2006 Shelby GT-H and 2007 GT-H Convertible Share Your Shelby Rental Stories & Photos

Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/06, 10:01 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Shelby Automobiles, Inc. will offer Mustang enthusiasts the ultimate components for 2005 and later Mustangs through the leadership of legendary racecar driver and Cobra creator Carroll Shelby. The Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept highlights new components for late model Mustangs including special parts and packages for the Shelby GT-H and upcoming Shelby GT models. The Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept will make its debut at the American Racing Booth at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 31.

“Building off the success of the Shelby GT-H Rent-A-Racer® program, we thought we’d highlight some of our new parts for the upcoming Shelby GT with a different kind of concept,” said Carroll Shelby, Chairman of Shelby Automobiles, Inc. “With more horsepower, a race suspension and the ability to put the top down, it makes you wish for summer and the open road again.”

Just like 500 of its rental coupe siblings
The Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept starts life similar to its 500 coupe siblings by utilizing the Ford Racing handling package including front springs, sway bars and dampers for better handling and more aggressive looks. Eibach in conjunction with SAI developed a new rear spring combination for Mustang convertibles that lowers the ride height, but still allows for a comfortable ride. Power comes from the tried and true Ford Racing power pack that ups the horsepower and torque through a revised air intake, exhaust and re-calibration. Like its rental brothers, the GT-H Convertible Concept is decked out in black with gold stripes and has the aggressive styled hood, front fascia, grille, side scoops and GT-H markings.

Big differences
Unlike its coupe siblings the Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept features a host of upgrades that will be available to upcoming 2005 and later Mustangs, Shelby GT customers and the lucky few who will be purchasing the Shelby GT-H’s after tours of rental duty. Upgrades include 14” brake package; custom 20”American Racing Razor wheels; rear brake duct kit; front brake duct kit and driving light package and lower billet grille insert designed to fit all California Special Mustangs, Shelby GT-H’s and Shelby GT’s; three-gauge center dash-pod with custom Shelby gauges; custom floor mats, sequential tail lamps, authentic racing hood pin kit; billet engine fluid caps and oil dip stick, and various interior appointments.

“Shelby Automobiles is back in the Mustang arena full-force,” said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “Our components business continues to grow daily and the Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept starts to reveal our hand at some of the innovative parts we have coming.”

Available in the first quarter of 2007, the component upgrades for 2005 and later Mustangs will be sold through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas headquarters and a national dealer network. Interested buyers can contact Shelby Automobiles at (702) 942-7325 or visit the company's web site at www.shelbyautos.com for more info.
Old 10/31/06, 06:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrades include 14” brake package; custom 20”American Racing Razor wheels; rear brake duct kit; front brake duct kit and driving light package and lower billet grille insert designed to fit all California Special Mustangs, Shelby GT-H’s and Shelby GT’s; three-gauge center dash-pod with custom Shelby gauges; custom floor mats, sequential tail lamps, authentic racing hood pin kit; billet engine fluid caps and oil dip stick, and various interior appointments.
This is what I have been waiting to hear! Now I just need to see some pictures of this stuff so I can make a list of which options I want...besides the S/C.

Thanks Brad for the new info!
Old 10/31/06, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Those are some ugly wheels.
Old 10/31/06, 01:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MilStang
This is what I have been waiting to hear! Now I just need to see some pictures of this stuff so I can make a list of which options I want...besides the S/C.

Thanks Brad for the new info!
Waiting, not so quietly, in line right behind MilStang to do the same!
Old 10/31/06, 01:49 PM

dont hold your breath...I ordered my hood in april and didnt get it to sept. I wish they would have made a unique front for the Shelby's instead of rehashing the ford GT/CS parts. Isnt the point of shelby is to be unique? I was really hoping for something you couldnt go get off the lot.
Old 10/31/06, 05:26 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Those are some pretty interesting parts they are planning on offering. AmyB, I hope you guys are placing some BIG orders with your suppliers.
Old 11/1/06, 12:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not bad at all, I'll bet if Hertz rents these, it will be $450.00 a day
Old 11/1/06, 12:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Couple of pics in my photobucket uploads, I took one closeup of the Concept badge on the side. Of course I don't remember which booth it was in, but I can find it if you want more pics.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/jayguy4/
Old 11/1/06, 01:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the foglight location oh and of course those wheels . The only thing that sucks is here I thought I was going to be unique once again with black Razors and shelby's putting them on everything.

-Deric
Old 11/1/06, 08:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Couple of pics in my photobucket uploads, I took one closeup of the Concept badge on the side. Of course I don't remember which booth it was in, but I can find it if you want more pics.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/jayguy4/
Awesome, thanks for the pics! And of course, more is always better - if you have the time. Thanks again!
Old 11/1/06, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Airwolf
Those are some ugly wheels.
+1
Old 11/2/06, 11:57 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
+1
You guys kill me...... I will never make you all happy, that's ok....hopefully you'll all find something you like....lol

Amy
Old 11/2/06, 12:01 PM
V6 Member

like the wheels.
hate the light bar.
Old 11/2/06, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry AmyB. Personally not my style. I am loving the brake ducts though. I'm glad we Mustangers finally have a kit that doesnt require removing the fogs.
Old 11/2/06, 12:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
You guys kill me...... I will never make you all happy, that's ok....hopefully you'll all find something you like....lol

Amy
I think it should be pretty obvious what most Mustang fans want. 20" wheels do not belong on a Mustang. Especially one that's going for such a retro look. And if you'll notice, most all the complaints are about that one thing so to me that means people like the rest of it.

We don't even need to get started on what you guys did to the GT500 though.
Old 11/2/06, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

More info and pics on website.

www.shelbyautos.com
Old 11/2/06, 12:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05retro
More info and pics on website.

www.shelbyautos.com
Amy, of all the parts now listed on the website, which - if any - will be "option checks" on the order sheet when I go to order my Shelby GT?

Also, any word or additional details on the S/Cer? Thanks! Keep up the great work!!
Old 11/2/06, 03:12 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
why does shelby keep ruining all the models with those horrible wheels.
Old 11/2/06, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Aside from the wheels (which i dont hate as much as most of you seem to), i really like it. Im usually not really a fan of the verts but that thing is hot.
Old 11/2/06, 05:44 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the Front Fascia Brake Duct and Driving Lamp Kit, but would prefer it without the lower grille. See below.

Amy, can you tell us what material is used to make the Shelby GT/GT-H Upper Grille? I.e. is it a plastic or metal grille? http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=26
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Shelby GT-H Convertible Concept