2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Lowering a GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by QuarterHorse
I was thinking the same thing. I think the factory height looks fine, but to each his/her own.
A lot of the guys and gals today don't like the rake look! but that rake is there for a purpose! Ford racing, Roush and Steeda lowering spring all basically drop even amounts front and back! to keep the rake ! ! for the same reason dragsters have rake!....to compensate for the basic principals of inertia... Keeps the vehicle from raising in the front on fast starts among other things!
Old 2/8/07, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Rick's car looks great! What springs did he use?
Old 2/8/07, 06:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Eibach Pro Kit with Tokico D-Spec shocks and struts installed to improve the ride and handling (and looks).

Old 2/8/07, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice ride! The car sure does look nice lowered all around. Thanks for the pic.
Old 2/15/07, 08:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just scraped the center between the wheels pulling into the driveway tonight. The snow is about 2" deep and has refrozen, all I heard was crunch... will check for damage in the morning. Hope it was just the frame and not any body parts. I don't think I need to be any lower.
Old 3/14/07, 09:54 AM
HNT

I'll let you know exactly what it's like tomorrow night. I having the FRPP and FRHP packages installed tomorrow. For what it's worth, I simply don't pull over any curb. I stop short with all of my cars.
Old 3/14/07, 10:56 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Mine is lower using Tein H springs and Tokico D-spec's plus several suspension parts. I've only scrape once in the middle on a speed bump.
Old 3/14/07, 12:07 PM

My car's getting the Steeda Ultralites right now, should have pics this afternoon.
Old 3/14/07, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Do the Ultralites lower the car less than the FRPP springs? I would like to lower mine but only want to lower it just a tad, not slam it.
Old 3/14/07, 08:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Shelby GT has the FRPP handling pack, which lowers the car about 1". It has the same front and rear as the GT/CS. After seeing one I like the look and think I may go with it for the slight drop and gain better handling too.
Old 3/15/07, 05:35 PM

Yeah, the Ultralites lower it less than FRPP or Eibach. The ride is great. I have scrapped once already, very lightly, going into the driveway. If I angle it a little I don't scrape though.

Pics are in my mod thread, there's a link in my sig.
Old 3/15/07, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmm, I was leaning towards the FRPP but if the Ultralites are even less drop, then I may have to go that route. I just want to close the gap in the fender wells and improve the handling a tad. What struts did you go with?
Old 3/20/07, 03:58 PM
HNT

Got my ride back after the FRPP and HP were installed and there was a big difference in handling. Much rougher/stiffer and little rear end roll now. It seems to be good balance between slamming it down and stock. As this is my new daily driver, I didn't want to kill myself after a long day of driving. I'm told it will take a few weeks for the springs to settle down. I think it's low enough as is. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and recommend it to anyone. The car is much safer in my opinion now as well because you have a much better feel for the road. The Borla exhaust sounds great and although my wife hates it at 60 MPH, I'm all smiles.
Old 3/22/07, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HNT
Got my ride back after the FRPP and HP were installed and there was a big difference in handling. Much rougher/stiffer and little rear end roll now. It seems to be good balance between slamming it down and stock. As this is my new daily driver, I didn't want to kill myself after a long day of driving. I'm told it will take a few weeks for the springs to settle down. I think it's low enough as is. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and recommend it to anyone. The car is much safer in my opinion now as well because you have a much better feel for the road. The Borla exhaust sounds great and although my wife hates it at 60 MPH, I'm all smiles.

Any pics? Love to see pics, I'm lowering with FRPP HP and installing GT/CS fascias...
Old 3/26/07, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rmcomer
I had the Eibach Pro Kit with Tokico D-Spec shocks and struts installed to improve the ride and handling (and looks).

WOW...............One sweet ride!!!
Old 3/31/07, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
Any pics? Love to see pics, I'm lowering with FRPP HP and installing GT/CS fascias...
Bump to HNT, HNT, come in HNT....
Old 4/7/07, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

i have saleen racecraft... front drop is not much, but rear is level. and yes, i've scrathed mine little.
Old 4/8/07, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've installed the GT/CS front end and the FRPP Handling Pak (FR3). It is lower, I guess the bottom of the front fascia shoud be about 3 inches lower than stock, but if your are mindful it is not bad. And i think the look certainly outweighs the slight inconvenience of taking my driveway at an angle...
Old 4/8/07, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
I've installed the GT/CS front end and the FRPP Handling Pak (FR3). It is lower, I guess the bottom of the front fascia shoud be about 3 inches lower than stock, but if your are mindful it is not bad. And i think the look certainly outweighs the slight inconvenience of taking my driveway at an angle...
Pics please......
Old 4/9/07, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think that this weekend i am going to have to go buy a digital camera so I can post pics, I am stoked at the way it looks, but I am biased!

Quick Reply: Lowering a GT/CS