2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

IUP question

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/07, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IUP question

I am getting ready to put in my order...but I have a few more questions...is IUP worth $400? I have read what it comes with but what does it have vs what the CS/GT pkg has? I will be getting the GO with black and parchment ,5spd....what is all included in the "message center"? Any pics of IUP vs no IUP? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10/3/07, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

The IUP includes several things and I would strongly recommend it. I will probably miss a couple items, but it includes a leather wrapped steering wheel, metal dash inserts (dark one would look good with GO), satin accents on door pulls, vents, steering wheel, My Color instrument cluster with info center, oil pressure gauge, and voltage gauge. Those are the major pieces I can think of.
Old 10/3/07, 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The info center is nice. It has a mpg calculator, miles till empty, trip timer, and a few other things. It also gives you different warnings that go along with the warning lights. for example, if you have an overheat condition, the temp gauge goes to the red area, and the gauge itself will light up red (if you have the headlights on). A warning light will also light up, and the info center will also read "overheat" or "engine temp. overheat" or something like that (never had it happen).

Without the IUP, the gauge would move to the red area and a light would turn on, but that's it.
Old 10/3/07, 11:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here are a few examples for you.
Attached Thumbnails IUP question-iupgauges.jpg   IUP question-satiniup.jpg   IUP question-iup.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 10/4/07, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure if the aluminum shift **** (on the 5-speed) came with the IUP or the Premier Trim Package, but it's the one thing I don't like. When it's cold out, it feels like I'm grabbing a big ice cube and when the interior heats up, it feels like a hot poker.

Looks nice, but isn't very comfortable in extreme temps. I'll wind up replacing it, although someone told me it's glued to the boot. Is that true?

In any event, IMHO the combination of the IUP and PTP really makes a big difference in how the interior looks and feels.
Old 10/4/07, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
here are a few examples for you.
Interesting....is this what it looks like on the 08s??

I much prefer this one, like it looks on my 07.

But in a nutshell, YES I think it's worth it. It's probably the main features in the cabin that everyone talks about.
Old 10/4/07, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Definitely worth it. The IUP and PTP really dress up the interior.
Old 10/5/07, 05:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
I'm not sure if the aluminum shift **** (on the 5-speed) came with the IUP or the Premier Trim Package, but it's the one thing I don't like.
The aluminum **** is part of the Premier Trim Package. The IUP shift **** is similar to the stock ****, but the shift pattern insert is satin.

Originally Posted by BLCKNED
Interesting....is this what it looks like on the 08s??
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1191474189
This is the base instrument cluster for '05 - '08