2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

07 Shelby GT tail light issue

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/16, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Shelby GT tail light issue

Ok I just got a 07 Shelby GT about a month ago and I bought a set of sequentials for it, after installing them I noticed that one bulb on the driver side and passenger side were not working so I went out and bought all new bulbs. That fixed the driver side but on the passenger side, the number 3 socket does not work. I switched out the bulb again and still nothing. I even took the harness off and put the old one back on and it had the same issue with socket number 3 even on the old harness. So I don't think it's the new harness being that the old one has the same problem. And no I never checked the tail lights before this. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be? Maybe a wiring problem.
Old 3/7/16, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Did you switch it with a known good bulb? Have you tested it for voltage?
Old 3/7/16, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by MadcapMagician
Did you switch it with a known good bulb? Have you tested it for voltage?

Yes I checked it with bulbs that I know we're good. Put the same bulb on the other sockets and the bulb works. No not yet, going to in a little I have to go buy a thing to check if it has voltage
Old 3/7/16, 10:02 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
When you say socket 3, are you referring to the inner-most or outer-most light?

Does it light up when you turn the headlights or parking lights on, or when you brake?

Have you swapped sides with the harness to see if the problem follows with it?
Old 3/8/16, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
When you say socket 3, are you referring to the inner-most or outer-most light?

Does it light up when you turn the headlights or parking lights on, or when you brake?

Have you swapped sides with the harness to see if the problem follows with it?

Yea the outter 3rd socket. Yes I just checked it, all 3 light up when the lights are on, when you break, with the hazards on it works. It's just when you turn on the right turn signal. I noticed that the right turn signal also goes way faster then the left.
Old 3/8/16, 06:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Have you checked the corresponding front blinker?

On my ford truck when the back blinker is out the blinker will flash faster in the car and in the front
Old 3/8/16, 06:45 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
What Gary said. It sounds like the front turn signal is burned out. That would explain why it's flashing faster. If it's flashing too fast, then it would also explain why the 3rd bulb isn't lighting up.

If the turn signal is cut off quickly, then it stops the 1-2-3 sequence. They don't finish the cycle. For example: when I lock my doors, the turn signals give a quick flash. That flash is quick enough that I only get a 1-2 sequence, and the 3rd never sequences.
Old 3/8/16, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
What Gary said. It sounds like the front turn signal is burned out. That would explain why it's flashing faster. If it's flashing too fast, then it would also explain why the 3rd bulb isn't lighting up.

If the turn signal is cut off quickly, then it stops the 1-2-3 sequence. They don't finish the cycle. For example: when I lock my doors, the turn signals give a quick flash. That flash is quick enough that I only get a 1-2 sequence, and the 3rd never sequences.

Yup the front turn signal is burnt out just checked. I'll replace it in the morning and hopefully that fixes the back. Thanks for all the help.
Old 3/8/16, 06:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Highrevinjectors
Yup the front turn signal is burnt out just checked. I'll replace it in the morning and hopefully that fixes the back. Thanks for all the help.
It'll fix it
Old 3/8/16, 07:01 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
**** forgot about that ....other bulb burnt out thing
Old 12/14/16, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone,

i have my sequential taillight that are not working, i don't know how to identify the issue all lamps are working fine, just that sequential blinking of my taillights is normal, not the mustang style. i have a GT premium 2012. Any ideas ?

Regards,
Old 1/8/17, 05:59 AM

I installed a set of sequential tailights on my 07 Shelby and have had no issues. Not sure what could be the issue if you have replaced bulb already. Maybe socket on harness is bad. Have you called the place where you purchased tailights about the problem?