2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Pick Up our GT/CS in the Morning!

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/06, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick Up our GT/CS in the Morning!

Thanks for all of the great insight I've received from this great Mustang site. You all really helped my wife and I make the decision on how we want our Mustang put together.

The GT/CS came in today and I went by to look at it and make sure it was as my wife ordered it. It showed up without the side stripes! The dealer is ordering them for installation a later date. Has anyone seen this before?

I told my wife and she thinks she may like it without the stripes and I wonder if it will have an impact on resale value a some for off date. Any opinions on this?

Again Thanks!
Old 8/22/06, 07:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrads on the new pony!!

Sorry to hear about the stripes. Tell us about her, color, options etc. and get some pics of her on here .
Another set of proud GT/CS Parents
Old 8/22/06, 07:53 PM

Congrats on the new CS! I bought mine back in June and love it! Black with gray stripes (ghost stripes). I went to a dealership here in Columbus and new I was coming home with a Mustang. The salesman showed me the GT/CS, I started it up and that was all I needed. Drove it right out of the showroom, loaded....talk about instant gratification.

I do know that the car is so new that any replacement parts are hard to get. I found this out because some idiot opened their car door onto mine and gouged the stripe. So I went to have it replaced and the body shop at the dealership can't find a part number for it. Anyway, they are keeping an eye out for them (stripe kits).
Old 8/22/06, 07:56 PM

I'll get some Pics when we pick her up in the morning. She is a redfire coupe with parchment interior, IUP (Charcoal Aluminum), comfort package, Auto (wife doesn't do stick), GTAP and side airbags.

So, it should of come from the factory with the stripes right?
Old 8/22/06, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

It definitely should have had stripes. Check the window sticker and make sure the dealership isn't trying to pull a fast one on you and pass off a GT as a CS! Also check it very closely to make sure it hasn't had any bodywork done to it. If it had some damage in shipment, they may have sent it off to the body shop and they fixed it but neglected to replace the stripes. It seems odd that they would be missing on both sides though; it's possible there was a mistake at the factory.
Old 8/22/06, 08:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Stripe guy was on coffee break?

Aside from the side stripe, it will also have California Special on the chrome bezel on the rear of the trunk ( ie: fake gas cap) and your seats should be two toned. See some of the other pics in this thread, does your front end look the same, the lower area below the bumper. Side scoops ( those could be added by the dealer easy enough ). Those are the easy ones to spot right away. As for ordering the stripes Cleveparts in the fourm has the # for them.
Old 8/22/06, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox
Stripe guy was on coffee break?
Sounds like a nice car and that is weird that it doesn't have the stripe.
Old 8/22/06, 08:50 PM

My sales rep believes that they must of been short stripes at the plant and shipped without in order to make delivery. This is only their second GT/CS and he was somewhat confused by the lack of stripes.

I will look closely at the car in the morning before we accept it.
Old 8/22/06, 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Just Mark
My sales rep believes that they must of been short stripes at the plant and shipped without in order to make delivery. This is only their second GT/CS and he was somewhat confused by the lack of stripes.

I will look closely at the car in the morning before we accept it.
Mark - congrats on the new Stang!! I still have 6 weeks to go be sure and check the fax gas cap for "California Special" and that you have the tu-tone interior. The stripes on the Redfire look the best of the GT/CS (IMO) while I'm not a fan of a red car - I almost ordered the redfire just because of how awesome the stripes looked with that color.....enjoy your new ride!!
Old 8/23/06, 11:05 AM

Yes it should have come with the stripes. I agree that you need to check and make sure you have the car that your ordered. While most dealerships are honest in that respect, it is still a good idea to bestill any doubts.

Congrats again on your new ride!

Originally Posted by Just Mark
I'll get some Pics when we pick her up in the morning. She is a redfire coupe with parchment interior, IUP (Charcoal Aluminum), comfort package, Auto (wife doesn't do stick), GTAP and side airbags.

So, it should of come from the factory with the stripes right?
Old 8/23/06, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i hope it is a TRUE GT/CS...that would be horrible if they were trying to pull a fast one on ya

make sure it has the GT/CS bumper as well
Old 8/23/06, 12:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
i hope it is a TRUE GT/CS...that would be horrible if they were trying to pull a fast one on ya

make sure it has the GT/CS bumper as well
I doubt they are trying anything underhanded with your new ride Mark (would be too easy to catch) but based on the extremely low compentency level of the sales staff I meet at most dealerships (not all) they probably didn't even realize it.....the GT/CS package appears to be one of Ford's best kept secrects as I have to educate almost every sales guy I talk to about the car.
Old 8/23/06, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Make sure you lay down and look at the front spoiler, make sure your paint is good. on the bottom flat part of the chin spoiler.
Old 8/23/06, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats to you and your wife on your new baby! Please take a bunch of pictures without the stripes. Have you checked out Baltimore Street Mods GT/CS Stripes? That might give you another option. Please be sure to give us all a wheel weight count. I believe the highest number on any one wheel is 13. Take care...
Old 8/23/06, 03:58 PM

Picked up the car this morning and everything (except the stripes) was perfect. Went over the vehicle with a fine toothed comb. Overall I'm very pleased with the fit and finish.

Sales Rep was excellent. Very knowledgable about Mustangs. He even got me an x-plan PIN! (FYI there is an additional $500 rebate if you use x-plan on a Mustang this Month!). So he saved me an additional $1K over our original deal we had when we ordered. He also pathed the path so I could avoid all the addon gobledy goop (paint protection, ext. war., etc) and get the car and get out of the show room in record time. I'll give his dealership and name if it is Ok to post it here.

Driving the car is a blast. I just have to get used to the auto (I drive a Z4 with a six speed manual).
Old 8/23/06, 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Congrats to you and your wife on your new baby! Please take a bunch of pictures without the stripes. Have you checked out Baltimore Street Mods GT/CS Stripes? That might give you another option. Please be sure to give us all a wheel weight count. I believe the highest number on any one wheel is 13. Take care...
Congrads on the CS .

21 lowest is 4 then 13 and 14, both of them on the same side. the 13 and 14 that is
Old 8/23/06, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Congrads on the CS .

21 lowest is 4 then 13 and 14, both of them on the same side. the 13 and 14 that is
This just isn't fair....I want my CS NOW.... ....I'm even drooling in my sleep I know I'm
Old 8/23/06, 11:19 PM

Congrats on getting your CS, I don't think missing the CS stripes will affect the resale since mind also didn't come with the stripes.
Old 8/24/06, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 16/400CS
Congrats on getting your CS, I don't think missing the CS stripes will affect the resale since mind also didn't come with the stripes.
Yours isn't a CS based on your other thread, it's a "California Edition" which is a completely different deal. So far Mark's is the only CS I've head of that was missing stripes, very odd!

Mark, there are a couple of people looking at making CS stripes in other colors, so if you want something other than black you might hold off until later. Or possibly have the dealership get them for you, but give them to you in-the-box.
Old 8/24/06, 07:04 PM

Tres - I Think you are right, I'm going to get the stripes given to me in the box. My wife has decided that she likes it better without the stripes right now. But her decisions are subject to change frequently. I can always put them on when it is time to sell.

I'll get some pictures this weekend and post them for everybodies opinions.

Quick Reply: Pick Up our GT/CS in the Morning!