2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

What is new for 08'

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/07, 11:32 AM
2&2
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is new for 08'

I have read here that you can order a 2008 GT/CS on April 16th. Is that correct? If so,what is new for the 2008 car. How much lower than MSRP did most of you current owners get your car for? What do you convertible owners think of the wind noise and fit of your cars top? And would any of you do anything different if you were going to order another one?
Old 4/3/07, 12:38 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. 16 April the order banks open

Read more here http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...highlight=2008

Get an X-plan pin here and you too can pay approximately invoice price http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45
Old 4/3/07, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fat chance on X-plan! They had Market adjust of $3,000 on mine when it came in.
Old 4/3/07, 12:46 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

They are available here in VA for x-plan.
Old 4/3/07, 01:14 PM
2&2
GT Member

As anyone ever gone to blueovalnews and got an X-plan number from someone and actually used it? What do you tell the dealer, that you got it from a friend that works for Ford or something? Does the dealer dig into where you got the X-plan number? How do you know the number is a good one. When I go to actually deal on a new GT/CS, can I just tell them I will pay around invoice. How has that tactic worked for others?
Old 4/3/07, 01:29 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

They have an FAQ over there that will answer all your questions. I know of a few TMSers that have used it successfully over the years. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ghlight=x-plan

Do a word search for previous threads on X-plan (go to the advanced search feature and select Title only).

If anyone wants a Cal Special at X-plan and your local dealers won't give you the X-plan do the following:
1. Call various local dealers and ask how much they charge for "drop shipping". This is the fee they charge to have a car ordered from another dealership delivered to their dealership. Typically this fee is $150 to $650.

2. Find a dealership anywhere in the U.S. that will take X-plan pin on a California Special and order from them and ask them to drop ship it to the dealership you found in local area with the lowest drop shipping fee.
3. Pick up your GT/CS from your local dealer and smile.
Old 4/3/07, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

I struck a deal with the dealership for invoice. Which was 28082 on a 30075 dollar GT/CS. I found out later that I qualified for X-plan through a work deal, so I took that to them to see if it would be cheaper. It was cheaper, by exactly 37 dollars. I just built mine online, printed it off, and took it into the dealership. Since Ford puts the invoice right on there, I just handed the sheet to the guy and said, this is what I want and this is what I will pay.
Old 4/3/07, 09:10 PM
2&2
GT Member

Thanks. How do you know for sure what invoice price is? Are you saying that when you build one on the Fords website, it gives you the invoice price also? How did they react when you said, here is the car, and here is what I will pay?
Old 4/3/07, 09:32 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

One way is to go to the Ford website and build your car. After you done building it, you can see the total invoice price below the MSRP total.
Old 4/3/07, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2&2
Thanks. How do you know for sure what invoice price is? Are you saying that when you build one on the Fords website, it gives you the invoice price also? How did they react when you said, here is the car, and here is what I will pay?
With X-plan, you don't tell them what you will pay. they tell you. But, it's a set price that is listed on the factory invoice that the dealer has. the factory invoice shows dealer cost (minus holdback), dealer cost with holdback, A-plan, X-plan, and another plan that I don't know the letter of (I think D, which is the same as A pricing)

But, they are required to sell it to you for that price (if they accept X-plan). Plus, there are no DOC fees.
Old 4/3/07, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
They are available here in VA for x-plan.
Agreed. With some dealers here, you don't even need a PIN... just good negotiation. But, the X-plan is nice, because it takes negotiation out of it...you know what your price will be, with no hassles/haggles (but that's half the fun of dealerships anyway)
Old 4/3/07, 10:49 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Also when you buy on the x-plan the dealer can't charge you any Doc fees or the like. Everybody paids the Delivery Charge .
Old 4/4/07, 07:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2&2
Yes the invoice price is on the website. It is not exact, but only 50 bucks or so off. I actually went to 3 different dealerships and told them the same thing, but I had a trade. I said I won't pay more than the invoice, and I had to have so much for my car. I got 10500 for my used car, and they were asking 12100 at the dealership for it later. I didn't think that was bad with getting invoice, they are trying to make money too. 2 of the places were real good, I could get that same deal off of in stock GT's or my order GT/CS, 1 was a bastard and tried to pull all of their standard "how much can you afford a month" crap. Good luck.
Old 4/9/07, 12:18 PM

Wind noise: top down, lowest of any convertible I have owned and very low, according to print media testers. Fit of the top, excellent, period.

If I were to order my car again in 2007, I would order the cloth top, but I couldn't in 05.
Craig
Old 4/9/07, 01:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get Mine @ A plan, never had a problem, 27,000 for a brand new GT/CS
Old 4/11/07, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

All, back on topic - what is new for 2008? I assume you can order the Ford Nav unit - anything else change? New stripe color options, etc?

thx!