2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

question for you guys with flowmaster's

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question for you guys with flowmaster's

i went to a muffler shop and a guy quoted me 245$ to put magna flow's on my car but that with cuting my pipes,with i dont want to do.i saw these on ebay and wondered if that is what i want http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem
again i want to do no cutting.will these have the same effect?
Old 8/17/06, 10:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No cutting involved for Flowmasters, or any axleback exhaust system, that I know of, for the 05+ Stangs.
Check my sig for a video of my Flows.
Old 8/17/06, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by touring
i went to a muffler shop and a guy quoted me 245$ to put magna flow's on my car but that with cuting my pipes,with i dont want to do.i saw these on ebay and wondered if that is what i want http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem
again i want to do no cutting.will these have the same effect?
T - I didn't see if these are the 2 chamber Flowmasters series 40? At the risk of starting another exhaust debate, I had the Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers on my '00GT vert and they were way too loud (for me). I couldn't hear my passenger talking at the dreaded drone level 2000 - 2300RPM's which is where you are at around town and got tired of having to work around that drone. I finally removed them after a couple of weeks and had the Magnaflow straight through exhaust installed instead. For my $$'s the Flowmaster was too loud and did not add any hp - powerband actually "felt" a bit flatter (no dyno - JMO). While the Magnaflows definitely added a slight hp (5 - 10hp). It's your choice and the newer FM's might be changed by now - this was back in 2001. Go to the performance forum and check out the different exhaust combinations before you buy....I know how it is with a new car - you want to get those mods done - but take your time and you will end up with a system that you'll like for the life of the car!

brad
Old 8/17/06, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
T - I didn't see if these are the 2 chamber Flowmasters series 40? At the risk of starting another exhaust debate, I had the Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers on my '00GT vert and they were way too loud (for me). I couldn't hear my passenger talking at the dreaded drone level 2000 - 2300RPM's which is where you are at around town and got tired of having to work around that drone. I finally removed them after a couple of weeks and had the Magnaflow straight through exhaust installed instead. For my $$'s the Flowmaster was too loud and did not add any hp - powerband actually "felt" a bit flatter (no dyno - JMO). While the Magnaflows definitely added a slight hp (5 - 10hp). It's your choice and the newer FM's might be changed by now - this was back in 2001. Go to the performance forum and check out the different exhaust combinations before you buy....I know how it is with a new car - you want to get those mods done - but take your time and you will end up with a system that you'll like for the life of the car!

brad
These Flows are not as loud as the old Series 40s. They are slightly louder and MUCH more aggressive sounding. WOT is pure music my Friend
Old 8/17/06, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
These Flows are not as loud as the old Series 40s. They are slightly louder and MUCH more aggressive sounding. WOT is pure music my Friend
Daryl - I hear ya - the one area that was pure music with the series 40's was WOT - sharp, crisp sound for sure - the Magnaflows I have now are not near as crisp as the flows were - but a better fit for me.

Hey, I sent you an e-mail about your Lemans stripes (rocker area)....I want to have a set made with the GT/CS logo....where did you get them?

Old 8/17/06, 11:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Daryl - I hear ya - the one area that was pure music with the series 40's was WOT - sharp, crisp sound for sure - the Magnaflows I have now are not near as crisp as the flows were - but a better fit for me.

Hey, I sent you an e-mail about your Lemans stripes (rocker area)....I want to have a set made with the GT/CS logo....where did you get them?

www.BaltimoreStreetMods.com is where I got the rocker panel stripes. Talk to Rob they will probably make one if they get enough requests.
Old 8/17/06, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got them on my '07 GT. They sound awesome. Not too loud at idle, and fantastic when the pedal is used. Install is easy, only problem I had was they were a little loose around the stock pipes, so I slotted them a little to allow them to compress when the clamp was tightened, and now they're perfect! I do get a little drone once in a while driving around town, but I've gotten used to it quick, and it was never for long periods of time anyway.
Old 8/17/06, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
www.BaltimoreStreetMods.com is where I got the rocker panel stripes. Talk to Rob they will probably make one if they get enough requests.
Daryl - thanks just ordered the rocker panel stripe "S1E" in the Metallic Gold - will have GT/CS on the front fender stripe area. I'm thinking the metallic gold should go well with the black/parchament interior.

Now - I just have to have the car to install them