2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Roush Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/06, 01:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Performance Parts

Just checking out mods for my new vert and came across the Roush web site. The floor mats look pretty good - especially the black with grey trim around the edges - would match the black/dove interior pretty well and I was wondering if any of you have seen the Roush carbon fiber dash trim kit and if it is a decent match to the charcoal instrument panel? Pricy though at $400+ dollars for what you get. I have a message into Joshua Tree about them making the matchin dash trim pieces for the new charcoal dash....and they are about 1/2 the price for th kit - although it wouldn't be real carbon fiber - but I've used their kits on my '01 Lincoln LS, '05 GT and '05 F-150 and their fit/finish & match is generally very good.......man - has it been 8 weeks yet
Old 8/21/06, 02:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know if they have what you are looking for but these guys do a good job. I have made 2 purchases with them and had no issues.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/
Old 8/21/06, 05:20 PM

The carbon fiber kit is not going to be an exact match to your dash, if that's what you are going for. Also, Steeda makes a carbon fiber product with less components (the roush kit is meant to replace the whole dash, including the parts covered by the IUP) if you want to do the carbon fiber with the IUP, which might be an intersting look to go with, but I'm not sure with the dark IUP that it would look right. Look under their dress up parts, $150.
Old 8/21/06, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RunStorm7
The carbon fiber kit is not going to be an exact match to your dash, if that's what you are going for. Also, Steeda makes a carbon fiber product with less components (the roush kit is meant to replace the whole dash, including the parts covered by the IUP) if you want to do the carbon fiber with the IUP, which might be an intersting look to go with, but I'm not sure with the dark IUP that it would look right. Look under their dress up parts, $150.
Thanks for the reference and yeah...I agree it would have to be a pretty close match for me to do it. With my '05 black leather interior, it was so plain looking - especially the cheaper black plastic parts, I added a center stack surround, window switch trim plates and console cover in the "Joshua Tree" satin look.....really made the interior look MUCH better....just have to be careful and not apply too much - then it can start looking tacky (IMO).
Old 8/21/06, 05:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey hotlap

do you really want that in ur car??the interior that is has looks 10x better than those stickers.that's to much,in the sence of being tacky.just my opinion.you have a nice car as it is.
Old 8/21/06, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by touring
do you really want that in ur car??the interior that is has looks 10x better than those stickers.that's to much,in the sence of being tacky.just my opinion.you have a nice car as it is.
I hear you - that's why you have to be very careful with it and not get carried away - my '05 was so cheap looking with all the plain black plastic pieces (even though I did get the IUP) - I had to "class" it up a bit.....have received nothing but compliments and even have had guys ask if it came from the factory that way....will have to check you the GT/CS interior - but really think the console top area looks extremely cheap and the window switch plates...
Old 8/21/06, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
UPR has some nice interior trim parts that are real metal, not stick on's. you can find their link in the sticky on aftermarket mfg's. CDC has a dash kit also, but that is a stick on. MGW also has some great looking dress up mods. IMO. Keep looking there's alot out there.
Old 8/21/06, 07:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was looking at the roush 07's

is that interior a sticker or real carbon? looks like a sticker
Old 8/22/06, 12:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
UPR has some nice interior trim parts that are real metal, not stick on's. you can find their link in the sticky on aftermarket mfg's. CDC has a dash kit also, but that is a stick on. MGW also has some great looking dress up mods. IMO. Keep looking there's alot out there.
I'm hoping that Jushua Tree comes out with exact match.....otherwise it wouldn't look quite right....don't know if they will produce or not - based on how popular they perceive the new charcoal dash is going to be.

thx -