2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

No more GT/CS?

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/07, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more GT/CS?

I am going in Nov 13th to place the order for my car. But I have heard from a few forums that the GT/CS will not be available for Job 2 orders....Has anyone heard the same? If I get my order in by Nov 13th will it just be sent back to the dealership if they decide not to run this model anymore, or will it be in soon enough that it will go through...?

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 11/11/07, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

You can try your question at blue oval forums, lots of real Ford people production people hang out there.
Old 11/12/07, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Good Luck on new GT/CS order!

N4: I too, am most curious about the 2008 GT/CS's ordering status! When you get back from your order meeting with dealership, let us know what they say about this rumor. Good luck on ordering your GT/CS!! We just love our CalStang. Anyone have anything on this order cutoff????
Old 11/12/07, 07:36 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Rumore?

Or is the Bullett replacing the GT/CS?

Ford has always said it will be a "limited" Special Edition run.

And look, they have already given a number on the amount of Bulletts to be produced.

TDS
Old 11/13/07, 04:48 AM
GT Member

The GT/CS is NOT going to be replaced by the Bullitt. The GT/CS will be available for Job 2 builds and even into 2009 at this point. I have an order in for a Vista Blue GT/CS and it will be built Job 2 sometime around late February. I could tell you how I know this, but I would have to kill you.
Old 11/13/07, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jeffvistagtcs
The GT/CS is NOT going to be replaced by the Bullitt. The GT/CS will be available for Job 2 builds and even into 2009 at this point. I have an order in for a Vista Blue GT/CS and it will be built Job 2 sometime around late February. I could tell you how I know this, but I would have to kill you.
Well then apparently our cars will be going down the line together! I just ordered my grabber orange coupe. In looking at the job 2 options...there was NO mention of a "glass top" whatsoever....The only new thing for mustang, besides the Bullitt, was the addition of 18" chrome wheels...?
Old 11/13/07, 05:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffvistagtcs

Hmmm Jeff is located in Southeast Michigan, that may not be far from Detroit. Could this be insider info.???

Old 11/14/07, 04:31 AM
GT Member

"Hmmm Jeff is located in Southeast Michigan, that may not be far from Detroit. Could this be insider info.???"

It is nice to have friends in high places...........
Old 11/14/07, 05:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh come on spill the beans, you're among friends
Old 11/14/07, 06:35 PM

I know the manager at my local ford store very well he said no GT/CS in 2009. Said it was a limited production line and was for 07 and 08. There is some pink ribbon one comming the bullit and a Boss in in talk. Said the CS was more limited than the Shelby cars already. But if the guy works in a plant or is admin at Ford he would know more than a dealer for sure.
Old 11/14/07, 08:33 PM
Cobra Member

The GT/CS is in the job 2 order guide
Old 11/15/07, 12:19 AM

Does that mean end of model 08 like Ford was saying 07 08 only or ?
Old 11/15/07, 04:38 AM
GT Member

"I know the manager at my local ford store very well he said no GT/CS in 2009. Said it was a limited production line and was for 07 and 08. There is some pink ribbon one comming the bullit and a Boss in in talk. Said the CS was more limited than the Shelby cars already. But if the guy works in a plant or is admin at Ford he would know more than a dealer for sure."

The GT/CS is not limited by an number per year. (Example 5,000 build for 08 Model year). It is really just a Mustang GT appearance package that is not numbered or limited. At this point an 09 GT/CS is scheduled. No Boss....sorry.
Old 11/19/07, 10:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The GT/CS was originally going to be 2007 only, with the Bullitt planned as the non-SVT (Shelby) special edition for 2008. With the Bullitt pushed back to Job 2 (2008.5), the original thought was the GT/CS was stay on for just Job 1 of 2008 with the Bullitt replacing it at Job 2. However, Ford decided to keep the GT/CS for the remainder of 2008, in addition to the Bullitt.

The "pink ribbon" model that ocean1 refers to above is likely the 2008 "Warriors in Pink" model which we've already received a few of at our dealership. Available on black, white, or silver V6 Premiums with Pony Package and automatic transmission, it is package to help awareness for breast cancer with some of the proceeds going to the Komen foundation. Pink ribbon/horse emblems on the fender, dark charcoal interior with pink stitching, and pink rocker panel stripes. Actually a nice looking package and not as "girley" as I had envisioned.

Not sure what non-SVT special edition Mustang to expect for the 2009 model year. Bullitt is a half year only. GT/CS will likely continue as it has been very popular. No Boss or Mach 1 confirmed yet. The new 5.8L and 6.2L Hurricane (Boss) motors will debut in the 2009 F-150's next summer, with a Hurricane motor to eventually end up in a specialty Mustang (Boss package, most likely), but that will follow the all-new F-150, so it would likely be the 2010 model year at the earliest for a Boss Mustang. If Ford offers a different specialty Mustang for 2009 it will likely be slapped together as a last minute effort to continue their goal of a new special edition every model year. Or perhaps they'll achieve their goal via a Shelby model done at SAI?
Old 11/19/07, 05:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ocean1
I know the manager at my local ford store very well he said no GT/CS in 2009. Said it was a limited production line and was for 07 and 08. There is some pink ribbon one comming the bullit and a Boss in in talk. Said the CS was more limited than the Shelby cars already. But if the guy works in a plant or is admin at Ford he would know more than a dealer for sure.
http://www.ford.ca/english/rftc/warriors.asp

Old 11/21/07, 04:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
The GT/CS was originally going to be 2007 only, with the Bullitt planned as the non-SVT (Shelby) special edition for 2008. With the Bullitt pushed back to Job 2 (2008.5), the original thought was the GT/CS was stay on for just Job 1 of 2008 with the Bullitt replacing it at Job 2. However, Ford decided to keep the GT/CS for the remainder of 2008, in addition to the Bullitt.
Not sure where you got this information from but it's completely false.
Old 11/21/07, 06:28 AM
GT Member

"I know the manager at my local ford store very well he said no GT/CS in 2009. Said it was a limited production line and was for 07 and 08. There is some pink ribbon one comming the bullit and a Boss in in talk. Said the CS was more limited than the Shelby cars already. But if the guy works in a plant or is admin at Ford he would know more than a dealer for sure."

Tell this to the engineer that is working on the 2009 version........dealers don't know squat about what Ford has planned...........They only know what they are told from Ford when Ford is ready for them to know. If the manager was "in the know", we would also know that the "Boss" is no longer in the cycle plan.
Old 11/21/07, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome Brian and Jeff to the boards. Brian - I have seen a lot of your posts On Blue Oval. I know you participated in calls with Ford on the GT500 rollout.

I also recall your announcement when you bought the S197 (looking good too).

Mwilson7 - Unless you have credentials that you're not showing, I doubt you will find a better in the know resource on these boards about Ford info then Brian. Just my opinion.
Old 11/21/07, 06:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian

The "pink ribbon" model that ocean1 refers to above is likely the 2008 "Warriors in Pink" model which we've already received a few of at our dealership. Available on black, white, or silver V6 Premiums with Pony Package and automatic transmission, it is package to help awareness for breast cancer with some of the proceeds going to the Komen foundation. Pink ribbon/horse emblems on the fender, dark charcoal interior with pink stitching, and pink rocker panel stripes. Actually a nice looking package and not as "girley" as I had envisioned.

Not sure what non-SVT special edition Mustang to expect for the 2009 model year. Bullitt is a half year only. GT/CS will likely continue as it has been very popular. No Boss or Mach 1 confirmed yet. The new 5.8L and 6.2L Hurricane (Boss) motors will debut in the 2009 F-150's next summer, with a Hurricane motor to eventually end up in a specialty Mustang (Boss package, most likely), but that will follow the all-new F-150, so it would likely be the 2010 model year at the earliest for a Boss Mustang. If Ford offers a different specialty Mustang for 2009 it will likely be slapped together as a last minute effort to continue their goal of a new special edition every model year. Or perhaps they'll achieve their goal via a Shelby model done at SAI?
Hey Brian, good info. Though from what Igor on BON has said, the new Boss engines won't be available at launch for the F150's. 6 months after release, with the diesel a year after release.
Old 11/21/07, 07:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This is what was presented in a MY07 PowerPoint early last year that found its way onto the Internet regarding the GT/CS -
Attached Thumbnails No more GT/CS?-s197_gtcs_prod_info.jpg  

Quick Reply: No more GT/CS?