2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Scoop or no Scoop?

Old 3/6/07, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoop or no Scoop?

I plan on ordering/purchasing a 07 gt/cs coupe within a few weeks and I have been thinking for a while now but still have not reached a conclusion on whether I like the gt/cs better with or without the GT appearance package (aka hood scoop). I am also torn between colors vista blue, redfire (want black but to hard to keep clean in NJ) but thats another story. I want to keep the car stock so that it maintains its value but I may give in to the temptations of the mod bug. Any stock or near stock pictures of the gt/cs with or without the hood scoop would be great. I also would love to hear any suggestions (color, interior color, etc). Thank you for your help.
Old 3/6/07, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Chirs - Welcome to the boards! If I was going to do it again I would order one with it. Especially if it's Redfire! There are lots of pics down below, just cruise through some of the older threads. Hope to see your car pics soon!
Old 3/6/07, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a white GT/CS without the scoop I did not like the way the scoop fit on the car, I still have not seen a hood scoop that I liked for the new Mustang. Here is a few pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails Scoop or no Scoop?-gtcs2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/6/07, 11:40 AM
Cobra R Member

I like scoops !
Old 3/6/07, 11:55 AM
Cobra R Member

welcome! If youwant to mod just keep the stock parts and don't drill holes in the parts that are on the car from the factory. I had to order a new bumper to add the aggressive chin spoiler by classic design concepts to keep the original in "stock condition" and if you do the exhaust keep the original parts, etc. that way you can always return it to stock. reguarding the scoop, I don't like the ford scoop. I'm saing up for the cdc ram air scoop but need a take off hood to cut into.
Old 3/6/07, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ahh screw it, cut a hole in the hood and add the Shaker.
Attachment 20975Attachment 20976
Attached Thumbnails Scoop or no Scoop?-zainoagaincoat1005.jpg   Scoop or no Scoop?-shaker-done-close-up-1-web.jpg  
Old 3/6/07, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MonzGT
I plan on ordering/purchasing a 07 gt/cs coupe within a few weeks and I have been thinking for a while now but still have not reached a conclusion on whether I like the gt/cs better with or without the GT appearance package (aka hood scoop). I am also torn between colors vista blue, redfire (want black but to hard to keep clean in NJ) but thats another story. I want to keep the car stock so that it maintains its value but I may give in to the temptations of the mod bug. Any stock or near stock pictures of the gt/cs with or without the hood scoop would be great. I also would love to hear any suggestions (color, interior color, etc). Thank you for your help.
There are a lot of purists in the forum, and I'm sure they are going to tell you that if it's not functional it is crap. One of the things that caught my eye was the hood scoop and how it changed the entire attitude of the car. I know that it isn't functional, per say, but to me it is. I wanted my car to look retro and the hood scoop along with the rims, side scoop, and quarter window louvers gave the car the exact look I was looking for. As a matter of fact, every time I see a mustang without a hood scoop it looks odd to me...like it's not mean enough or something. IMO, a mustang without a hood scoop is like a mustang that hasn't reached puberty. It's kind of like tattoos...they are not functional, per say, but they do improve the overall attitude.
Old 3/6/07, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Before I got mine, I wondered also if I wanted it. I got the GT Appearance Pkg with the scoop and am glad I did. I like it.
Old 3/6/07, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I would go with Vista Blue, but thats just me..........

As far as the hood scoop goes, I agree it doesn't fit 100%, maybe around 95% but I think it adds a little meanness to the overall package.
Old 3/6/07, 03:53 PM

scoop

If you can, just sit behind the wheel of a CS or GT with the scoop, it is really awesome. I originally didn't think I wanted it, but I got the VB with scoop, and wouldn't have it any other way. In the end, it's just preference.

I have a black V6 Galant, and it is truly a pain to keep clean. The other colors, not so much. But, if you like black...
Old 3/6/07, 04:06 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The GT/CS's with the GT apperance packages (Scoop, that engine cover thingy, and the tail pipe tips) are going to be slower than the non GTAP one.

Besides the extra weight of this items, the extra aero drag of that hood scoop will slow you way down

Get what makes you happiest.
Old 3/6/07, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
There are a lot of purists in the forum, and I'm sure they are going to tell you that if it's not functional it is crap. One of the things that caught my eye was the hood scoop and how it changed the entire attitude of the car. I know that it isn't functional, per say, but to me it is. I wanted my car to look retro and the hood scoop along with the rims, side scoop, and quarter window louvers gave the car the exact look I was looking for. As a matter of fact, every time I see a mustang without a hood scoop it looks odd to me...like it's not mean enough or something. IMO, a mustang without a hood scoop is like a mustang that hasn't reached puberty. It's kind of like tattoos...they are not functional, per say, but they do improve the overall attitude.

Save your money and buy a shaker.

Old 3/6/07, 04:21 PM
GT Member

I did not get the CS but my GT will be Vista Blue with the GT app package... I love the retro look!!!! GO for the app package!!!! Good luck - I am 4 weeks in to my wait for my toy....
Old 3/6/07, 04:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
scoop. Just ordered a shaker from CDC.
Old 3/6/07, 04:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

GT/CS + GTAP + BLACK =
Old 3/6/07, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mustangman1960
scoop. Just ordered a shaker from CDC.
Do you have any pics of your car you can post??
Old 3/6/07, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

I didn't order mine with the GTAP because I am not big on non-functional hood scoops. I DO like the look of it though with the overall look of the car. Also, part of the the GTAP is the bright rolled exhaust tips, which is also part of the CS package, so basically you pay twice for it. Now, the plenum cover. It does look cool, but you can get one on the internet for around 65 bucks. Just some food for thought.

Also, I chose black, but 2nd choice would be Vista Blue
Old 3/6/07, 04:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I vote no scoop.
Old 3/6/07, 08:30 PM

I vote for the scoop.
Attached Images  
Old 3/7/07, 05:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Save your money and buy a shaker.

I thought about it, but is it really functional? I think a cold air intake would do just as good, IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scoop or no Scoop?