? Go back to the 08 Bullit forum or the 06 Mustang GT Forum if you need to feel like somebody. at least there you might know what you are talking about when it comes to those cars.
Old 12/30/06, 12:16 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
touche
Old 12/30/06, 07:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
touche
I would say at least touche! possibly presumptuous! and apparently thinks he's the only one thats dealt with Shelby Auto's in the purchase of a vehicle in the last ten years!.. but the Dave's of the world are why so many of us have been successful in business! He's quick to anger! and under estimates who he is conversing with! with just a few more Dave's I could have retired at 38 instead of 48!....
Old 12/30/06, 08:45 AM

Talking

Blkstang06, Presumption and assumption, are two words that rhyme and almost have the same meaning. let me guess, you still have a deposit on a COBRA since 2003?? I know as much about you, as you do me. (Although since you are appparently so wealthy and retired early you probably spenty the night researching websites for my various postings to get a better psychological evaluation of me...= "Certifiable " by the way! Retired early I guess you are rich. and bored since you have enough time to make 338 postings in less tha 12 weeks on this site alone! I dare say you yourself are guilty of the same things you have accused me of. so again you act like you are somebody with a wealth of knowledge but you are too good to share it with anyone. what's that term they use in poker when it is time to "Put your cards on the table"?? Come on Doggie, take a bite.....
Old 12/30/06, 09:12 AM

Blkstang06 and Bullit1, I can see you guys have no clue as to how "F%^&ed up" things have been at SHELBY Autos inc. over the last 5 years... if you read the Autoweek article about Amy Boylan and how she has helped turn things around over there you might start to understand a little bit. I have been closely watching SAI since 2001 as I had one of their CSX4000 series COBRAS. I have been to the Las Vegas Facility back in 2002 for a Shelby convention. of course that was when the wheels were really starting to "fall off the cart". a great many failures left people waiting for COBRAS while Shelby had their $10,000 dollar deposits and no suppliers for parts to build them as the last suppliers were still owed money. Bad management and Carroll Shelby's poor judgement at hiring "Yes Men" to surround himself with only hurt matters and was driving his reputation into the dirt. check the archives over at www.clubcobra.com and you can read thread after thread of hatred for Shelby the man and the company! it seemed as if there was only ever going to be a real bad ending to the story. but last year, Carroll hired Amy Boylan as President of Shelby Autos. Most of us in the Shelby world assumed incorrectly that it was just another one of Carroll's latest stunts destined for failure. she was a virtual "Unknown" who worked for "Hot Wheels"!! Diecast cars?? but she has proven herself over the course of the last year and has started to correct many of the failures of the past, while forging ahead with these Future projects that most never thought possible. she deserves a pat on the back. a "HUG" even, when some uninformed jack a$$ starts bad mouthing her efforts on the very forum she has chosen to make herself available on. last night I saw her post a rebuttal she later retracted. without getting deep into the content, her feelings were hurt pretty bad. I offered her some kind words and applauded her efforts. if you feel that equates to Kissing *** or Brown nosing, so be it. the fact that I have to explain who she is and what she is doing here shows how little you really "Get this SHELBY thing". Does Steve Saleen have a Q&A section?? How about Jack Roush?? Foose?? they could not be bothered with their clients and potential Customers online. besides, why are you lurking here anyway?? Go back to the 08 Bullit forum or the 06 Mustang GT Forum if you need to feel like somebody. at least there you might know what you are talking about when it comes to those cars.

Round 2?

Oooooh, we have a man's man behind a keyboard guys!!! Lighten up Sweets, and enjoy the ride.

BTW, thanks for the old news. We would have never known this classified info had you not spent years of a research.

Cheers and kisses. I LOVE YOU, MAN! Give me a call, OK?

Old 12/30/06, 09:17 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Round 2?
I fold. Try to keep it civil guys. If you want to get real nasty then take it to PM.

or ?
Old 12/30/06, 09:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dave! Heres one of my doggies, he never met a leg he didn't like!..execpt maybe yours!...As far as this poker hand go's I'll call your bluff and raise you one 2007 Shelby GT at MSRP!. .
Attached Thumbnails Amy, Shelby GT build??-dozer.jpg  
Old 12/30/06, 09:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I fold. Try to keep it civil guys. If you want to get real nasty then take it to PM.

or ?
Its all in fun Mark ! you Know that ! at least on my end!
Old 12/30/06, 11:03 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I understand, but many of these "just for fun" back and forths spiral out of control and turn into urinary olympics.
Ok, have at it I'll just hang out on the side lines.

Maybe you all should start a new topic in off topic chat area. In fact I just started one for y'all

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...118#post809118
Old 12/30/06, 11:58 AM
President of Shelby Autos

David, thanks!

To the rest of you, I appreciate all the posts good and bad, as David said I was offended last night by a perticular post, I forgot, that even though I consider myself one of the boys or group or gang, there will always be this invisable line where as the President of Shelby and any given moment of hartred, I am thrust to the other side. The comment was a personal attack, not a business attack. I was caught off guard.I am also not able to do the banter and fun like you are all able to do above. It would be wrong and out of context could make Shelby look bad. I did respond to that other post, then thought better of it and removed it.

I want to thank all of you who have welcomed me here to this site and treated me as a friend. To you I say have a very happy healthy New year.

Amy
Old 12/30/06, 12:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
wow...that escalted quickly!
Old 12/30/06, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by amyb
... To the rest of you, I appreciate all the posts good and bad...
Compared to other web sites TMS members have been very mild in responding to your comments and for the most part have been very accomodating.

I believe you have come a long way in many aspects in the last few months but one item which was evident from the offset and did not need any refining was you can take the heat as well as dish it out, without help from any yahoo.
Old 12/30/06, 04:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I thought Mark's "urinary olympics" line was classic......
Old 12/30/06, 06:16 PM

Thumbs up

Alright, I have to Fold. he pulled out the Bulldog card!! We love Bulldogs and just lost ours in March. sadly missed, we are just now starting the search for a new Bulldog to add to the family. this is a fun site, very informative and I am here to learn and be part of the ongoing antics as they occur. I am admittedly way more familiar with part numbers that begin with the letter "C" than these new Mustangs but I am taken by them none the less. I was fortunate to get the Shelby GT at MSRP and plan to share my experiences with the good people on this site. Happy New Year to all. espescially BlkStang and Bullit1!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amy, Shelby GT build??