2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

New CS Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/07, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CS Mod Questions

Picked up the new CS (after 7 week wait)- white vert with back cloth, black/dove interior 5 days ago. Great car!! Also ordered 2 mods which are on backorder giving me time to question my choices. First is the Mustang Power Upgrade Package from Ford Racing which includes 90mm CAI, Muffler Kit and new calibrations - all supposed to result in approx. 25 more ponies. Can you notice the difference in power? Is this muffler kit much louder? (the other 50% owner of the car doesn't want much more "noise"!) Second item is the Hurst short throw shifter (chrome stalk with white "cue ball" **** - nice retro look - looks like the same that comes with the new Shelby). Does it result in a much higher shifter position when compared to stock shifter? If anyone has experience with these 2 items I would appreciate your feedback.
Old 5/19/07, 08:37 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Congrats on the new ride.

Yes the mufflers are louder than stock, they also "drone" at cruise speed.
We tried them on our '07 GT/CS Vert, and removed them and installed Magnaflow catbacks.

The shifter does change the overall height for the ****, it is "taller" than stock, however it has a much shorter throw pattern. Had one in my '06 GT and loved it every minute of ownership.
You can notice the power increase if you install the complete kit and install the flash program.
TDS
Old 5/21/07, 05:32 AM
CAL
GT Member

That's interesting. I have an '07 CS/GT and recently installed the FRPP M-5230's a.k.a. GTAs. The same exhausts as on the Shelby GT-H and Shelby GT.

Absolutely, no drone. Trust me, I've heard and installed axle-backs with drone. Unless you have ordered the FRPP M-5230-5GTs---then you're right. These DRONE!.

Also, the Shelby GT has the performance-pak (CAI + Tune + Exhaust) and was recently downgraded to 19 as opposed to 25hp. That's ok, I'm bone stock, so it's enough to blow by me!! Happy motoring.