2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Paint problems need help

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/07, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint problems need help

Well guys it looks like ive made a big mistake letting my dealer detail my 500. They told me they had a professional detailer that would remove the few scratches i noticed when i bought it . now looking at it under flourescent light i can see that my whole car is scratched to hell bad. The dealer says they would have to wet sand it to remove the scratches. This is were i need your guys help and advice. I thought that if you wet sanded it your going to destroy the clearcoat and dull the finish. Any advise you can give me as to what my options are would be greatly appreciated
Old 2/10/07, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 12 Oz J
Well guys it looks like ive made a big mistake letting my dealer detail my 500. They told me they had a professional detailer that would remove the few scratches i noticed when i bought it . now looking at it under flourescent light i can see that my whole car is scratched to hell bad. The dealer says they would have to wet sand it to remove the scratches. This is were i need your guys help and advice. I thought that if you wet sanded it your going to destroy the clearcoat and dull the finish. Any advise you can give me as to what my options are would be greatly appreciated
They don't have to wet sanded, they need to buff it with a course compound, then go to a finer compound. The swirls can then be removed with glazing compound. The problem is that you are buying a brand new, expensive mind you, car and that you shouldn't have to deal with that. If they sand it and buff and buff, they will be removing clearcoat which means that you will end up with a thinner amount of clearcoat than the original paint.